Air Fryer Frozen Corn on The Cob — Corn on the cob is a summer classic, but preparing it can be a pain. You can quickly cook frozen corn on the cob with an air fryer in minutes! The best part is that your corn will always come out crispy and delicious. So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish, try cooking your corn in the air fryer. You won’t regret it.
Air Fryer Frozen Corn on The Cob, there is nothing better! If you have some frozen corn in your freezer, this is the perfect way to cook it up!
I usually keep a supply of frozen corn on the cob in my freezer. It makes for a great and easy side dish, and since both of my kids love it, it is so good!
I love cooking in the air fryer, there is nothing better than slow-roasted vegetables, and this one is no different.
Whether you serve it with a slab of butter or transfer it into Mexican Corn on the cob, it’s all prepared the same way!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes, my favorites are CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN, AIR FRYER SEAFOOD BOIL, AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRENCH FRIES, and AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS SWEET POTATOES.
Can You Make Frozen Corn On The Cob In Air Fryer?
Yes, if you are looking for an easy way to cook frozen corn on the cob, look no further than the air fryer! Air-frying frozen corn is a quick and easy way to enjoy this summer favorite. Plus, it’s a healthier option than traditional frying methods. So why not give it a try? Here are some tips on how to make frozen corn on the cob in the air fryer.
So, if it’s in the middle of the winter, and you can not fresh corn, use frozen corn for a great side dish! Nothing is better than cooking corn for a perfect side dish by air frying in just minutes.
Why Make Frozen Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer?
The honest answer you need to hear is that it’s easy, simple, and delicious!
Nothing is better and easier than throwing frozen corn on the cob and roasting it. Without anything, you can make this recipe perfectly in a fraction of the time.
There is no water, no mess, just your air fryer and frozen corn on the cob. This recipe will work in any air fryer, whether you have the Ninja Foodi, the Instant Pot Votex, GoWise, or Nuwave! The hot air circulation around the frozen corn makes for a delicious air fryer recipe, with only a few simple steps.
Can You Air Fry Corn On The Cob?
I have been making this for years. There is nothing better than slow-roasted corn. No water, no mess, and absolutely delicious!
If you love BBQ corn, this comes in a close second. This one is so easy, and in December, when there is snow near your grill, you can still get the same great taste.
This corn comes out crispy and delish!
Can You Grill Frozen Corn?
Oh yes! This is so good. If you do not have fresh corn, purchase some frozen corn, and throw it into the air fryer.
No water, no butter even needed, and you get great flavored corn.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Corn on The Cob
Looking for an easy way to make corn on the cob? Have you tried using an air fryer? You can have delicious and healthy corn on the cob in just a few minutes. All you need are a few simple ingredients! Keep reading for the recipe.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Corn: Depending on where you live, they will either sell frozen whole ears or half ears of corn. Some great brands to look for are Bird’s Eye, Green Giant, or your store brand.
- Olive Oil: This will keep your corn moist, as it air fries. Butter will drip down and burn, so I tend to use high-heat oil, which gives you the flavor, but does not cause your air fryer to smoke!
- Seasoning/Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, or garlic powder.
How To Air Fry Frozen Corn On The Cob
Place corn in the air fryer basket. Rub the vegetable, olive, or melted butter over the corn. Place the corn in a single layer; depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the ears of corn in batches.
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Corn On The Cob?
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F and set the cooking time to 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through during the cooking process
- Preheating: There is no need to preheat the air fryer. Frozen foods do much better and come out crispier if you do not preheat. So, for best results, start with a room-temperature air fryer.
- Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different, you must frequently check on your frozen corn while it cooks. If you want your corn crispier, cook it for a few extra minutes.
- Spices and Seasonings: There are many ways to season your corn, so use your favorite seasoning!
Best Time & Temperature for Frozen Corn
The timing will vary here depending on whether you are using whole corn on the cob or mini corn on the cob. Are some guidelines. Remember, since every air fryer is slightly different, the exact cooking time will vary, and it’s important to realize that these are guidelines; it’s a good idea to check on your corn while cooking!
- Full-Size Frozen Corn On The Cob: 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Mini Frozen Corn On The Cob: 8 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway.
Storing & Reheating
You can easily store air-fried ear of corn in an airtight container or Ziploc Bag. It will last for about 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
How To Reheat Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer:
Wondering how to reheat corn on the cob in the air fryer, place the corn into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 300 degrees F, heat until the corn is warmed through. For added flavor, brush with a pastry brush with melted butter and add a dash of salt.
Air-Fried Corn On The Cob In Foil
Yes, you can put foil-wrapped corn in the air fryer. The flavor will be more like steamed corn. So, if you want the roasted flavor of corn, you should not use aluminum foil. If you have corn wrapped in corn husks, remove the ends of the corn and remove the husks before you roast corn in the air fryer.
How To Season Corn Cobs
Seasoning corn cobs is a great way to flavor this delicious vegetable. Here are a few ways to season fresh sweet corn and frozen corn on the cob.
- Butter and salt: This classic combination is simple yet delicious. Spread some softened butter over the corn, then sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Chili lime seasoning: Spice your corn with chili lime seasoning. This can be purchased pre-made or made by combining chili powder, lime zest, and salt.
- Parmesan cheese: Grate some cheese over the corn for a savory, cheesy flavor. Another favorite chees is cotija cheese, which is Mexican, and makes an irresistible side dish.
- Garlic herb butter: Mix softened butter with minced garlic and chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme. Spread the butter over the corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Cajun seasoning: Add some heat to your corn by sprinkling it with Cajun seasoning. This seasoning blend typically includes a mix of spices like paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bacon and chives: Cook some bacon until crispy, then crumble it over the corn. Top with chopped fresh chives for a savory and flavorful combination.
- Honey and cinnamon: For a sweet twist, brush the corn with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. This is an excellent option for those who prefer a sweeter flavor profile.
- Sour Cream: Add some sour cream and lime juice, which brings sweetness to the perfect corn.
These are just a few ways to season corn cobs. Feel free to experiment with different flavor combinations to find your favorite!
Best Frozen Corn Brands
Many frozen corn brands are available in grocery stores, and the quality can vary greatly. Here are some different brands to consider:
- Green Giant: Green Giant is a famous brand that makes frozen corn that is sweet and tender. Their corn is picked at the peak of freshness and frozen quickly to preserve its flavor and texture.
- Cascadian Farm: Cascadian Farm is a brand specializing in organic frozen vegetables; their frozen corn is no exception. Their corn is non-GMO and contains no artificial colors or flavors.
- Trader Joe’s: Trader Joe’s makes various frozen corn products, including sweet corn, fire-roasted corn, and roasted corn. Their corn is flavorful and affordable.
- Birds Eye: Birds Eye is a well-known brand that makes frozen corn that is sweet and tender. Their corn is non-GMO and gluten-free.
- 365 Everyday Value: 365 Everyday Value is a brand sold at Whole Foods Market that makes frozen corn that is organic and non-GMO. Their corn is sweet, tender, and perfect for adding to soups, salads, or side dishes.
These are just a few of the best-frozen corn brands available. When choosing a brand, consider the ingredients, texture, and flavor to find the one that suits your taste preferences.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Frozen Corn on The Cob
- `4 frozen corn on the cob
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place the frozen corn in the air fryer. Rub the vegetable or olive oil over the corn, add some salt, if you wish.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes; after 5 minutes, flip it, and add another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy
- Air Fryer