Air Fryer Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta If you’re a fan of the dish, then this recipe is for you. Bruschetta is a staple of Italian cuisine and typically consists of toasted bread with olive oil, garlic, tomato sauce, and basil. This recipe substitutes traditional basil for buffalo mozzarella cheese which adds a creamier taste without adding extra fat or calories! The result? A delicious bruschetta that will have your mouth watering in no time.
Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta is a recipe that will take your tastebuds to Italy in minutes! The addition of fresh basil can take this dish from great to spectacular. Enjoy!!
This is so good! With the holidays coming up, I wanted to give you a great Air Fryer Italian Appetizer that you can serve, whether at Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even New Year’s Eve!
There is nothing better than a quick appetizer; this is a great way to start your Air Fryer Adventures!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER CHILE RELLENO, AIR FRYER FROZEN MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS, AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES, and AIR FRYER PITA CHIPS.
What Is Bruschetta?
What is Bruschetta? It’s a delicious Italian dish that you can easily make at home. The word bruschetta means “toasted bread” in Italian, and it originated as a way of using up stale or leftover loaves of bread. All you need to do is toast the slices of bread and rub them with garlic before topping them with olive oil, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and fresh basil leaves. This recipe only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, so try!
Bruschetta originated in Italy but has become popular worldwide as people are starting to discover its deliciousness!
Let’s make some bruschetta! We’re going to cook up our favorite recipe, A tasty treat just for us.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta
- Beefsteak Tomato
- Buffalo Mozzarella
- Fresh Garlic
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- French or Italian Bread
How To Make Air Fryer Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta
Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into small dice and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
Then finely chop the basil leaves and garlic and add to the bowl. Drizzle about 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
While the Bruschetta Mix is marinating, slice your bread into 1/4-inch slices. Set the bread into the air fryer basket, drizzle with olive oil, and set the temperature to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 3 to 5 minutes.
Spoon a few tablespoons of the Brushetat mixture on top of the toasted bread.
Pro Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta:
- Use a great fresh tomato. For best results, you may want to remove the seeds out so you don’t get soft tomatoes. You are really looking for a firm tomato texture in this recipe.
- You can change out cherry tomatoes for the beefsteak tomato. Just cup them in half.
- Heirloom Tomatoes look amazing on this dish, so if you can find some at the market, they make for an excellent and beautiful Air Fryer Appetizer.
- Serve with slivers of fresh basil; they really add a lot of flavor to the dish.
WHAT KIND OF BREAD TO BUY
Bruschetta is a delicious appetizer that many people love to eat. There are, however, different types of bread that can be used for the dish.
Some of my favorites are Italian, French Bread, Sour Dough, and even Rustic Bread. They all have a great crust that crisps up amazingly in the air fryer! Italians have loved this recipe for years because it was used for using up stale bread!
HOW TO CUT THE BREAD FOR BRUSCHETTA
To get the best Air Fryer Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta, slice your bread thick enough to hold the toppings!
For the best Bruschetta, cut it about 1/2 inch thick. And don’t worry, the oil you have put on the bread will help it stay in place while it’s cooking up!
This post will detail the many variations of bruschetta that you can make. Bruschetta is a type of bread that is typically topped with olive oil, garlic, and herbs. You can top it with whatever you want and enjoy!
Some of my favorites bruschetta toppings are:
- Chicken Salad
- Steak and Blue Cheese
- Cilantro and Tomato Bruschetta
- Almond Bacon Cheese Crostini
- Bruschetta Melts
- Flank Steak Crostini
WHAT AIR FRYER I USE FOR THIS RECIPE
The air fryer I used for this recipe was the Air Fryer by Instant Pot. It is called the Instant Pot Vortex and is one of my go-to air fryers. I usually use it at least 2x a day.
It has a digital timer and temperature control knob with an LED screen, and it’s easy to use and easy to clean.
But this recipe will work with both basket and oven models of any air fryer. It will also work with the Instant Pot Crisp Lid, Mealthy Lid, and Ninja Foodi.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE AN AIR FRYER?
This recipe has been made for centuries, before the invention of Air Fryers, so you can almost use a toaster or oven to make the bread (toast).
Place the bread on a baking sheet, set the baking sheet into a preheated to 350 degrees F oven, and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
MORE AIR FRYER APPETIZER RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER FROZEN MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS
- AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES
- EASY AIR FRYER PITA CHIPS
- AIR FRYER PLANTAIN CHIPS
- AIR FRYER TURKEY CROQUETTES
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fryer Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- 1 log Buffalo mozzarella
- 8-10 basil leaves
- 2-4 cloves garlic, (depending on how much you love garlic)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, optional
- 1 loaf bread, Italian, French, or rustic bread, sliced
- Start by cutting tomatoes and mozzarella into small dice and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Then finely chop the basil leaves and garlic and add to the bowl.
- Drizzle about 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add a squeeze of lemon juice to add some extra taste.
- While the Bruschetta Mix is marinating, slice your bread into 1/4 inch slices. Set the bread into the air fryer basket, drizzle with olive oil, and set the temperature to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the Brushetat mixture on top of the toasted bread.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper