Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos are a great and easy appetizer, snack, or lunch that you can easily prepare in the Air Fryer in minutes! Cooking frozen taquitos in the air fryer is a perfect way to get crispy tortillas filled with all your favorite fillings. Pair with salsa, guacamole, or any other dipping sauce you love!
Air Fried Taquitos are a great and easy appetizer, snack, or lunch you can easily prepare in the Air Fryer in minutes!
If you have Mexican food cravings, this is the perfect way to cook them up. An easy way to cook a quick snack or even for Taco Tuesday! They are so good that you do not need to wait for the oven to preheat! Saving you lots of time!
This is so good, and I have tested a lot of frozen taquitos out so that I will give you my favorites at the end — you might as well get the best ones available. So, whether gluten-free taquitos, cheese taquitos, flour taquitos, or even frozen homemade taquitos.
If you are looking for more quick and easy Air Fryer Snacks, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS, AIR FRYER TYSON CRISPY CHICKEN STRIPS, AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS, and AIR FRYER RANCH ROASTED CHICKPEAS.
Why You’ll Love Cooking Frozen Taquitos in Air Fryer
- You can air fry taquitos in minutes
- Quick Cook Time
- Crispy and delicious
- Healthier than deep frying
- Great for parties and entertaining
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos
If you’ve ever wanted to make delicious taquitos without the hassle of deep-frying them, then air fryer frozen taquitos are the perfect solution. Air fryers allow us to create crunchy and flavorful snacks with a fraction of the oil typically used for frying.
This recipe is simple to prepare, resulting in juicy, crispy Mexican-style snacks that your whole family will love. Keep reading for all the ingredients needed to create these mouthwatering air-fried taquitos!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, as well as the nutrition info.
- Frozen Taquitos: The star of the dish! Choose your favorite frozen taquitos with beef, chicken, cheese, or other delicious fillings.
- Cooking Spray: Cooking spray lightly coats the taquitos before air frying, ensuring they become crispy and golden brown.
- Optional Toppings, Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Shredded Cheese, Fresh Cilantro, Lime Wedges, Avocado Slices, Jalapeno Slices, and seasonings.
How To Cook Frozen Taquitos In Air Fryer
Everyone loves a good taquito! But what if you don’t have the time to wait for thawing and cooking? No problem. With an air fryer, you can cook delicious frozen taquitos quickly! You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how fast your crispy golden brown taquitos turn out.
Below, we’ll show you how easy it is to make healthy and yummy frozen taquitos using an air fryer. So, let’s get started on making those tasty treats!
Preheat the Air Fryer:
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F (190°C) for 1-2 minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and a crispy texture.
Lightly Coat with Cooking Spray (Optional):
While this step is optional, lightly spraying the taquitos with cooking spray can help them become even crispier. You can skip this step if you prefer.
Arrange in the Air Fryer:
Place taquitos in a single layer in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray. Avoid overcrowding to allow proper air circulation. If your air fryer is small, you may need to cook them in batches.
Air Fry the Taquitos:
Set the cooking temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the cooking time for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket or flipping it halfway through the cooking process to ensure even browning.
If you’d like to add shredded cheese, sprinkle it on the taquitos during the last 2 minutes of cooking. This allows the cheese to melt and become gooey.
Check for Crispy Perfection:
The taquitos are done when they are golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them during the last few minutes to avoid overcooking.
Remove the taquitos from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute or two. They are best enjoyed while still hot and crispy. For added flavor and presentation, garnish the taquitos with fresh cilantro, lime wedges, avocado, jalapeño, or other toppings. Season the taquitos with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste! Serve your hot and crispy air fryer frozen taquitos with your favorite dipping sauces or toppings for a delicious and convenient snack or meal.
Best Brands Of Frozen Taquitos
The best brands of frozen taquitos can vary depending on personal taste and location. However, several brands are known for producing quality frozen taquitos. Here are some popular options to consider:
- Jose Ole: José Olé Taquitos is another reputable brand specializing in Mexican-style frozen snacks, including taquitos. They offer a range of flavors and sizes to suit various preferences.
- Delimex Taquitos: Delimex is known for its frozen Mexican appetizers, including taquitos. They offer beef and chicken taquitos, often with a crispy and flavorful shell.
- Don Miguel: Don Miguel is a brand that focuses on Mexican cuisine, and their frozen taquitos are no exception. They offer a variety of flavors and use quality ingredients.
- Tina’s: Tina’s offers budget-friendly frozen taquitos that are often praised for their taste and affordability. They come in various sizes and fillings.
- La Palma: La Palma is a brand that takes pride in authentic Mexican flavors. Their frozen taquitos aim to capture the essence of traditional Mexican cuisine.
- Amys Kitchen: Amys Kitchen is known for its organic and natural frozen food options. They offer vegetarian and vegan taquito options for those looking for plant-based alternatives.
- Private Store Brands: Many grocery store chains have private-label frozen taquitos, which can often provide quality at a lower price.
When choosing a brand of frozen taquitos, consider factors such as the filling (beef, chicken, cheese, or vegetarian), flavor, size, and any dietary preferences or restrictions you may have. Reading product reviews and trying different brands can help you find the ones that best suit your taste.
Pro Tips For Cooking Frozen Taquitos In Air Fryer
Cooking frozen taquitos in the air fryer is a fantastic way to achieve a crispy and delicious result. Here are some pro tips to help you make the best air fryer taquitos:
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Always preheat your air fryer for a few minutes before cooking. Preheating ensures that the taquitos start cooking immediately and helps them become crispy.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Arrange the frozen taquitos in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving space between each one. Overcrowding can result in uneven cooking and less crispy taquitos. If needed, cook them in batches.
- Use Cooking Spray: While optional, lightly spray the taquitos with cooking spray before cooking. This helps them achieve an even crispier texture.
- Flip or Shake: Flip the taquitos or shake the basket halfway through the cooking time. This ensures that all sides cook evenly and become crispy.
- Check for Doneness: Keep a close eye on the taquitos during the last few minutes of cooking to avoid overcooking. They are ready when they are golden brown and crispy.
- Add Cheese at the Right Time: If you’re adding shredded cheese, do so during the last 2 minutes of cooking. This allows the cheese to melt and become gooey without burning.
- Serve Hot: Taquitos are best enjoyed hot and fresh from the air fryer. Serving them immediately ensures they retain their crispiness.
- Customize Your Dips: Serve the taquitos with your favorite dipping sauces, such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or hot sauce, for added flavor. Customize the dips to your taste.
- Experiment with Toppings: Get creative with toppings. Try adding fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced onions, or jalapeño slices for extra flavor and freshness.
- Season as Desired: Season the taquitos with a pinch of salt and pepper or any preferred seasoning just before serving to enhance their taste.
- Keep an Eye on Time: Cooking times may vary depending on the brand and size of your taquitos, so follow the recommended time on the packaging as a guideline.
By following these pro tips, you’ll elevate your frozen taquito game in the air fryer. These crispy and flavorful treats are perfect for snacks, appetizers, or quick meals. Enjoy the convenience and deliciousness of air-fried taquitos! 🌮🔥😋
Can I cook taquitos in the air fryer without preheating it?
While you can cook taquitos without preheating, it’s recommended to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and a crispier texture.
How long does it take to cook frozen taquitos in the air fryer?
On average, it takes about 8-10 minutes to cook frozen taquitos in the air fryer at 375°F (190°C). However, cooking times may vary depending on the brand and size of the taquitos and your air fryer model.
Can I cook different types of taquitos together in the same batch?
You can cook different types of taquitos together in the air fryer if they have similar cooking temperatures and times. Be mindful of overcrowding, and adjust cooking times as needed.
How can I prevent taquitos from becoming too dry in the air fryer?
To prevent taquitos from becoming too dry, avoid overcooking them. Follow the recommended cooking time on the packaging, and check for doneness during the last few minutes to avoid overbaking.
Can I reheat leftover cooked taquitos in the air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat leftover cooked taquitos in the air fryer to restore their crispiness. Preheat the air fryer and cook them for a few minutes until they are hot and crispy again.
Can I add toppings like cheese during cooking?
If you want to add shredded cheese, do so during the last 2 minutes of cooking. This allows the cheese to melt and become gooey without burning.
How to store leftover taquitos:
Let the taquitos cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. The leftover taquitos will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
What are the best dips for taquitos?
Popular dips for taquitos include salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and hot sauce. You can also experiment with other dipping sauces based on your preferences.
Can I cook taquitos from frozen, or should I thaw them first?
Taquitos are typically cooked from frozen in the air fryer. Thawing is not necessary, and cooking them frozen ensures the best results.
Are air-fried taquitos healthier than baking or deep-frying them?
Air-frying taquitos generally uses less oil compared to deep-frying, making them a relatively healthier option. Baking is also a healthy choice, but air frying often yields a crispier result.
Can I customize the seasonings on my taquitos?– Absolutely! Feel free to season your taquitos with your favorite spices or seasonings before or after cooking to suit your taste.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER TYSON CRISPY CHICKEN STRIPS
- AIR FRYER EXTRA CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS
- EASY AIR FRYER PIZZA POCKETS
- CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- AIR FRYER BEEF MEATBALLS
Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos
- Frozen taquitos
- Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or other preferred dipping sauces (optional)
- Shredded cheese, optional
- Fresh cilantro, lime wedges, avocado slices, jalapeño slices (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and a crispy texture.
- While this step is optional, lightly spraying the taquitos with cooking spray can help them become even crispier. You can skip this step if you prefer.
- Place the frozen taquitos in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding to allow proper air circulation. You may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is small.
- Cook the taquitos for about 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket or flipping them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- If you’d like to add shredded cheese, sprinkle it on the taquitos during the last 2 minutes of cooking. This allows the cheese to melt and become gooey.
- The taquitos are done when they are golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them during the last few minutes to avoid overcooking.
- Remove the taquitos from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute or two. They are best enjoyed while still hot and crispy.
- If desired, garnish the taquitos with fresh cilantro, lime wedges, avocado slices, jalapeño slices, or other toppings of your choice for added flavor and presentation.
- Season the taquitos with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve your hot and crispy air fryer frozen taquitos with your favorite dipping sauces or toppings for a delicious and convenient snack or meal.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional