Air Fryer Meatloaf — Do you want to make juicy, flavorful meatloaf without the mess of frying it in oil? Try making your meatloaf with an air fryer!
Today, I am making my mother’s Air Fryer Meatloaf with ground beef. This is one of the best meatloaves if you are looking for a tender, juicy piece of meat to serve to your family.
If you are looking for a quick and delicious meal, look no further than this dish, it’s easy and comes out so moist and absolutely delicious. This is one of America’s greatest comfort foods, and so kid-friendly.
I like to serve mine up with a giant old pile of Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes and some Air Fryer Sweet Corn. But no matter what you serve it up with, it’s absolutely delish, and it’s a great family meal.
What Really Makes a Good Meatloaf?
The secret as my mom will tell you, is to use a really lean meat. When you are air frying a meatloaf you do not want to end up with a huge pile of grease at the end. You want a nice slice of meatloaf to serve to your family.
Today, I used a balance of both lean ground beef and ground pork. Some supermarkets even label it a meatloaf mix. So, check your meat aisle.
Why Make Meatloaf In The Air Fryer
Many cooks have a love-hate relationship with meatloaf. They either love the taste or they hate it, but there is no in between. I personally enjoy making meatloaf for my family and friends because of the range of textures that it has from soft to crispy and firm. In this recipe I will be sharing how you can make your favorite meatloaf recipe in an air fryer without sacrificing any flavor or texture!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Meatloaf:
- Green Bell Peppers
- Lean Ground Beef
- Ground Pork
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Bread Crumbs
How To Make Meatloaf In An Air Fryer
Start by chopping the green peppers, into diced pieces, then chop the onions, into bite-sized pieces. Place the chopped onions, peppers, and butter into a saucepan, and saute until both the onions and peppers are tender. Let the onions and peppers cool to room temperature.Meanwhile, combine the pork and ground beef together. Then add the eggs to the meat mixture, mix in the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and salt and pepper.
Then add the breadcrumbs in, start with a 1/2 of a cup, and then mix it all together. You only want to pour enough breadcrumbs to make the mixture stick. If you add too much it will be dry. Mix in the green peppers and onions, into the mixture. Spray mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray
Add your meatloaf mixture to the mini loaf pans. And shape them into loaves. Add the ketchup on top and spread. Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, and the time for 20 to 30 minutes.After the 30 minutes check to see if it is done, and check the internal temperature of 160 degrees F or 70 degrees C.
Remove the mini pans from the air fryer, let rest for a few minutes before serving, plate, serve and enjoy!
- Do not overmix, by continuing mixing you will create a hard meatloaf. Once everything is mixed, leave it.
- As previously mentioned above, use lean ground beef. It will leave you with a better end product.
- Add your favorite seasonings, your family loves oregano or garlic, throw it in.
- Let the meat rest. When the meatloaf is done air frying, let it rest for about 4 minutes.
Can You Freeze Meatloaf?
YES! This is a great make-ahead meal. Simply make the meatloaf. And, then cover the pan and freeze.
When you are ready to have it for dinner, you can either air fry it from frozen or leave it to thaw in your refrigerator, it should take about 24 hours to defrost it, then just follow the air frying instructions in the recipe card.
Some Great Items Used in Preparing My Meatloaf, Affiliate links included:
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Meatloaf is excellent comfort food that can often be difficult to cook. This recipe for Air Fryer Meatloaf makes meatloaf quick and easy while still being delicious. With a few ingredients, you can have dinner on the table in less than half an hour!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 cup green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumb
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Start by chopping the green peppers into diced pieces
- Then chop the onions into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the chopped onions, peppers, and butter into a saucepan, and saute until both the onions and peppers are tender.
- Let the onions and peppers cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the pork and ground beef.
- Then add the eggs to the meat mixture.
- Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Then add the breadcrumbs in, start with a 1/2 of a cup, and then mix it all. You only want to pour enough breadcrumbs to make the mixture stick. If you add too much, it will be dry.
- Mix in the green peppers and onions into the mixture.
- Spray mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray
- Add your meatloaf mixture to the mini loaf pans. And shape them into loaves.
Add the ketchup on top and spread.
- Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, and the time for 25 to 35 minutes.
After the 25 minutes, check if it is done and check the 160 degrees F’s internal temperature or 70 degrees C.
- Remove the mini pans from the air fryer, rest for a few minutes before serving, plate, and enjoy!
Note: The exact time will depend on the cooking time. I used a mini loaf pan, which allows it to cook faster. If you are using a full-sized loaf pan, the exact time will be about 35-40 minutes.
Keywords: meatloaf in air fryer