This is a wonderful and easy snack. It’s packed full of flavor and it’s healthy to snack on, it’s also high in protein, which makes it a great snack if you are on a diet because it will fill you up. This is a quick air fryer cooking and it will only take about 15 minutes to prepare. They are gluten-free, vegan and they make a healthy snack.
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- Chickpeas are high in fiber; they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes as the doctors show that high fiber reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin K. These are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- They show high fiber to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
You can flavor chickpeas with any variety of spices, they absorb spices, rubs, etc, well.
If you are looking to use dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans) just soak them in a bowl of water for about one hour. I soak mine overnight, so they absorb most of the water. If you are looking for an alternative and to give your chickpeas an additional layer of flavoring, try soaking them in chicken or vegetable stock.
Before I had an air fryer, my kids used to purchase bags for snacks, and since the can of garbanzo (Chickpeas) can be had in the grocery store for under $1.00 paying over $5.00 for a bag of seasoned ones, was crazy to me. So, I started making and experiment with them, and I found a few that my kids LOVE and a few that no one, including me, wanted to eat. So, adjust the spices, take a look in the grocery store and see what are varieties you can air fryer up to at home are.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Roasted Barbecue Chickpeas
This is a great protein-based snack or appetizer, that is so easy to make in the air fryer. There are so many different options for making and seasoning them, but whatever you choose, roasting them in the air fryer makes these awfully delicious.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 17
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 –15 ounce cans of chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tesapoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Start by draining your can of chickpeas and then use a kitchen towel and dry the chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chickpeas, peanut oil, maple syrup and other seasonings so all of the chickpeas are covered.
- Add your chickpeas to the air fryer basket or spread them over the air fryer tray, spread them out, so that they are in a single layer, as they will cook more evenly.
- Set the timer for 6 minutes, at 375 degrees F. After 6 minutes, shake the basket or the tray then add another 6 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer parmesan chickpeas air fryer chickpeas no oil air fryer chickpeas ranch air fryer spicy chickpeas oil free air fried chickpeas air fryer chickpeas sweet air fryer chickpeas weight watchers skinnytaste air fryer chickpeas