There is nothing better for a quick and delicious lunch than Air Fryer Hot Dog Taquitos. They are so good and soon to be one of your family’s favorites!
These are one of the best recipes for Air Fryer Hot Dogs, and they are ready in no time. It is one of my kid’s favorite recipes, and they often make them for their friends when they are visiting.
First thing, if you have not made a hot dog in the air fryer, go to the store and grab a package. They are truly amazing and taste like the ones you get at the ballparks.
Today, I wrapped them in a tortilla, smothered some cheddar cheese, and air-fried to perfection; they are so good!
If you are looking for even more AIr Fryer Sandwich Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FILET-O-FISH, AIR FRYER HARDEE’S BIG HOT HAM ‘N’ CHEESE, AIR FRYER ST. PATRICK’S DAY RAINBOW GRILLED CHEESE, and AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE PIZZA SANDWICHES.
So, Why Air Fry Your Hot Dogs?
The simple reason is they taste amazing in the air fryer. I always make a batch for my kids during the winter in the air fryer rather than trek to the grill.
The second reason is it is so easy, and they come out perfectly in the air fryer. They are truly amazing.
They taste amazing they are nice and seared on the outside but really juicy and flavorful on the inside.
There is virtually no cleanup. You literally either have to wash your basket or wash your tray, it’s that easy, and if you are like me, a busy mom, that is very important.
And the best part of cooking them in the air fryer vs. grill is if you want one, you cook for one!
How To Cook Hot Dogs in The Air Fryer?
There are only a few steps to get the perfect air fryer hot dog. Add your hot dogs to the air fryer basket or air fryer tray and set the temperature.
Some Important Notes:
Since air fryers work by circulating the air, it’s important not to overcrowd your basket or tray. You need to leave enough space around the hot dogs for the air to flow.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Hot Dog Taquitos
- Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Hot Dogs
- Toppings: Sour Cream, Greek Yogurt, Salsa, Guacamole, etc.
How To Make Air Fryer Hot Dog Taquitos
Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer sitting.
Place your tortillas into the microwave and microwave for about 30 seconds, or until you can wrap them around the hot dogs.
Sprinkle the cheese on top of the tortilla, and then add your hot dog. Wrap around and place seam side down into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are cooked through. If you want, add some more cheese on top and air fry until the cheese is melted.
Some Pro Tips:
- You can use either corn or flour tortillas. The key to wrapping them up is to heat the tortillas until they can be easily be rolled.
- You can use any cheese you want, I used shredded cheddar cheese, but you can use Mexican Cheese, Colby, or any of your favorite cheeses.
- This recipe will work in all air fryer models, including Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and Instant Pot Crisp Lid.
- For best results, do not crowd the basket. Otherwise, the tortilla will not crisp up.
- If you want, brush olive oil on top of the tortillas to help them crisp up.
Some Great Air Fryer Hot Dog Taquitos Toppings:
This is a great way to serve all of your favorite Mexican Toppings including:
- Sour Cream
- Diced Tomatoes
- Jalapeno Peppers
Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Lunch Ideas:
- AIR FRYER PATTY MELT
- AIR FRYER TURKEY CLUB SANDWICH
- EASY AIR FRYER HARDEE’S BIG HOT HAM ‘N’ CHEESE
- AIR FRYER TUNA MELT GRILLED CHEESE
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT TACO BELL QUESADILLA
- EASY AIR FRYER BLACKBERRY & GOAT CHEESE SANDWICHES
Air Fryer Hot Dog Taquitos
There is nothing better for a quick and delicious lunch than Air Fryer Hot Dog Taquitos. They are so good and soon to be one of your family's favorites!
- 4 hot dogs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 corn or flour tortilla
- Optional Toppings: Sour Cream, Greek Yogurt, Salsa, Guacamole, etc.
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Place your tortillas into the microwave and microwave for about 30 seconds, or until you can wrap them around the hot dogs.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the tortilla, and then add your hot dog. Wrap around and place seam side down into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are cooked through. If you want, add some more cheese on top and air fry until the cheese is melted.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 673mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 18g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Leave a Reply