Today, I am making my mother’s Air Fryer Meatloaf with ground beef. This is one of the best meatloaves if you are looking for a tender, juicy piece of meat to serve to your family.
What Really Makes a Good Meatloaf?
The secret as my mom will tell you, is to use a really lean mean. When you are air frying a meatloaf you do not want to end up with a huge pile of grease at the end. You want a nice slice of meatloaf to serve to your family.
Today, I used a balance of both lean ground beef and ground pork. Some supermarkets even label it a meatloaf mix. So, check your meat aisle.
Easy To Make Air Fryer Meatloaf
This one is really easy to make, and it has been passed down for generation,
- 50% Ground lean beef and 50% Ground POrk
- Breadcrumbs and eggs, these two ingredients help with the binding.
- Onions and peppers, give you great flavor
- Ketchup-Classic Glaze for on top.
What is an Old-Fashioned Meatloaf?
The old fashioned way refers to having green peppers, and onions, diced and mixed into the middle. The peppers and onion mixture give the meatloaf moisture, without added fat.
Tips For Making A Great Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Do not overmix, by continuing mixing you will create a hard meatloaf. Once everything is mixed, leave it.
- As previously mentioned above, use lean ground beef. It will leave you with a better end product.
- Add your favorite seasonings, your family loves oregano or garlic, throw it in.
- Let the meat rest. When the meatloaf is done air frying, let it rest for about 4 minutes.
Can You Freeze Meatloaf?
YES! This is a great make-ahead meal. Simply make the meatloaf. And, then cover the pan and freeze.
When you are ready to have it for dinner, you can either air fry it from frozen or leave it to thaw in your refrigerator, it should take about 24 hours to defrost it, then just follow the air frying instructions in the recipe card.
Other Great Air Fryer Recipes–
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Some Great Items Used in Preparing My Meatloaf, Affiliate links included:
Air Fryer, Old Fashioned Meatloaf with Ground Beef
This is such an easy recipe. My kids love it, I love that I can make enough for one family-sized portion, in a few easy steps.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 cup green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumb
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Start by chopping the green peppers, into diced pieces
- Then chop the onions, into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the chopped onions, peppers, and butter into a saucepan, and saute until both the onions and peppers are tender.
- Let the onions and peppers cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the pork and ground beef together.
- Then add the eggs to the meat mixture.
- Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Then add the breadcrumbs in, start with a 1/2 of a cup, and then mix it all together. You only want to pour enough breadcrumbs to make the mixture stick. If you add too much it will be dry.
- Mix in the green peppers and onions, into the mixture.
- Spray mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray
- Add your meatloaf mixture to the mini loaf pans. And shape them into loaves.
Add the ketchup on top and spread.
- Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, and the time for 15 minutes.
After the 15 minutes check to see if it is done, and check the internal temperature of 160 degrees F or 70 degrees C.
- Remove the mini pans from the air fryer, let rest for a few minutes before serving, plate, serve and enjoy!
Note: The exact time will depend on the cooking time. I used a mini loaf pan, which allows it to cook faster. If you are using a full-sized loaf pan, the exact time will be about 35-40 minutes.
Keywords: meatloaf in air fryer oven meatloaf in xl air fryer 2 pound meatloaf in air fryer air fryer meatloaf with bacon power air fryer oven meatloaf air fryer bacon wrapped meatloaf power air fryer oven meatloaf recipe how to make meatloaf in a airfryer