KETO Air Fryer Pickles are amazing! If you in the mood for a great KETO-Friendly Snack, this might just become one of your favorites!
These are both low-carb and KETO friendly, made with a great coating that gets crispy and delicious when you air fry them up. And who really can resist a fried pickle for an appetizer or late-night snack?
If you are doing KETO (even if you aren’t), you are always looking for something to snack on. One of the most popular air fryer recipes for appetizers is the beloved Fried Pickles. Today, I grabbed my leftover pickles from another recipe and made a KETO-friendly snack for myself.
If you are looking for even more KETO Friendly Air Fryer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER, THE BEST BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES, AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN TENDERS, AIR FRYER ROASTED ASPARAGUS, and AIR FRYER FRIED CABBAGE.
KETO Air Fryer Pickles
There is nothing better than a deep-fried pickle, but they aren’t really healthy, so I turned my attention to a great Air Fryer Recipe today.
Instead of the traditional breading, I used almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, and eggs, and when they air-fried up, they were amazing!
So, if you are looking for a KETO Friendly Air Fryer Recipe for Pickles, this is one of my go-to’s. Easy and absolutely delicious.
Ingredients Needed For KETO Air Fryer Pickles
- Dill Pickle Spears of Pickle Chips
- Almond Flour
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
How To Make KETO Air Fryer Pickles:
Start by getting most of the moisture out. I placed them on a paper towel on my counter and let them sit for about 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, beat the two eggs with a fork. In another, both add the almond flour and grated Parmesan cheese, mix with a fork.
Place the pickles into the egg mixture. After that, dredge them into the almond flour mixture, and then place them on a greased air fryer tray or a greased air fryer basket.
Then to crisp them up, you need to generously spray them with olive oil or cooking spray. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. (air fryer setting)
Tips for Making Keto Fried Pickles
- You can use any pickle you wish. Fried pickles are traditionally made with dill pickles, but you can use any type you like to eat.
- You can make this recipe with either pickle spears or pickle chips.
- If you want, you can substitute out the almond flour for crushed pork rinds or KETO panko. The recipe will work the same.
- Spray your basket or tray before adding the coated pickles. Otherwise, they may stick to the basket.
- Depending on your air fryer, you may have to flip them halfway for both sides to get crispy.
- Spray your pickles with cooking spray; they will help them get crispy.
- For best results, use a piece of parchment paper, so the batter does not come off.
Are dill pickle spears Keto-friendly?
Most pickles, whether dill or not, are KETO-Friendly. The ones that you need to watch out for are the ones with added sugar.
If you are looking for a KETO-friendly pickle option, the best ones to get are dill or sour. The sweet, candied and bread and butter usually are marinated in sugar to get the sweet flavor. Therefore they are not KETO-Friendly.
How unhealthy are fried pickles?
Deep-Fried pickles are very unhealthy since they are dredged in oil to cook up. Air Fryer Fried Pickles are not soaked in oil and are considered a healthy snack or appetizer option.
Do fried pickles have carbs?
The number of carbs will depend on many variables, and you should calculate it based on the ingredient you used in the recipe. But when prepared with almond flour, pork rinds, or other KETO-Friendly breading, they are very low in carbs.
What Sauce Should I Dip My Air Fryer Fried Pickles In?
There are so many KETO Friendly sauces that you can use for dips. Some of my favorites are:
How Should We Serve These Air Fryer Pickles?
While you can store these after making them, they are so much better when they are fresh out of the air fryer.
If you make extra, place them into an airtight container, and then refrigerate until you want to reheat them.
To reheat them, place them into the air fryer basket, spray with cooking spray, which will help them crisp up a bit. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for about 3 to 4 minutes until warmed through.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Keto Recipes-
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 20 dill pickle spears
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Other: Olive oil spray or another cooking spray
- Start by getting most of the moisture out. I placed them on a paper towel on my counter and let them sit for about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the two eggs with a fork.
- In another, both add the almond flour and grated Parmesan cheese, mix with a fork.
- Place the pickles into the egg mixture. After that, dredge them into the almond flour mixture, and then place them on a greased air fryer tray or a greased air fryer basket.
- Then to crisp them up, you need to spray them with olive oil generously (or another cooking spray)
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8-10 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g