Air fryer meatloaf is an incredibly delicious way to prepare a dinner that will impress the pickiest of eaters. Today’s recipe, Air Fryer Meatloaf with Bourbon Glaze
With this recipe, you won’t find yourself slaving over the stove – instead, you can get creative and cook up a flavorful masterpiece all nestled inside your air fryer. Not only will your meal be juicy and tender, but it’ll be enhanced with a robust bourbon glaze to give it an extra depth of flavor. So if you’ve been looking for an easy-to-make meal that packs plenty of taste and texture into every bite, look no further! Follow along with our step-by-step guide below and get ready to enjoy an unforgettable dinner experience tonight!
Air fryers are quickly becoming a kitchen staple for their ease of use, energy efficiency, and health benefits. But air fryers aren’t just for making crispy snacks like fries, tacos, or wings – they’re also incredibly effective at cooking many classic dishes such as meatloaf! We’ve taken traditional meatloaf to the next level with our recipe for Air Fryer Meatloaf with Bourbon Glaze.
Packed full of flavor, this melt-in-your-mouth meal will surely become one of the go-to dinners you know will always satisfy family and friends. The combination of ground beef and pork makes it extra juicy while the bourbon glaze takes it over the top in terms of taste; however, due to its short cook time and minimal effort required, you would never guess how packed this dish is with flavor!
The Best Air Fryer Meatloaf With Bourbon Glaze
This meatloaf is sure to be the star of your dinner table! The combination of ground beef seasoned with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup creates a juicy and flavorful loaf. Then it’s topped off with a sweet bourbon glaze that infuses each bite with a hint of smokiness. Cooking this delicious dish in an air fryer ensures that the outside is crunchy and golden brown while the inside remains juicy and tender.
This homemade meatloaf recipe uses ingredients you likely already have in your pantry or refrigerator.
Why You Will Love Making Air Fryer Mini Meatloaf
The Air Fryer Mini Meatloaf is a quick and easy dinner that your whole family will love. It requires only a few simple ingredients and cooks in just minutes. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or when you want something comforting yet delicious.
The air fryer gives the mini meatloaf a great crispy texture on the outside while still keeping it juicy and flavorful on the inside. With minimal prep, you can have a delicious dinner on your table in no time. Plus, since it is cooked in an air fryer, it’s much healthier than traditional baking methods.
The Air Fryer Mini Meatloaf also offers endless possibilities for customizing with your favorite mix-ins and seasonings. For a great family dinner, try adding your favorite vegetables to the meatloaf and serving it with a side of mashed potatoes or your favorite veggie. Or, for a low-carb twist, try experimenting with different types of ground meats, like turkey or pork.
No matter how you cook it, the Air Fryer Mini Meatloaf will be a hit in your household. It’s fast, easy, and full of flavor—everything you need for an unforgettable dinner! Try it today and see why the air fryer is becoming everyone’s favorite kitchen tool. You won’t regret it!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Mini Meatloaf Recipe
Nothing says comfort food quite like a juicy meatloaf! But, when you’re pressed for time and don’t want to fire up the oven, making a traditional meatloaf can seem too daunting. Not anymore – with this easy Air Fryer Mini Meatloaf recipe, you can still get your comfort food fixed quickly. All you need are a few staple ingredients that most of us already have at home, and before you know it, you’ll be enjoying delicious air-fried mini meatloaves on your plate! Read on for the full ingredients needed to make this tasty meal.
Remember the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- Ground Beef: The best meat to use for an air-fried meatloaf is lean meat, either ground meat that is 90/10, ground turkey, or ground chicken
- Panko Bread Crumbs: If you want a keto and low-carb version, you can use ground pork rinds
- Bourbon: Use your favorite bourbon; omit it if you want an alcohol-free version.
- Onions: Use diced white, yellow, or sweet onions.
- Garlic: Use freshly minced or jarred minced garlic
- Egg: Will be the binding for this classic meatloaf
- Milk: Keep your meatloaf moist; you can use any dairy alternative, such as coconut milk, almond milk, or a dairy-free milk
- Seasonings and Spices: Minced Garlic (or Garlic Powder), Worcestershire sauce
- Homemade Bourbon Sauce: Ketchup, Brown Sugar, and Bourbon
How To Make Bourbon Meatloaf In Air Fryer
Step One: Prepare The Meatloaf Mixture
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, chopped onions, bourbon, minced garlic, egg, Worcheshire Sauce, steak seasoning, and milk; mix well until well combined, then fold in the bread crumbs, and mix well, until well combined.
Step Two: Prepare The Meatloaf Loaf
Spray your mini loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with olive oil, and add your meatloaf mixture; if you do not have mini loaf pans, place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket and then make a meatloaf loaf shape, onto the of the parchment paper.
Step Three: Air Fry Your Meatloaf
Place the mini loaf pans into the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, using the air fryer setting.
Step Four: Prepare The Bourbon Sauce
Add the ketchup, brown sugar, and bourbon in a large bowl, mix until well combined, then brush with a pastry brush onto the meatloaf. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Step Five: Remove Meatloaf
Remove the meatloaf from the baking dish, place it on a serving platter, and let it cool for a few minutes. Serve with additional Bourbon Sauce.
- Topping: If you don’t want to use Bourbon Glaze, you can easily substitute for BBQ Sauce; I often make a double batch of my Instant Pot Barbecue Sauce for this recipe; the taste works really well.
- Brown Sugar Glaze: You can also make a brown sugar glaze with dark brown sugar, ground cinnamon, orange juice, honey, and ground cinnamon. It’s made for a great weeknight meal!
- Seasonings And Spices: Add some Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes for additional flavor.
- Vegetables: If you want to add more veggies, some great ones are diced bell peppers, diced mushrooms, or even diced red onions.
- Clean Up: Place a parchment paper until your meatloaf for easy clean up.
How To Store Meatloaf
Storing Raw Meatloaf
Raw Meatloaf: The best way to store raw meatloaf is in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It should be stored on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator to prevent cross-contamination with other foods. The raw meatloaf will last up to 3 days in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator.
If you plan to freeze raw meatloaf, it should be placed in air-tight containers or vacuum-sealed bags. Raw meatloaf will last up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, label and date the packages before freezing so that you can keep track of when they need to be used.
Storing Cooked Meatloaf
Cooked Meatloaf: Cooked meatloaf can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days if adequately wrapped and chilled. To store your cooked meatloaf, allow it to cool completely before covering it with aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or wax paper. Place the covered meatloaf in an airtight container or resealable bag and store it in the refrigerator. Leftover meatloaf will last for 2-3 days, and you can also eat my famous air fryer meatloaf sandwiches.
Freezing Cooked Meatloaf: Before freezing your cooked meatloaf, ensure it’s completely cooled. Otherwise, moisture will be trapped in the meatloaf, causing it to become soggy and less flavorful when defrosted. It’s best to let your cooked meatloaf cool for at least an hour before freezing.
Once the cooked meatloaf is cooled, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. This will help protect it from freezer burn and keep the moisture out. Label the wrapped meatloaf with the freezing date so you can easily track how long it’s been in the freezer.
Finally, place your wrapped meatloaf in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag before putting it in the freezer. This will help keep it from absorbing any other flavors or odors in the freezer and ensure that it stays fresh for as long as possible.
Reheating Meatloaf In Air Fryer
When you’re ready to defrost your cooked meatloaf, move it from the freezer to the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight. Eating your frozen cooked meatloaf within 3 to 4 months of freezing is best, but it will stay safe to eat for up to 6 months.
Internal Temperature Of Cooked Meatloaf
The meatloaf’s internal temperature should be at least 165°F. It’s essential to use a food thermometer to make sure your meatloaf has reached an acceptable temperature before serving it. If the center isn’t done, return the loaf to the oven for additional cooking time and recheck its temperature with a meat thermometer. It’s also key to remember that the internal temperature of your meatloaf will rise 5°F once it is removed from the oven, so make sure to pull it out of the oven at 160°F for a safe internal temperature.
If you’re cooking a large meatloaf, check multiple locations for the accurate temperature. Allow your cooked meatloaf to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving it. This allows the juices to settle within the loaf, making it easier to slice and serve and ensuring that each piece is as flavorful as the last.
What To Serve With Meatloaf
Meatloaf is a classic American comfort food that many people enjoy. While it is usually served as the main dish, several side dishes can be served with meatloaf to make it even more delicious.
- Instant Pot Mashed potatoes and gravy go great with almost any kind of meatloaf; mashed potatoes help to soak up the savory flavors of the meatloaf while the gravy adds a rich and amazing flavor.
- Another great option is to serve air fryer green beans with your meatloaf. This vegetable is packed with vitamins and minerals, making it a healthy choice that’s also delicious. Try sautéing them in some butter for extra flavor.
- Salad is another great option for a side dish with meatloaf. Not only does it add some color and crunch to the plate, but it can also be dressed up with vinaigrettes or other toppings and complement the meal.
- If you’re looking for something slightly more indulgent, try serving macaroni and cheese with your meatloaf. This classic comfort food is sure to be a hit with any crowd. Here is my delicious recipe!
No matter what sides you choose, they will all work well with the flavors of a delicious meatloaf.
Best Pans For Cooking Baking Meatloaf In The Air Fryer
The best mini loaf pans for air-frying meatloaf are:
- MontoPack Aluminum Mini Disposable Loaf Pans | Deep Half Size 6 x 3.5” Extra Thick Foil Bread Containers for Baking, Food Storage & Takeout | Eco-Friendly & Recyclable | Bulk 100-Pack of 1 Pound Trays
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pan Set, 3-Piece, Steel
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Copycat Recipe Boston Market Meatloaf Recipe
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- Air Fryer Meatloaf Sandwich
In the end, cooking a juicy and flavorful air fryer meatloaf with bourbon glaze is a surefire way to impress your guests and give them an unforgettable meal. Not only does it look impressive on the plate, but the smell of the bourbon glaze is enough to have your mouth start watering before you even take your first bite.
The sweetness from the glaze pairs wonderfully with the savoriness of the meatloaf and herbs; it’s like a symphony of flavor with each bite. Whether you serve this dish for a relaxing Sunday dinner for your family or as an entrée for party guests, you can be sure that this tasty meatloaf will bring lots of smiles – especially after they get their first taste! Until next time…happy eating!
And best yet, it’s an easy recipe! That the whole family will love!
Air Fryer Meatloaf with Bourbon Glaze
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Bourbon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, chopped onions, bourbon, minced garlic, egg, Worcheshire Sauce, steak seasoning, and milk; mix well until well combined, then fold in the bread crumbs, and mix well, until well combined.
- Spray your mini loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with olive oil, and add your meatloaf mixture; if you do not have mini loaf pans, place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket and then make a meatloaf loaf shape, onto the of the parchment paper.
- Place the mini loaf pans into the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, using the air fryer setting.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, and bourbon in a large bowl, mix until well combined, then brush with a pastry brush onto the meatloaf. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove the meatloaf from the baking dish, place it on a serving platter, and let it cool for a few minutes. Serve with additional Bourbon Sauce.
- Air Fryer
- Mini Loaf Pans