Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs are amazing! Packed with flavor, these corn ribs are air fried to perfection and then served with typical Street Corn toppings!
If you have not seen the latest Tik-Tok Craze, this is it, everyone has been talking about it, and truthfully, with summer and BBQs coming up, this is a great time to talk about it!
In under 10 minutes, you can have a great, easy, and delicious side dish packed with flavor and the taste of slow-roasted corn.
If you are like me and never heard of corn cobs, I am here to tell you they are AMAZING. My kids could not get enough of them, and they loved them!
Eltoe Corn Ribs
I will be the first one to tell you before the Tik Tok explosion of Corn Ribs, I have never heard of them.
For the most part, Corn’s ribs are whole corn on the cob that has been cut in half and then cut in half again. They are usually deep-fried, but today we air-fried a batch.
You can get 4 slices of corn ribs from each corn on the cob.
I would have thought cutting corn in half would be a huge problem, but it cut in half quite nicely without a fight. So, grab your cutting board and knife and start cutting your corn.
Why are they Called Corn Ribs?
This was a funny conversation everyone was having on social media. They are called corn ribs because they resemble a rack of ribs once they are cooked.
While I would think my kids would know the difference between corn ribs or pork ribs, I am sure that most of the seasonings you put on ribs could be added to the corn ribs.
How to Cut Corn Ribs
The best advice I can give you would be to grab a large knife and a cutting board. Place your corn on the cob on the cutting board, and remove the ends of the corn. Dispose of them.
Then take your sharp knife, and while being careful, cut the corn on the cob in half.
Then lay your corn flat on the cutting board, and cut the half into half.
Each ear of corn will give you four pieces.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs
Get ready to savor the irresistible flavors of Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs with just a handful of essential ingredients. This Mexican street food favorite has been transformed into a finger-licking delight you can easily make in your air fryer. With its charred and caramelized corn kernels coated in a symphony of spices, tangy lime juice, and creamy toppings,
Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs perfectly combine smoky, sweet, and savory goodness. So, grab your air fryer, gather these simple ingredients, and prepare to embark on a culinary journey celebrating the vibrant flavors of elotes corn ribs. Let’s dive in and discover the key ingredients needed to create this delectable treat!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Corn on the Cob: Choose fresh ears of corn with bright green husks and plump kernels. The corn on the cob will be the star ingredient, providing the sweet and juicy base for the corn ribs.
- Olive Oil: A drizzle of olive oil helps to coat the corn evenly and promotes browning and caramelization during the air frying process.
- Spices: The spice blend adds a flavorful kick to the corn ribs. Here are some common spices used:
- Chili Powder: Provides a smoky and mild spicy flavor.
- Paprika: Adds a subtly sweet and smoky taste.
- Cumin: Enhances the earthy and slightly nutty flavor profile.
- Garlic Powder: Brings a hint of savory depth to the seasoning.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: Season the corn ribs to taste.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice adds a tangy and refreshing element to balance the flavors. It complements the smoky and savory spices while adding a touch of brightness.
- Cotija Cheese: This crumbly Mexican cheese is traditional in elotes. It has a slightly salty and tangy taste, adding a creamy and savory element to the corn ribs.
- Mayonnaise: Creamy and rich, mayonnaise is a classic ingredient in elotes. It helps bind the toppings to the corn and adds a luscious texture.
- Fresh Cilantro: Chopped fresh cilantro adds a vibrant and herbaceous note to the corn ribs. It brings freshness and complements the overall flavor profile.
- Optional Toppings: You can personalize your corn ribs with additional toppings, such as:
- Tajin or Chili Powder: Sprinkle some Tajin or chili powder for an extra kick of spice and tanginess.
- Hot Sauce: Drizzle some hot sauce to add heat and more depth of flavor.
- Lime Wedges: Serve with lime wedges on the side for squeezing additional lime juice.
Now that you have the detailed ingredient list, it’s time to gather these elements and prepare for a mouthwatering experience with Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs. Enjoy the smoky, sweet, and savory flavors of this beloved Mexican street food treat right in the comfort of your home!
How To Make Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs
Get ready to elevate your corn game with a mouthwatering twist on a classic Mexican street food favorite – Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs. With the help of your trusty air fryer, you can achieve irresistibly charred and caramelized corn ribs that are bursting with bold flavors.
This step-by-step guide will transform corn on the cob into deliciously seasoned and perfectly cooked elotes corn ribs. From the spice-infused coating to the creamy toppings, get ready to tantalize your taste buds with a delightful combination of smoky, sweet, and savory goodness. So, fire up your air fryer, grab your corn on the cob, and dive into the world of Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs. It’s time to indulge in a truly delectable culinary experience!
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting. Preheat for 3-5 minutes, or use the preheat setting.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt and whisk until blended; set aside.
Take each ear of corn, stand up vertically, and carefully cut it in half straight down with a large, sharp knife. Do this again until each ear of corn is in quarters, lengthwise.
Use a pastry brush to coat corn liberally with oil on all sides.
Place pieces of corn in an air fryer basket and cook for five to seven minutes.
Meanwhile, combine mayo, chipotle peppers, and lime juice; set aside.
Once the corn has finished cooking, drizzle with a mayonnaise mixture.
Top with cotija and cilantro.
Pro Tips For Elote Corn Ribs In Air Fryer
- Try to cut the corn on the cob into equal size pieces. This way, all of the corn ribs cook up simultaneously.
- Allow space around the corn ribs so they air fry up correctly. If they are touching each other, they will not crisp up.
- Suppose you want even crispier corn ribs, just air fry for a few more minutes. I usually add butter, which really allows them to crisp up.
- Since each air fryer is slightly different, watch your corn ribs the first time you make them turn out perfectly.
FAQ Elote Corn Ribs Air Fryer
Can I use frozen corn instead of fresh corn on the cob?
Using fresh corn on the cob is recommended for the best results. Frozen corn may have a different texture and moisture content, affecting the cooking process and overall taste.
How long should I air fry the corn ribs?
The cooking time may vary depending on your specific air fryer model and the size of the corn ribs. As a general guideline, air fry the corn ribs at 400°F (200°C) for approximately 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through to ensure even browning and cooking.
Can I make the corn ribs ahead of time?
While enjoying the fresh corn ribs for optimal flavor and texture is best, you can prepare the seasoning mixture and toppings in advance. However, it’s recommended to air fry the corn just before serving to maintain their crispiness.
How do I store leftover corn ribs?
If you have any leftover corn ribs, let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be enjoyed within 2-3 days, but the texture may soften slightly upon refrigeration.
Can I reheat the corn ribs?
You can reheat the corn ribs in the air fryer for a few minutes at 350°F (175°C) to restore their crispiness. Alternatively, you can heat them in a conventional oven or toaster oven at a similar temperature until warm.
Can I adjust the spices and toppings?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize the spice blend and adjust the amount of seasoning according to your taste preferences. Additionally, you can experiment with different toppings like grated cheese, hot sauce, or chopped green onions to add your twist to the corn ribs.
Can I use the same technique for other types of corn, like baby corn or canned corn?
The recipe is specifically designed for fresh corn on the cob. While you can experiment with other types of corn, cooking times and textures may vary, so adjustments may be needed.
How To Make Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs In The Oven
If you want to cook them in the oven instead, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
For juicy baked corn ribs, baste them with butter frequently during cooking.
How To Store Air Fryer Corn Ribs
If you have any leftovers, place them cool to room temperature and then wrap them up in foil. Place the corn ribs into the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
To reheat in the air fryer, toss the corn ribs still wrapped in the air fryer basket; air fry for 3 to 7 minutes until heated through.
Other Ways To Season Air Fryer Corn Ribs
Looking for some ways to wow your guests at your next get-together or BBQ? You can really use anything you want to season these.
My kids preferred them plain with some melted butter and salt, but you can use any compound butter you want for GREAT flavor.
What To Serve Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs With?
You can serve these as either an appetizer or part of a huge BBQ feast; some of my favorite air fryer recipes to pair these with,
- AIR FRYER MUSHROOM & SWISS BURGERS
- NINJA FOODI GRILL STEAK
- HOW TO MAKE MEATLOAF IN YOUR AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER-HERBED LAMB CHOPS
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Elotes Corn Ribs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh lemon juice is best
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 Ears Corn, husk removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers, in ancho sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt and whisk until blended; set aside.
- Take each ear of corn, stand up vertically, and carefully cut in half straight down with a large, sharp knife. Do this again until each ear of corn is in quarters, lengthwise. Use a pastry brush to coat corn liberally with oil mixture on all sides.
- Place pieces of corn in an air fryer basket and set cook ime for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayo, chipotle peppers, and lime juice; set aside. Once the corn has finished cooking, drizzle with a mayonnaise mixture. Top with cotija and cilantro.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional