Air Fryer Boston Market Meatloaf — When you think of air fryer recipes, what do you typically make? Your first instinct likely is to think about crispy chicken wings or french fries. But if you’re looking for a recipe that can be cooked in the air fryer but still offer an entirely different texture and taste than everyday fried food, you should give this Air Fryer Boston Market Meatloaf recipe a try!
Air Fryer Boston Market Meatloaf--Whip up the famous Boston Market Meatloaf recipe topped with a hickory ketchup glaze that is out of this world. Grab that air fryer and create a copycat Boston Market meatloaf that you can pair with your favorite sides! Duo meat, breadcrumbs, a mix of seasonings, topped with the most delicious topping and air fried to perfection.
Air Fryer Boston Market Meatloaf
If you do not own an air fryer, you are more than welcome to make this meatloaf in the oven. I love the air fryer as it doesn’t heat the home, is easy, and cooks up the meatloaf nicely. Whip this up for dinner for your family or to feed a crowd.
How To Make Air Fryer Boston Market Meatloaf
The real secret to the Copycat Boston Market Meatloaf is the Ingredients are the Hickory Ketchup and ground pork and ground beef blend. This makes for a moist meatloaf. Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Boston Market Copycat Meatloaf:
- Tomato Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- White Vinegar
- Ground Beef
- Ground Pork
- Seasonings: Dry Onion, Onion Powder, Salt, Garlic Powder, and Black Pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Boston Market Copycat Meatloaf
Start by making the hickory ketchup. Mix the tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, white vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat, constantly stirring, so it does not burn. As soon as it’s heated, remove it from heat.
Mix the ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg, dry onion, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Add 3/4 cup of the Hickory Ketchup into the mixture, and mix well, making sure that the ketchup is evenly distributed in your meatloaf.
Press your meatloaf into a loaf pan, and then spread the Hickory Sauce on top.
Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 40-45 minutes. If the top starts to brown before the bottom is cooked, add a foil piece on top until it’s done.
What kind of meat is in Boston Market Meatloaf?
You will find that Boston Market uses ground beef and ground pork seasoned with spices. The mix of the two types of meat allows the dish to stand out in flavor.
Also, the sausage (ground pork) paired with the beef helps to give the meatloaf a nice juicy texture. You will never run into a dry meatloaf with this recipe! Sausage has some fat in it, so it helps to give the meatloaf a super moist texture. If you have ever tried dried-out meatloaf, you know nothing is appealing.
What is the secret to moist meatloaf?
High-fat meat is a must for making a good meatloaf. That is why the sausage is a must for this recipe. If you reach for just ground beef, reach for ground beef with some fat, like an 85/15 style. Too lean of meat will make it to where it dries out fast. As the fat cooks, it releases juices and flavoring into the meatloaf.
- You can use just ground beef if you would like, but you will find the flavor changes a bit.
- Make sure not to overmix the meat mixture. Otherwise, it will give you a dense texture once baked up.
- The hickory ketchup topping helps make this meatloaf stand out. I would recommend making it and not skipping it.
- Make sure to preheat the air fryer.
- Use a meat thermometer and ensure the internal temperature to 160 degrees.
What to do if the meatloaf’s top looks overcooked in the air fryer?
Pull it from the air fryer if you are cooking your meatloaf and find that the top looks too brown. Then create a tent with aluminum foil to place over it to help the meatloaf not become too brown on top while still getting the meat cooked all the way through.
If you are a fan of meatloaf and looking for a simple but crave-worthy dish, this recipe is a must-make!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ¼ ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dry onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Start by making the hickory ketchup. In a small saucepan, mix the tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, white vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Simmer over low heat, constantly stirring, so it does not burn. As soon as it's heated, remove it from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg, dry onion, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Add 3/4 cup of the Hickory Ketchup into the mixture, mix well, making sure that the ketchup is evenly distributed in your meatloaf.
- Press your meatloaf into a loaf pan, and then spread the Hickory Sauce on top.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 40-45 minutes. If the top starts to brown before the bottom is cooked, add a foil piece on top until it's done.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 764mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.