This is a great seasoned roasted chickpea. Today, I used Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend Spiced Chickpeas, which is very popular. And created these for my family. They make a wonderful snack. Everyone loves air fryer chickpeas.
If you are not familiar with roasting chickpeas, they make a very good protein enriched snack, and if you are following a vegan diet, they are also a great snack.
How Do You Make Chickpeas Crispy in the Air Fryer?
There are actually a few tricks, I learned along my journey with my air frying. I have been roasting these in the air fryer since 2017, as my youngest son is a HUGE fan. I also find the price tag at Whole Foods or Amazon is insane (in my opinion)
- Start by draining the chickpeas, drain them in a colander and let them set in the colander for about 20 minutes, to make sure as much of the liquid has been drained.
- Then put the drained chickpeas laying them out on top of a kitchen towel, leave them there fora bout 20-30 minutes.
- Then add them all the dried chickpeas to a mixing bowl, and coat them with olive oil. I have told my kids, if the chickpeas are not coated with olive oil, they will not get crunchy. So use your hands, do you need more olive oil than the recipe calls for, add it. Once you think they have been coated, then add your spices.
Note: For added spice, I always add some sea salt and other spices used in the recipe, so they get the most taste.
Chickpeas will not last crunchy forever, they are best eaten on the same day that you air fry them.
If you have nay extra simply place them in an airtight container and try to eat them in the next day or two.
You can use cooked dried chickpeas, but I have never done so. I am assuming that you would follow the same procedure.
Some Other Of My Favorite Air Fryer Chickpea Recipes–
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Some Helpful Products Used in Making Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend Chickpeas–
Air Fryer, Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend Spiced Chickpeas
This is a great flavor that really comes out with the roasting, with the air fryer. Family favorite snack!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 19 ounces can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Everything But Bagel seasoning
- Start by draining and rinsing the chickpeas.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and sea salt
- Love this stuff.
- Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket, set the time for 7 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- After 7 minutes, shake the basket and set for another 7 minutes.
- our the chickpeas into a bowl, and toss with an additional 1-2 tablespoons of seasoning. (It depends on how seasoned you want them, adjust to your taste buds.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chickpeas weight watchers air fryer chickpeas ranch air fryer chickpeas salt and vinegar air fryer parmesan chickpeas honey roasted chickpeas in air fryer air fryer peas air fryer beans air fryer recipes