Air Fryer Everything Chickpeas — I love cooking with my air fryer. I can make anything in it, including these delicious Air Fryer Everything Chickpeas. They are crunchy and salty on the outside but soft and tender on the inside. These chickpeas will be one of your favorite things to make in your air fryer!
Air Fryer Everything Chickpeas –This is a great seasoned roasted chickpea. Today, I used Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend Spiced Chickpeas, which is very popular.
I created these for my family. They make a wonderful snack. Everyone loves air fryer chickpeas.
If you are unfamiliar with roasting chickpeas, they make a delicious protein-enriched snack, and if you are following a vegan diet, they are also a great snack.
What Is Everything But The Bagel Seasoning Mix?
I first spotted this at Trader Joe’s years and years ago. I kept it in my pantry, so the dishes that need some extra spice (it is excellent on grilled chicken if you didn’t know)
Since this seasoning mix is trendy, most stores now have a knock-off version, whether you find it at Costco, Aldis’or your local grocery store. They are all made about the same.
So, when it came up to spice up some of my family’s snacks, Chickpeas, I thought, why not? They turned out amazing!
- Chickpeas (Cooked, either canned or dried, that has been cooked)
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
How To Make Air Fryer Everything Chickpeas
Start by draining and rinsing the chickpeas. Toss the chickpeas with olive oil, sea salt, and Everything But The Bagel Seasoning. Mix well.
Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket, set the time for 15 minutes at 390 degrees F, air fryer setting. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process.
Pour the chickpeas into a bowl, and toss with an additional 1-2 tablespoons of seasoning.
How To Get Crispy Chickpeas From The Air Fryer!
If you have ever had your air fryer go through less-than-crispy chickpeas, this is one of the most important parts of reading. Here are some tips on making your chickpeas crispy! and cook up better. Some common problems are:
- When purchasing canned chickpeas, I recommend setting them on a kitchen towel to dry after draining. Not only do they need the moisture removed for you to add olive oil and salt but also so that your food preparation process can absorb any excess liquid
- You can remove the skins, though this is a lot of work. If you want them crispy- don’t hesitate!
- You can’t keep them for more than a day or two, so be sure to eat them on the same date that you make them. As they get older, their crispiness will start to wane and lose its crunchiness!
How To Store
These are delicious and will not stay crispy for long. I recommend eating them the same day you make them, but here is how to store any leftovers if needed!
Let them cool, place them into an open container or a brown paper bag, and store them at room temperature. Never refrigerate them. Otherwise, you will notice that they will all stick together.
Eat within a day; otherwise, dispose of them, and make a new batch.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER SESAME SEED ROASTED CHICKPEAS
AIR FRYER EVERYTHING CHICKPEAS
- 19 ounces chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Everything But Bagel seasoning
- Start by draining and rinsing the chickpeas.
- If you want them crispy, you can lay them out on a kitchen towel until they are dried.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil, sea salt, and Everything But the Bagel Seasoning Mix.
- Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket, set the time for 15 minutes at 390 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Shake the basket several times during the cooking process.
- Pour the chickpeas into a bowl, and toss with an additional 1-2 teaspoons of seasoning. (It depends on how seasoned you want them, adjust to your taste buds.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer