One of the biggest questions on our Air Fryer Recipe and Tips Facebook group is how do you cook bacon in an air fryer? Since today is Saturday, and everyone is running around and shopping for the week. I thought I would sit down and write some hints and tricks I have learned along the way, for making bacon a breeze to cook in the air fryer.
Bacon has typically been made on the stovetop or in the oven, or even in the microwave. All have their advantages and disadvantages, which I will not go into.
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
My two go-to air is the GoWise (Amazon affiliate link) which is dishwasher safe. This is a great one, I wrote up the advantages and my thoughts on it here.
Now, making bacon is awesome, it’s easy and it comes out not greasy. So, if you are going to eat bacon, the air fryer is a great way to save a few calories. Making bacon in the air fryer is easy.
Here are some Pointers For Making Bacon,
- Always start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F, (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes. This lets your bacon get a nice sear, as soon as it hits the air fryer basket or air fryer tray. But, remember to be careful, because the air fryer basket or air fryer tray will be HOT!
- Do not overcrowd the basket or tray. The bacon will not cook evenly.
- The timing of the bacon will really depend on how crispy or not crispy you would like the bacon. The general time is from 8 to 10 minutes.
- After the bacon has done cooking, make sure to place the cooked bacon on a paper towel, which will help get rid of any excess grease.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Tips For Making Bacon in The Air Fryer
America loves bacon, and today I am giving you a few pointers on how to get perfect bacon in the air fryer. It is so easy and cleanup is a breeze.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Pork
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package bacon
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes (air fryer setting)
- Carefully add the bacon, and then set the time for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate, with paper towels on it, and let sit for a minute or two, to get the grease out.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!