Air Fryer Spicy Chickpeas are so good! If you have been looking for the perfect way to make a great batch of roasted Air Fryer Chickpeas, this is one of my favorites!
So crispy and so good, this batch came out so crispy and flavorful and only took about 15 minutes in the air fryer!
IF you love a great batch of roasted chickpeas, these are so much better than the oven and come out so much crispier.
These are vegan, gluten-free, and healthy snacks that the entire family will love!
I love a great air fryer recipe, and this one is no different!
If you are looking for other ways to flavor Air Fryer Roasted Chickpeas, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER RANCH ROASTED CHICKPEAS, AIR FRYER EXTRA CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS, AIR FRYER SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS and AIR FRYER SESAME SEED ROASTED CHICKPEAS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Spicy Chickpeas
- Cooked Chickpeas, Canned or Freshly Cooked
- Olive Oil
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Spicy Chickpeas
Start by preheating your air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. Then drain and rinse your chickpeas, set them on a towel or paper towels to dry.
After about 15 minutes, toss the drained chickpeas with olive oil, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
Place the chickpeas into the air dryer basket set the time for 12 to 15 minutes, at 390 degrees F, air fryer setting. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process.
What Type of Chickpeas To Use?
Today, I used rinsed canned chickpeas, which have already been cooked. You can find them at your local grocery store in the bean section.
You can use cooked Instant Pot Chickpeas as well, and the key is to use cooked chickpeas or garbanzo beans.
What Type of Oil To Use?
I typically use olive oil for most of my recipes since it has a high smoke point. But you can use other oils such as avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or even almond oil.
Why Should You Dry Them?
If you want to get a great batch of crispy chickpeas, drying them is an important step. I usually rinse the chickpeas, place them on my counter to dry out, and then proceed with the recipe.
You will never get a crispy batch if you do not dry them.
How To Store Them:
They will only last for a few hours after you crisp them up. After that, they will start to cool down and lose their crispness.
Please keep them in an open jar or container and never put them into the refrigerator for best results.
How can I serve air fryer chickpeas?
This is an easy snack to have, or you can serve them as part of a vegetarian meal, included in tacos, salads, and other dishes.
This makes a protein-filled snack!
Some Other Great Air Fryer Chickpea Recipes:
- AIR FRYER EXTRA CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS
- AIR FRYER SESAME SEED ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- EASY AIR FRYER, KOREAN BBQ ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- AIR FRYER BOMBAY SPICE ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- EASY AIR FRYER ROASTED BARBECUE CHICKPEAS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Spicy Chickpeas
- 4.5 ounces chickpeas , or garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. Then drain and rinse your chickpeas, set them on a towel or paper towels to dry.
- After about 15 minutes, toss the drained chickpeas with olive oil, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the chickpeas into the air dryer basket set the time for 12 to 15 minutes, at 390 degrees F, air fryer setting. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional