Are you looking for an easy, healthy way to make a tasty side dish with minimal effort? Look no further than air fryer canned corn!
This versatile side dish is quick and simple to prepare yet provides all the flavor of traditional slow-cooked corn recipes. Best of all, it’s packed with nutrients and vitamins for a guilt-free snack or meal accompaniment. Try this recipe with just three ingredients and a few minutes of your time – you won’t be disappointed!
Why Cook Canned Corn in Air Fryer
Cooking canned corn in an air fryer can be a quick and easy way to enjoy delicious corn without needing a stovetop or oven.
The air fryer can help to cook the corn evenly and give it a crispy texture, similar to roasted or grilled corn.
Additionally, air-frying canned corn can help enhance its natural sweetness and flavors, making it a tasty and healthy side dish for any meal. Air-frying canned corn is also a convenient way to cook corn during the off-season when fresh corn is unavailable or in short supply.
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
You’ll love this recipe for air-fried canned corn for several compelling reasons. It’s a simple, convenient, and delicious way to prepare a common pantry staple, transforming it into a dish with enhanced flavor and texture. Here’s why this recipe is sure to be a hit:
- Quick and Easy: Using canned corn makes this recipe incredibly easy and quick to prepare. There’s no need for shucking, boiling, or grilling. The air fryer does most of the work, cooking the corn efficiently.
- Healthier Option: Air frying uses significantly less oil than traditional frying methods. This means you can enjoy a delicious side dish with reduced fat and calories.
- Enhanced Flavor and Texture: Air frying canned corn brings natural sweetness and creates a delightful crispy texture. It adds a new dimension to the corn, making it more appetizing and exciting than just warming it up.
- Versatility: This recipe can be easily modified to suit your taste preferences. You can season the corn with herbs and spices, from simple salt and pepper to more complex spice blends, or add a sprinkle of cheese for extra richness.
- Perfect Side Dish: Air-fried canned corn is versatile and pairs well with various main dishes, from grilled meats to vegetarian options. It can be a regular dinner table due to its universal appeal.
- Year-Round Availability: Since it uses canned corn, you can enjoy this dish any time, regardless of the season. This makes it a go-to recipe for a quick and tasty side dish.
- Great for Gatherings: It’s a crowd-pleaser, perfect for family dinners, barbecues, or potlucks. Its easy preparation makes it ideal for feeding a group without much hassle.
- Economical: Canned corn is budget-friendly, and using an air fryer is energy-efficient, making this recipe a cost-effective option for regular meals.
Overall, air-fried canned corn offers a delightful combination of convenience, taste, and healthiness. It’s a simple way to upgrade a basic ingredient into something special everyone can enjoy.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Canned Corn
Canned corn is an easy and convenient way to get your daily dose of vegetables, but it can become quite dull when cooked in a traditional oven or on the stovetop. With the help of an air fryer, however, you can take your canned corn to a whole new level!
Air-frying your canned corn helps to bring out its natural flavors while ensuring it is crispy and delicious every time.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Corn: Use any canned corn; whole kernels work best.
- Butter: Un unsalted butter, or skip the salt in the recipe.
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder
How To Make Canned Corn In Air Fryer
Canned corn might not be the most exciting side dish or snack, but if you thought this classic pantry staple was only good for a pot of chili or flat nachos, think again!
The air fryer is key to making canned corn into something truly special and surprisingly flavorful. It brings out the sweetness in the kernels, and air frying creates an unforgettable crunch that will have you scooping up seconds and any stray pieces that fall off your plate.
Step One: Prepare The Canned Corn
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes. Drain the liquid from the canned corn and pat it dry with a paper towel.
Step Two: Air Fry Canned Corn
Spread the corn in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Add a couple of pats of butter on top of the canned corn—season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Air fry the corn for 3-5 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally to ensure even cooking.
Step Three: Serving
Once the corn is crispy and golden brown, remove it from the air fryer and serve hot.
Cooking canned corn in an air fryer is a simple and easy way to enjoy delicious and crispy corn. Here are some pro tips to help you achieve the best results:
- Drain and dry the canned corn: Drain the liquid and pat it dry with a paper towel. This will help to remove excess moisture and prevent the corn from becoming soggy.
- Add seasoning: Season the corn with your favorite spices or herbs, such as garlic powder, paprika, or fresh cilantro. This will enhance the flavor of the corn and give it a delicious kick.
- Spread the corn in a single layer: Spread the corn in a single layer in the air fryer basket to ensure that it cooks evenly and becomes crispy.
- Shake the basket: Shake the air fryer basket a few times during cooking to ensure the corn is evenly cooked and crispy on all sides.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before cooking to ensure even cooking and a crispy exterior.
- Check the corn frequently: Check the corn frequently during cooking to avoid overcooking or burning. Adjust the cooking time as needed.
- Serve with your favorite toppings: Serve the air fryer canned corn with your favorite toppings, such as grated Parmesan cheese, chopped cilantro, or a squeeze of lime juice.
Can I cook canned corn in an air fryer?
Yes, canned corn can be cooked in an air fryer. It’s a great way to add some extra crunch and flavor to this pantry staple.
How do I prepare the canned corn for cooking?
Before cooking, drain the liquid from the can of corn and rinse the corn under cold water to remove excess salt and starch.
How long does it take to cook canned corn in an air fryer?
A: Cooking time may vary depending on the temperature of your air fryer and the amount of corn being cooked. Generally, it takes around 8-10 minutes at 400°F (200°C) to cook canned corn in an air fryer.
Do I need to add oil to canned corn before air frying?
It’s unnecessary to add oil to canned corn before air frying, but a light oil coating can help make the corn crispy. You can use cooking spray or brush a small amount of oil on the corn before air frying.
Can I air fry multiple cans of corn at the same time?
Yes, you can air fry multiple cans of corn at the same time as long as they are spread in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Just make sure to shake the basket occasionally during cooking to ensure even cooking.
How do I reheat leftover canned corn in an air fryer?
To reheat leftover canned corn in an air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 350°F (180°C) and cook the corn for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS BANANA BREAD MUG RECIPE
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS RED POTATO RECIPE
- EASY AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS ASPARAGUS
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS SWEET POTATOES
WEIGHT WATCHER AIR FRYER ONION RINGS
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Canned Corn
- 30 ounces corn, canned
- 1 teaspoon butter, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon seasonings, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes. Drain the liquid from the canned corn and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Spread the corn in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Add a couple of pats of butter on top of the canned corn—season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Air fry the corn for 3-5 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Once the corn is crispy and golden brown, remove it from the air fryer and serve hot.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional