There is nothing like a batch of Air Fryer Spicy Roasted Chickpeas. They are the perfect snack when you are in the mood for something crunchy, healthy, and absolutely delicious.
My kids are huge fans of these, and today’s batch is no different. Made with a few spices, the oil you get is a perfectly delicious snack!
Todya’s batch of Air Fryer Roasted Chickpeas has the right balance of spicy without overpowering the chickpeas. My kids love these, and now that summer is here, this is the perfect summer snack for the beach, camp, and for my favorite outside activity, camping!
These travel so well and stay crunchy for a few days! They are the perfect snack for everyone, and you will feel good about giving these to your kids. They are so healthy!
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
I love roasting chickpeas; not only are they a great way to stretch your dollar, but you can season your chickpeas any way that you love them!
Sweet, Spicy, and Savory, they will all work.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Canned Chickpeas (Or Cooked)
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
How To Make Air Fryer Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
Start by draining and rinsing the chickpeas. Dry the beans over paper towels to ensure extra crispness.
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well, coating the beans with the seasoning.
Place the chickpeas in your Air Fryer basket and try to keep it to one or two layers to make sure the beans are crispy.
Depending on the size of your Air Fryer, you may need to bake in multiple batches. Set the temperature to 390F/200C and bake for 10-12 minutes. Shake the basket halfway.
*If you’ll not be serving the chickpeas right away, make sure they have completely cooled down before storing them in an airtight container. To do this, I place them in a large oven tray before storing them.
Some Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Drying the chickpeas with paper towels helps them become crunchy after air frying.
- The important thing to know is that they need to be coated in olive oil. Otherwise, they will never crisp up.
- Add some additional spices after air frying for even more flavor.
- I usually add sea salt right after air frying up the batch.
- Shake the basket several times during the cooking process for best results.
Are roasted chickpeas bad for you?
No, chickpeas or garbanzo beans are very high in protein. They are also low in calories and contain a fair amount of fiber. Both are important if you are trying to lose weight since you will feel fuller longer.
Canned vs. Dried?
I have never made Air Fryer Chickpeas with dried chickpeas, and I thought they would need to be cooked before roasting them.
You could use this recipe, which uses the Instant Pot or another pressure cooker to cook them.
How To Store Air Fryer Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
This is a great recipe that you can store at room temperature. Please do not put them in the refrigerator; they will turn hard.
You can store them in a brown paper bag, open container, or jar. They will lose their crispness in a few days.
What To Do With Roasted Chickpeas
While I tend to eat them as they are, they are great during the summer months in salads, and you can even make a chickpea salad with them.
They act as an alternative to croutons.
Some Other Great Flavored Chickpeas
- AIR FRYER, KOREAN BBQ ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- AIR FRYER, ROASTED BOMBAY SPICE ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- EASY AIR FRYER, EASY SESAME SEED ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Don’t Forget To Pin For Later:
Air Fryer Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked, or drained from a can
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Start by draining and rinsing the chickpeas.
- Dry the beans over paper towels to ensure extra crispness.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well, coating the beans with the seasoning.
- Place the chickpeas in your AirFryer basket and try to keep it to one or two layers to make sure the beans are crispy. Depending on the size of your AirFryer, you may need to bake in multiple batches.
- Set the temperature to 390F/200C, air fryer setting, and bake for 10-12 minutes. Shake the basket halfway.
- If you'll not be serving the chickpeas right away, make sure they have completely cooled down before storing them in an airtight container. To do this, I place them in a large oven tray before storing them.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray