Air Fryer Baby Corn — Corn is a delicious, versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed in many different ways. Did you know you can also cook corn in an air fryer? It’s true! Air frying baby corn is a quick and easy way to enjoy this tasty vegetable. Plus, it’s a healthier option than cooking corn in oil. Keep reading to learn how to make air fryer baby corn.
Air fryers are amazing tools for cooks of all levels of experience. They make it possible to cook food with a minimal amount of oil, resulting in healthier dishes that still taste great. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make air fryer baby corn. This dish is perfect as a side dish or appetizer, and it’s easy to prepare using just a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Give air fryer baby corn a try today!
What Is Baby Corn?
As you stroll the produce aisle of your favorite grocery store, you may notice a peculiar vegetable with small, immature ears. This is baby corn, and it’s a popular ingredient in stir-fries and other Asian dishes. Keep reading to learn more about this unique vegetable.
Baby corn is a vegetable that is very small in size and has a sweet, corn-like taste. It can be found canned or frozen in most supermarkets. Baby corn is a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, and vitamin C. It can be cooked in many different ways, making it a versatile ingredient for meals.
Why Air Fry Baby Corn
Who doesn’t love baby corn? It’s the perfect size for snacking and it goes great with dip. But have you ever cooked baby corn in your air fryer? If not, you’re missing out! Air frying baby corn gives it a delicious, crispy coating that will make your taste buds happy. So why not give it a try? Your air fryer and some baby corn are all you need!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Baby Corn
Looking for a delicious and healthy side dish that your whole family will love? Then check out this recipe for air fryer baby corn! It’s perfect for any occasion and is so easy to make. Plus, it only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
- Baby Corn: You can use fresh or canned baby corn, I purchased mine at Trader Joe’s, but you can find them at any local grocery store.
- Oil: You can either use olive oil, grapeseed oil, or avocado oil.
- Lime Juice: Add some citrus to this dish.
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.
How To Cook Baby Corn In The Air Fryer
In a large bowl, add your baby corn, oil, lime juice, and seasoning, and mix well, to coat the baby corn.
Place the coated baby corn into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
Chili Paste: It’s very common to serve baby corn with a side of chili paste, you can also rub some chili paste over the baby corn, before roasting it.
Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the air fryer basket, leave plenty of room around the baby corn, so it crisps up nicely. The hot air really needs to circulate around the corn, for it to get crispy.
Timing: Since all air fryers are slightly different, the cooking time may vary by a couple of minutes. Remember to check on your baby corn while it cooks up, so you get a great batch of roasted baby corn.
Flipping: Flip your corn several times during the cooking process, so that all sides get perfectly roasted. Use either a large fork or a pair of tongs to flip the baby corn.
Adding Other Vegetables: This is a great recipe, where you can add other vegetables, some great suggestions are red bell peppers, scallions, carrots, or even broccoli.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you make this ahead?
You can make this recipe a day ahead of time and either warm it before serving or enjoy the dish at room temperature.
The corn in this roasted baby recipe is so sweet and tender, it’s a great side dish for any meal! You can’t go wrong with the tasty flavors of these young ears.
Serve as a side dish, to any meal, I love serving this with a great piece of steak, or even over a plate of pasta.
Where to buy fresh baby corn?
If you’re looking to add some fresh baby corn to your next dish, you may be wondering where to find it. Luckily, there are a number of grocery stores and markets that carry this tasty vegetable. Keep reading for a list of some of the best places to buy fresh baby corn near you.
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods
- Canned Baby Corn: You can find canned baby corn in the vegetable section at most American grocery stores.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes:
Do you love your air fryer? If so, you’re going to love these recipes for air-fried vegetables. From Brussels sprouts to cauliflower, we’ve got a variety of tasty options for you to enjoy. So break out your air fryer and start cooking!
- AIR FRYER TOMATO AND BUFFALO MOZZARELLA BRUSCHETTA: Are you looking for a delicious and easy appetizer to make for your next party? This air fryer tomato and buffalo mozzarella bruschetta is the perfect dish! It is simple to make and tastes amazing. You will love the combination of flavors. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
- AIR FRYER FROZEN CARROTS If you’re like me, you’re always looking for new ways to cook vegetables so that they are interesting and tasty. I stumbled across a great way to cook frozen carrots in my air fryer, and I wanted to share it with all of you! If you have an air fryer, give this recipe a try – I think you’ll love it!
- AIR FRYER CANNELLINI BEANS: If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy side dish, look no further than air fryer cannellini beans. These beans are cooked to perfection in your air fryer, and they’re perfect for any occasion. So why not give them a try today? You won’t be disappointed!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Baby Corn
- 3 cups baby corn
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, add your baby corn, oil, lime juice, and seasoning, and mix well, to coat the baby corn.
- Place the coated baby corn into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
- Air Fryer