Air Fryer Corn on the Cob — If you’re like me, then you love eating corn on the cob. It’s delicious and can make any meal better! However, I don’t always feel like dealing with all of the mess with cooking it. That is why I am so happy to have my air fryer! Now, I can cook corncobs in a matter of minutes without having to worry about making my kitchen into a disaster zone.
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST VIDEO:
This is one of my favorite vegetables in the air fryer, but again who doesn’t love Air Fryer Corn On The Cob? Perfectly roasted and smothered with butter and herbs.
In less than 10 minutes, you can have the best corn on the cob you have ever had in your life, grilled to absolute perfection. But if you don’t want it grilled, cook it for less time.
EASY AIR FRYER CORN RECIPE
Air fryer corn on the cob is a great option when you want to avoid heating up your oven and grill. This easy, quick dish only takes minutes of cooking time in comparison with other methods like roasting or microwaving that can take much longer!
The flavors are so delicious- especially since we get crispy edges from our hot circulating air thanks to how they cook without oils at high temperatures (sugar helps crispiness too). You won’t regret trying this new twist for sweet bell peppers – give it ago during any season because all year round there’s nothing better than Air Fry’d flavor bangin’ fresh off an open fire!
What You Need For Corn on the Cob in the Air Fryer
Are you ready for the summer to start? I know I am! There’s nothing better than gathering with family and friends outside in the backyard, enjoying some delicious food. One of my favorite dishes is corn on the cob. It’s simple, easy to make, and doesn’t require too much effort. However it can be a bit messy if you’re not careful while eating it (those pesky kernels always end up flying everywhere). Luckily for us though, there’s an easier way to cook your corn this year – in your air fryer! Just follow these simple steps below and get ready to enjoy one of the best meals of the season!
- Corn: Pick out some great sweet corn.
- Olive Oil: A great way to season and get the roasted flavor into the corn.
- Salt & Black Pepper: Seasoning for the corn, you can also add any of your favorite seasonings!
How To Make Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Start by husking the corn, so you only have the corn left.
- Cut the corn in half, so it fits in your air fryer basket. Rub the vegetable or olive oil over the corn.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip it, and add another 5 to 10 minutes.
Tips For the Ultimate Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
Air fryer corn on the cob is so easy to make, all you need are some fresh or frozen ears of corn! Simply drop them whole into your appliance and press start. Within minutes they’ll be cooked with a delicious crunchy exterior that’s now ready for dipping in ketchup or mayo mixed together with spices like cayenne pepper for an extra kick at dinner time.
Air Fryer: Since every air fryer cooks a bit differently, it’s important to check on your corn as you cook it, remember to check it frequently. Each air fryer cooks a bit differently, therefore your cooking time will vary.
Spacing: When cooking with an air fryer make sure that there is enough space around each batch of food. This way it will be cooked to absolute perfection.
Oil: You can use oil or use an aerosol spray before adding the corn to your air fryer basket. Remember to not use Pam or any other Aerosol spray otherwise it will ruin your air fryer. A great article to read is here.
Stack: Never stack food in an air fryer, otherwise you will end up with uneven and raw spots in your food. You are always looking for a single layer of food, for best results.
Cut: Depending on the size of your basket, you may need to cut your corn into smaller pieces, or in half to fit them into your air fryer basket.
- I used “bicolor” corn because it’s what was freshest at the grocery store– but this recipe will work with yellow or white corn!
- Olive oil helps the corn cook without burning. It also helps the salt stick to the corn.
- Salt enhances the flavor of the corn and helps balance out the corn’s natural sweetness.
- Butter adds great flavor and richness to the corn.
- Garlic Parmesan: After adding the butter, sprinkle over ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Elote: Instead of spreading the corn with butter, spread it with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or sour cream. Then sprinkle over ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese, ½ teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon lime juice, and chopped cilantro for garnish.
- Spicy Corn: For spicy corn, add red pepper flakes, hot sauce, or cayenne pepper to taste.
How To Pick the Perfect Corn On The Cob:
Cooking corn on the cob is a quick, easy, and delicious way to feed your family or guests. But how do you pick out the perfect ear of corn without knowing what it tastes like? Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect ear of sweet corn for your next meal!
1) Look for firm, tightly wrapped husks that have moist silk strands coming from them. The silk should be dry and not wet.
2) Make sure that there aren’t any holes in the husk where bugs might have gotten into it.
3) You can check if an ear has ripened by peeling back a bit of its husk; If it’s pale yellow under the dark green outer layer, that means it’s at it’s peak of freshness.
How To Prep The Corn:
I tried two ways to air fry corn. You can either remove the husks or keep them on. Both methods work.
Personally like to remove the husks and silk threads that come with the corn on the cob. I think that roasting corn on the cob roasts better without the husks.
How To Roast The Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer:
If you want to get the best-roasted flavor out of the corn, you need to use olive oil to help the vegetable roast. I used to use olive oil spray, but I have really come to appreciate rubbing the olive oil all over the corn’s kernels. I believe that you get a better-roasted vegetable.
What Can I Season Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer With?
I like generally love plain old salt and pepper on my air fryer corn. But herbs work very well. I find smoked paprika, parsley, chives, lemon zest, and lime juice work very well.
Can I Use Foil on My Air Fryer Corn on the Cob?
Yes, it is great. It really keeps the grilled flavor in. Just remember not to crowd the air fryer. Otherwise, none of your corn will cook correctly.
How to Store Corn on the Cob
Storing corn on the cob is a simple way to save time and money. Corn can be frozen or refrigerated for several days, allowing you to have sweet, delicious corn all week long.
For cooked (air fried) corn, for best results store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob — If you're like me, then you love eating corn on the cob. It's delicious and can make any meal better! However, I don't always feel like dealing with all of the mess with cooking it. That is why I am so happy to have my air fryer! Now, I can cook corncobs in a matter of minutes without having to worry about making my kitchen into a disaster zone.
- 2 ears corn, shucked and with silks removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or cooking spray
- 1/2 tesapoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Brush (or spray) the corn with olive oil andsprinkle over the salt. Make sure to cover all sides of the corn!
Add the corn to the air fryer and cook at 375F for 8 minutes. Then, flip the cornand cook for an additional 5 minutes.
While the corn is still warm, spread over the butter. Garnish with any additionalseasonings and enjoy.
Storeany leftover corn in an airtight container, in the refrigerator.