Air Fryer Corn Muffins —Picture this, you are at a table, and you have a huge basket of cornbread muffins, are you in heaven or what?
If you haven’t made cornbread muffins, they are amazing in the air fryer, light, fluffy and tender.
They are the perfect side dish to various dishes, think chili, ribs, stews, even a simple chicken dinner. These are the perfect side to accompany your meal.
They are best served warm with a big old pat of butter right in the middle. With the air fryer, they only take about 20 minutes from start to finish, so you can literally make them every day.
If you do not need them in one sitting, reheat them in the microwave or air fryer, and you have a nice warm batch to go with the next day’s meal.
If you are looking for other Air Fryer Cornbread Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER PILLSBURY CORNBREAD SWIRLS, AIR FRYER CLASSIC CORNBREAD, AIR FRYER, CORN DOG BITES, and AIR FRYER, THE BEST PUMPKIN CORNBREAD.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Corn Muffins
- All-Purpose Flour
- Yellow Cornmeal
- Corn Kernels
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
How To Make Air Fryer Corn Muffins
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, yellow cornmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
Then mix in the buttermilk, eggs, corn kernels, and vegetable oil. Spray your air fryer muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
Fill the muffin tins about 2/3 way full. Then set the muffin tin in the air fryer basket or tray. Set the timer for 12 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Only fill them up about 2/3 way full.
- Be really careful about using paper liners because they can catch fire and burn.
- If you are using silicone muffin tins, just check about 1/2 way through the air frying cooking time to make sure they haven’t fallen over.
- You can use either frozen or canned corn kernels or omit them altogether. I find they give some texture.
- For the cornbread, you really do not want a creamy batter. A few lumps will be best, as you really do not want a dense cornbread.
How To Serve Air Fryer Corn Muffins
I love serving these fresh to my guests and family. There is nothing better than hot cornbread out of the “oven.”
Cornbread is traditionally served with either sweet butter or honey. Either option will work as well for these muffins.
How to Store
These really do store well, and you can make them ahead of time and place them into an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days at room temperature.
You can easily toss them back into the air fryer or use a microwave to reheat before serving.
Muffin Tins That Work In The Air Fryer
While we all have muffin tins in our kitchen, you will often find that they do not fit inside your air fryer basket.
One of my favorites is: (affiliate link included)
Other Air Fryer Cornbread Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin–
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, yellow cornmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- Then mix in the buttermilk, eggs, corn kernels, and vegetable oil.
- Spray your air fryer muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Fill the muffin tins about 2/3 way full. Then set the muffin tin in the air fryer basket or tray. Set the timer for 12 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!