If you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make seafood meal that won’t break the bank, look no further than these crunchy and flavorful Air Fryer Crab Cake Sandwiches.
Air Fryer Crab Cake Sandwiches are so good! If you have been looking for the perfect Air Fryer Sandwich recipe, this is one of my favorites!
Nothing is better than a Crab Cake Sandwiches, made with a toasted bun and served with a side of Air Fryer French Fries. This is one of the best summer sandwiches you can have.
This recipe started because I had some leftover crabmeat for making my kids my mother’s Air Fryer Crab Dip recipe, which is so good! It is actually my Grandmother’s Recipe if you have not tried it. Yesterday I tried it in the Air Fryer, and it was oh-so-good! So be sure to check it out.
Once you get a great Air Fryer Sandwich, you cannot resist them; they are so good! There is nothing like perfectly toasting up a sandwich in the Air Fryer! Oh, so good!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Crab Cake Sandwiches
Treat yourself to an indulgent seafood feast with a twist when you make air fryer crab cake sandwiches! With the flavorful combination of succulent, fresh-caught crab meat paired with crunchy panko bread crumbs and savory herbs, these homemade sandwiches are sure to be a hit. Plus, cooking them in an air fryer gives the exterior a perfectly crisp texture without the need for high amounts of added oil or butter typically found in traditional recipes. Read on to learn more about all the necessary ingredients for this delicious recipe!
- Crab Meat: Use lump crab meat or jumbo crab
- Bread Crumbs: Use panko breadcrumbs for a Keto and low-carb-friendly option.
- Seasonings and Spices: Dried Parsley, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, and Dry Mustard
- Egg: Use eggs to bind the crab cakes together.
- Mayonnaise: Use low-fat or regular mayo; you can also use Greek Yogurt.
- Brioche Roll or Hamburger Roll
How To Make Crab Cake Sandwiches In Air Fryer
Who doesn’t love a good crab cake sandwich? Delicious, flavorful, and easy to make, they are the perfect addition to any lunch or dinner menu.
But if you’re looking for an even healthier way to enjoy them, why not try air frying? An air fryer uses less oil than traditional methods of cooking, so you’ll end up with crunchy and delicious crab cakes that are moist on the inside. Plus, this method allows for faster prep time since it only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish! Follow these simple steps and get ready to enjoy your tasty crab cake sandwiches in no time!
Step One: Prepare The Crab Cake Mixture
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, egg, mayonnaise, and dry mustard. Mix well to combine everything. If you need a tablespoon or two more bread crumbs, add them in, you want to form patties with this mixture.
Step Two: Air Fry Your Crab Cakes
Spray your air fryer basket or your air fryer tray. Place your crab cakes on the baking sheet or in the basket. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes; after 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 5 minutes.
Step Three: Serving
Remove from the air fryer tray or air fryer basket. Add to your Brioche or Hamburger Roll, and garnish as desired. Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Crab Cake Sandwich
Here are some pro tips for making the best air-fried crab cake sandwich:
- Use high-quality crab meat: The key to a delicious crab cake is using high-quality crab meat. Look for fresh, lump crab meat that is free of any shells or cartilage.
- Keep the ingredients cold: To prevent the crab cake mixture from falling apart, it’s important to keep the ingredients as cold as possible. Chill the crab meat and other ingredients in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before making the crab cakes.
- Don’t overmix the ingredients: Be gentle when mixing the ingredients together. Overmixing can result in a tough crab cake. Mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- Use Panko breadcrumbs: Panko breadcrumbs are light and airy, which helps the crab cakes stay crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Cover the crab cakes evenly in the breadcrumbs before air frying.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer before cooking the crab cakes. This helps ensure that they cook evenly and come out crispy.
- Use cooking spray: Use cooking spray to coat the crab cakes before air frying lightly. This helps them crisp up and prevents them from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Flip the crab cakes halfway through cooking: Flip them halfway through cooking to ensure that they cook evenly on both sides.
- Toast the buns: Toasting them adds a nice crunch and helps prevent them from getting soggy. Before assembling the sandwich, you can toast them in the air fryer for a minute or two.
By following these pro tips, you can make a delicious and crispy air-fried crab cake sandwich that will impress your friends and family.
Best Toppings For Crab Cake Sandwiches
This is a great sandwich you need nothing for, but I love serving this as part of a sandwich bar to my family.
Some great toppings to add:
- Sliced Red Onions
- Lettuce Leaves
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Melted Cheese
- Dill Pickles
Sauces To Serve With
Although this Air Fryer Crab Cake Sandwich has tons of flavor, you really do not need a sauce. Some of my favorites crab cake sauces are:
How To Store Crab Cakes
This is a great recipe if you want to make them ahead of time. Let them cool to room temperature, then place them in an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days.
You can reheat it in the microwave, Air Fryer, or Skillet before serving.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Crab Cakes
This is a great recipe that you can easily freeze and then keep in the freezer to use later.
Prepare the recipe as directed below, cool to room temperature, and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then place them into the freezer until they are frozen solid. Then remove them from the baking sheet, and place them into a freezer bag or freezer-safe container.
You can cook Frozen Crab Cakes in the Freezer, thaw them, and then cook them.
What Temperature Should Crab Cakes Be Cooked To
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make the crab cakes ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the crab cakes ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to air fry them. Just make sure to keep them covered to prevent them from drying out.
Can I use canned crab meat?
Yes, you can use canned crab meat for this recipe, but fresh lump crab meat will yield the best results.
How do I prevent the crab cakes from falling apart?
To prevent the crab cakes from falling apart, be gentle when mixing the ingredients, and ensure the crab meat and other ingredients are cold before mixing. Also, make sure to coat the crab cakes evenly in the breadcrumbs and don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
Can I use a different type of bread for the sandwich?
Yes, you can use any bread for your favorite sandwich. Brioche buns, ciabatta rolls, or even sliced bread can work well.
Can I freeze the crab cakes?
Yes, you can freeze the uncooked crab cakes for later use. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, let them thaw in the fridge overnight before air frying.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER COCONUT SHRIMP
- AIR FRYER SHRIMP PO’BOY
- EASY AIR FRYER SHRIMP TACOS
- AIR FRYER GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP
- LEMON DILL AIR FRYER SALMON
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fryer Crab Cake Sandwiches
- 1 pound crab meat, shredded
- 4 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, start by combining the crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, egg, mayonnaise, and dry mustard.
- Mix well to combine everything; if you need a tablespoon or 2 more bread crumbs, add them in. You want to be able to form patties with this mixture.
- Spray your air fryer basket or your air fryer tray.
- Place your crab cakes on the baking sheet or in the basket.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer oven/basket.
- I added a slider roll, a sliced tomato, some lettuce, and store-bought Remoulade sauce, for a great crab cake slider.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional