If you have been looking for the perfect summer recipe, this is one of the best for Air fryer Elotes Corn Ribs. It’s really a perfect way to roast a smaller version of corn on the cob! So, if you have been looking for new ways to impress your guests this summer, this is one of the most delicious recipes!
Do you love traditional Mexican elotes corn but want a faster, easier way to make them? Look no further than this excellent air fryer elotes corn ribs recipe!
With an easy marinade, simple prep work, and only a few minutes of cooking time in the air fryer, these juicy ribs are full of flavor and ready in no time. Perfect for game days or quick weeknight meals, grab your other ingredients now and prepare for some deliciousness!
If you have been watching Tik Tok recently, this trend went viral, and now everyone wants to eat their corn kernels the best way, such as corn ribs. So, try this easy recipe the next time you want a great take on Mexican street corn.
What Are Air Fryer Corn Ribs
Air Fryer corn ribs are a trendy and delicious way to enjoy fresh corn on the cob. The corn is cut into thick slices resembling ribs and then seasoned and air fried to create a crispy and flavorful snack or side dish.
Corn ribs are a great alternative to traditional corn on the cob and are perfect for a summer barbecue, picnic, or snack. They can be seasoned with various spices and herbs to suit your taste preferences and served with dips or sauces for added flavor. Air frying the corn ribs makes them crispy and caramelized on the outside while keeping them juicy and tender on the inside.
It’s a fun snack that the whole family will love, and it’s perfect for the taste of Mexican corn!
Why Cook Corn Ribs In Air Fryer
Cooking corn ribs in the air fryer is a great way to achieve a crispy and delicious texture without the need for deep-frying or excessive oil. The air fryer uses hot air to circulate around the food, creating a crispy exterior while keeping the inside moist and tender. This cooking method is much healthier than traditional deep-frying and results in a delicious snack or side dish that is low in fat and calories.
Additionally, cooking corn ribs in the air fryer is quick and easy, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights or when you’re short on time. The air fryer also allows you to season the corn ribs with various spices and herbs to suit your taste preferences, creating a flavorful and satisfying dish that will impress.
This might be the best corn recipe you have ever had, and it’s a great take on classic Mexican street food.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs
Are you looking for a delicious way to prepare an unforgettable meal that’s easy, fast, and can be enjoyed by all?
If so, air fryer elotes corn ribs are the perfect recipe for you. These sticky and spicy ribs are packed with flavor and will surely please everyone at your next gathering. All it takes is a few simple ingredients that come together to create a delectable dish in no time. Keep reading if you want to learn exactly what ingredients are needed to make this tasty recipe!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card, as well as the nutritional information.
- Olive Oil, or Avocado Oil, or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Whole Ear of Corn, Husks Removed: Any corn will work.
- Chipotle Peppers in Ancho Sauce
- Cotija Cheese
- Seasonings and Spice: Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Paprika, Kosher Salt, and Fresh Cilantro
How To Cook Yummy Corn Ribs In Air Fryer
Are you looking for a healthy, delicious meal that requires minimal effort and is ready in minutes? Look no further! Air fryers are an incredible kitchen tool that allows consumers to make tasty recipes faster than ever. And with these easy-to-follow instructions on how to cook delicious corn ribs in your air fryer, you’ll have a nutritious and tasty dinner on the table in no time!
Step One: Season The Corn
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt and whisk until blended; set aside.
Step Two: Cut The Corn Ribs
Take each ear of corn, remove the ends of the corn cob, stand up vertically on a flat surface or cutting board, and carefully cut it in half straight down with a large, very sharp knife. Do this again until each ear of corn is in quarters, lengthwise.
Use a pastry brush to coat corn liberally with a mixture of olive oil on all sides of each rib.
Step Three: Air Fry The Corn Ribs
Place pieces of seasoned corn ribs in an air fryer basket, single layer, and set cook time for 5-7 minutes.
Step Four: Serving
Meanwhile, combine mayo, chipotle peppers, and lime juice in a medium bowl; set aside.
Once the corn has finished cooking, drizzle with a mayonnaise mixture. Top with cotija and cilantro right before serving.
- Use fresh corn: To get the best flavor and texture, it’s essential to use fresh corn on the cob. Choose ears of corn that are firm and plump, with bright green husks and silky threads.
- Cut the corn into even-sized pieces: To ensure even cooking, cut the corn into equal-sized pieces, around 1-1.5 inches thick.
- Brush the corn ribs with oil: Brushing them with oil before air frying will help them get crispy and golden brown.
- Season the corn ribs with spices and herbs: To make your elote corn ribs flavorful, mix together a blend of your favorite spices and herbs, such as chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. You can also add fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice: To give your elote corn ribs an authentic Mexican flavor, squeeze a wedge of lime over the cooked corn. Serve with fresh lime wedges.
- Serve with toppings: Top your elote corn ribs with crumbled cotija cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, and a drizzle of crema or sour cream. You can also sprinkle some hot sauce or chili flakes for extra heat.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket: Make sure to arrange the corn ribs in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving some space in between each piece. Overcrowding the basket will prevent the hot air from circulating evenly and may result in unevenly cooked corn.
How To Cut Ears Of Corn Into Corn Ribs
To cut ears of corn into corn ribs, follow these steps:
- Remove the husks and silk: Start by removing the outer husks and silky threads from the ear of the corn. Rinse the corn under cold water to remove any remaining silk.
- Cut off the stem end: Using a sharp knife cut off the stem end of the corn so that it stands up straight.
- Cut the corn into sections: Cut the corn into sections that are around 1-1.5 inches thick. It’s best to cut the sections lengthwise, following the natural curve of the cob.
- Remove the kernels: Hold each section of corn upright and use a sharp knife to carefully cut the kernels off the cob, leaving a small portion of the cob intact. This will help the corn rib hold its shape during cooking.
- Repeat with the remaining sections of corn: Continue cutting the corn into sections and removing the kernels until all the corn has been cut into corn ribs.
- Season and air fry: Season the corn ribs with your desired spices and herbs, and then place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry at 400°F for 8-12 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve hot: Serve the corn ribs immediately while hot and crisp. Enjoy as a snack or side dish with your favorite dipping sauce or toppings.
Oven Method For Making Corn Ribs
If you want to cook them in the oven instead, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, and cook for about 20-25 minutes. For juicy baked corn ribs, for best results, baste them with butter frequently during the cooking process.
Storing and Reheating
- Storing: If you have any leftovers, place them cool to room temperature and then wrap them up in foil or place slices of corn into an airtight container. Place the corn ribs into the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Reheating: To reheat in the air fryer, toss the corn ribs still wrapped in the air fryer basket; air fry for 3 to 7 minutes until heated through.
Seasoning Ideas For Corn Ribs
Looking for some ways to wow your guests at your next get-together or BBQ? You can really use anything you want to season these.
My kids preferred them plain with some melted butter and salt, but you can use any compound butter or garlic butter sauce you want for GREAT flavor. Use lemon pepper seasoning, feta cheese, parmesan cheese, or elote seasoning to baste these sweet corn ribs. Serve with your favorite sauce, a dash of tangy seasonings, or cayenne pepper for even more flavor!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you cook corn ribs in the air fryer?
Cooking times may vary depending on the air fryer brand and model, but generally, it takes around 8-12 minutes at 400°F to cook corn ribs in the air fryer.
Do you need to preheat the air fryer before cooking corn ribs?
Yes, it’s recommended to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the corn ribs. This ensures that the air fryer reaches the desired cooking temperature, resulting in evenly cooked corn ribs.
Can you make corn ribs in advance and reheat them in the air fryer?
While it’s best to serve corn ribs fresh and hot, you can make them in advance and reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes. However, reheating may cause them to become slightly less crispy.
What are some alternative seasoning options for corn ribs?
In addition to the traditional Mexican spices, you can experiment with other seasoning options such as Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, or even a blend of salt and black pepper.
Can you use frozen corn to make corn ribs in the air fryer?
While it’s best to use fresh corn, you can use frozen corn that has been thawed to make corn ribs in the air fryer. However, the texture may not be as crisp as with fresh corn.
What To Serve Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs With?
You can serve these as either an appetizer or part of a huge BBQ feast; some of my favorite air fryer recipes to pair these with,
- AIR FRYER MUSHROOM & SWISS BURGERS
- NINJA FOODI GRILL STEAK
- HOW TO MAKE MEATLOAF IN YOUR AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER-HERBED LAMB CHOPS
Air Fryer Corn Ribs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh lemon juice is best
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt
- 4 ears corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon chipotle peppers in ancho sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh lime juice is best
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt and whisk until blended; set aside.
- Take each ear of corn, stand up vertically, and carefully cut it in half straight down with a large, sharp knife. Do this again until each ear of corn is in quarters, lengthwise.
- Use a pastry brush to coat corn liberally with oil mixture on all sides.
- Place pieces of corn in air fryer basket and cook for five to seven minutes,
- Meanwhile, combine mayo, chipotle peppers, and lime juice; set aside.
- Once the corn has finished cooking, drizzle with a mayonnaise mixture.
- Top with cotija and cilantro.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper