Roasted chickpeas, everyone loves them, but if you went to purchase them in the store, they would cost you over $5 a bag. So, today I bring you my Air Fryer Spiced Chickpea recipe, which could not be any easier. Today, I bring you my version of Air Fryer Extra Crispy Spiced Chickpeas.
The cans of chickpeas are usually on sale for 50 cents at my local grocery store. Once you roast them, season them, they become a great healthy snack.
Tips for Roasting Chickpeas in the Air Fryer, Especially if you want to get the best Air Fryer Extra Crispy Spiced Chickpeas-
- Drain the chickpeas, well. The drier the chickpeas are, before you start to air fry them, the better they come out. I drain mine, then place them on a kitchen towel for about 20 minutes, and then proceed with the recipe.
- You need enough olive oil to coat the chickpeas. If you don’t use enough oil, you will never get your chickpeas crispy or crunchy. I use my hands to mix them. Do I need more olive oil? I add it, so look at your chickpeas, are they coated in olive oil? If you are in doubt, add a tablespoon or two more.
- Add some extra seasonings. As you finish air frying your chickpeas, add some extra seasoning. I always add additional salt. I think it brings out the roasted flavor of the air fryer chickpeas.
- Eat them right after you air fry them. They taste better, and the chickpeas will not stay crispy for long.
Some Other Of My Favorite Air Fryer Chickpea Recipes–
Ingredients for Spicy Air Fryer Chickpeas-
- Canned chickpeas
- Olive oil
- ground cumin
Here are the Directions for Making Spicy Air Fryer Chickpeas-
Start by draining and rinsing your chickpeas. Then use a kitchen towel, and lay them on, for about 20 minutes. You are trying to dry them as much as possible.
Then mix in the olive oil and spices. Check, are all of the chickpeas covered with olive oil, if not add more.
Transfer to an air fryer safe pan. (Usually, if it’s oven safe, it’s air fryer safe)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Some of the Tools Used in This Chickpeas Recipe, affiliate links included–
Air Fryer, Extra Crispy Spiced Chickpeas
This is such an easy recipe to make, spiced chickpeas.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fyrer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 can (15 oz. chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Then in a small bowl mix together the chickpeas, olive oil, paprika, cumin, and salt.
- Mix well, so that all of them are covered.
- Then place the chickpeas in an air fryer safe pan and air fry for about 8 to 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the air fryer pan, and place in a bowl.
- Optional: Dash some extra salt on it.
Keywords: air fryer chickpeas no oil air fryer chickpeas ranch air fryer parmesan chickpeas air fryer chickpeas weight watchers air fryer chickpeas salt and vinegar chickpea fries air fryer air fryer black beans air fryer recipes