Air Fryer Pumpkin Cornbread is one of the best fall side dishes! I made this last year for Thanksgiving, and it was a hit! There is nothing better to go with the fall dishes, chili, roasted chicken, and even a pork chop dinner!
Oh, so delicious!
This is the perfect cornbread. I first had pumpkin cornbread at a fancy restaurant in Philadelphia. I was so excited by it, and I had to come home and look up recipes.
Then I came up with this. Do you know how awesome this is going to be on Thanksgiving? It has all of the fall flavors in one dish.
I love a great cornbread made in the Air Fryer, so good, and it bakes up perfectly. And with about half the time of a traditional oven cooking method. The results will speak for themselves.
If you love everything cornbread, some of my favorites Air Fryer Cornbread Recipes are AIR FRYER PILLSBURY CORNBREAD SWIRLS, AIR FRYER CLASSIC CORNBREAD, AIR FRYER CORN DOG MUFFINS, and AIR FRYER CREAMED CORN CORNBREAD.
Because you use canned pumpkin, which is extra moist, this cornbread is very rich. It does not have the traditional texture of dry cornbread. It is completely the opposite.
The true fall flavors of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and pumpkin puree are amazing in this cornbread. It goes really well with both pork chops, turkey, and chicken dinners.
Top this with honey butter for an extra treat, and serve it alongside a large glass of cider. And you will have a tasty breakfast or dessert.
Ingredients Needed Air Fryer Pumpkin Cornbread
- All-Purpose Flour
- Yellow Cornmeal
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Sour Cream
- Pumpkin Puree
- Brown Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Pumpkin Cornbread
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, and ground nutmeg. Then add in the sour cream, pumpkin, brown sugar and melted butter, mix well.
Spray your air fryer pan (check to make sure your pan fits before you spray it) with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Set in your air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes check and see if the bottom is cooked, if not add another 3-4 minutes.
Let cool slightly before serving. I whipped some butter, while I was waiting, just leave the butter out for about 10 minutes, until you can place it into a cup, and mix, until whipped, serve with a dash of pumpkin spice.
How to Store Pumpkin Cornbread
This is a great cornbread that you can make ahead of time. Let it cool to room temperature, and then cover and keep it at room temperature for about 2 to 3 days.
For any longer, cover and place into the refrigerator. You can always reheat it in the microwave before serving.
Can I Substitute Pumpkin Pie Spices Instead?
If you are looking for a great way o increase the flavor, you can add 1 to 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
Or you can always add about 1/2 teaspoon if you would like to keep the same spice blend.
What To Serve Air Fryer Pumpkin Cornbread With?
This is a great and easy recipe that you can pair well with several different things. Some of my favorites besides butter would be honey or even a dollop of pumpkin pie filling.
What Pan To Cook Cornbread In the Air Fryer?
For best results, I would recommend that you use a thinner baking pan than you traditionally use. The pans below can be used if they fit into your Air Fryer Basket, Air Fryer Oven, or even Ninja Foodi!
Some of my favorite baking pans for the Air Fryer are: (affiliate links included)
More Air Fryer Cornbread Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BOXED CORNBREAD
- EASY AIR FRYER STUFFING RECIPE, HOMEMADE CORNBREAD STUFFING, OR DRESSING
- AIR FRYER-CORNBREAD PUDDING (CORN CASSEROLE)
- AIR FRYER, HOW TO MAKE JIFFY CORNBREAD IN THE AIR FRYER
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Pumpkin Cornbread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, and ground nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add in the sour cream, pumpkin, brown sugar, and melted butter, mix well.
- Spray your air fryer pan (check to make sure your pan fits before spray it) with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Set in your air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, check and see if the bottom is cooked. If not, add another 3-4 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving. I whipped some butter while I was waiting. Just leave the butter out for about 10 minutes until you can place it into a cup and mix until whipped, serve with a dash of pumpkin spice.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Baking Pan