One of the biggest questions on our Air Fryer Recipe and Tips Facebook group is how do you cook bacon in an air fryer? Since today is Saturday, and everyone is running around and shopping for the week. I thought I would sit down and write some hints and tricks I have learned along the way for making bacon a breeze to cook in the air fryer.
Bacon has typically been made on the stovetop or in the oven, or even in the microwave. All have their advantages and disadvantages, which I will not go into.
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
My two go-to air is the GoWise (Amazon affiliate link), which is dishwasher safe. This is a great one; I wrote up the advantages and my thoughts on it here.
Now, making bacon is awesome. It’s easy, and it comes out not greasy. So, if you are going to eat bacon, the air fryer is a great way to save a few calories. Making bacon in the air fryer is easy.
Here are some Pointers For Making Bacon,
- Always start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes. This lets your bacon get a nice sear as soon as it hits the air fryer basket or air fryer tray. Remember to be careful because the air fryer basket or air fryer tray will be HOT!
- Do not overcrowd the basket or tray. The bacon will not cook evenly.
- The bacon’s timing will really depend on how crispy or not crispy you would like the bacon. The general time is from 8 to 10 minutes.
- After the bacon has been done cooking, make sure to place the cooked bacon on a paper towel, eliminating any excess grease.
Some Common Questions Asked About Air Fryer Bacon
How long do you cook bacon in an air fryer?
Start by preheating your air fryer to 390 degrees F. Then, place your bacon into the air fryer basket in a single layer; do not crowd the basket. Otherwise, you will find that your bacon does not crisp up—Air Fry for 8 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until bacon is crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes more.
Is it safe to cook bacon in an air fryer?
Air Frying bacon in an air fryer is simply amazing. Here’s why: The air fryer is essentially a small convection oven that circulates hot air around food to cook it. Meaning that every single piece of bacon is perfectly cooked.
For bacon to crisp up, please keep it in a single layer and not crowd the basket. Both can lead to uncooked and unevenly cooked bacon.
Is bacon healthier in an air fryer?
Yes, as the air fryer bacon cooks, the fat will drip off either in a drip tray or in the air fryer basket. Both will produce bacon with less grease and, therefore, less fat intake and fewer calories.
Can you cook frozen bacon in air fryer?
Yes! It will take slightly longer to cook, but it is amazing in the air fryer. Especially on the morning that you forget to thaw your bacon.
Add it to the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 370 degrees, and air fry for 5 minutes. Once it starts to thaw, remove and separate the bacon, and then continue to air fry for 7 to 10 minutes more.
Why does my Emeril Air Fryer smoke?
Foods with lots of fat tend to cause smoke. As the food air fries will release grease, and the oil/grease will splatter on the heating element, causing the air fry to release white smoke.
Here are some other great recipes-
Don’t Forget To Pin–
America loves bacon, and today I am giving you a few pointers on how to get perfect bacon in the air fryer. It is so easy and cleanup is a breeze.
- 1 package bacon
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes (air fryer setting)
- Carefully add the bacon, and then set the time for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate, with paper towels on it, and let sit for a minute or two, to get the grease out.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!