Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets –An easy, healthy dinner that cooks in minutes? Yes, please! Try these Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets. They’re full of protein and veggies for a well-rounded meal. Plus, the clean-up is quick because you cook everything together in one foil packet. Perfect for busy nights when you don’t want to spend hours cooking or doing dishes!
Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets are one of my favorite meals, a complete meal prepared in the air fryer, and they’re so good!
Packed with Spicy Italian Sausages, Yukon gold potatoes, carrots, onions, and a great Italian sauce baked right into the packet, creating a delicious meal that the entire family will love! I love these!
And if you are looking for some meals that you can either prepare ahead of time or bring camping with you, this is a great one!
I love foil meals; I grew up with them, although my mother would either BBQ them or bake them, and they were the perfect meal. All in one!
If you are looking for even more Easy Air Fryer Meal Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA, AIR FRYER KUNG PAO CHICKEN, AIR FRYER CLASSIC CHICKEN TENDERS (TENDERLOINS), and AIR FRYER CHICKEN FAJITAS.
Can you cook foil packets in air fryer
Yes! ANd they are perfect for dinner time! I love prepping these and placing them into the air fryer when my family is ready to eat. This is a great recipe for meal planning!
They are often referred to as tin foil dinners, a classical Hobo Dinner. All ingredients are placed into the foil, and a pouch is made.
The foil meal can include anything from dessert, breakfast to a classical dinner. Today is no different. It comprised of sausage, potatoes, and vegetables. It represents a complete meal.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
How To Make Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets
Tear off four 12” sheets of aluminum foil. Set aside. Divide all of the ingredients except for the butter and sauce between each foil sheet.
Top each packet with a bit of butter and drizzle with the sauce.
Fold in the long edges and crimp tightly. Fold in the short edges and crimp tightly so that all edges are sealed.
Place the Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets into the Air Fryer Basket, air fry at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer, basket, or oven. I have also made great Foil Packet meals in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and Mealthy Lid. The recipe will remain, but the cooking time will vary.
- For best results, use heavy-duty aluminum foil, which is heavier than regular foil, which will hold up better during cooking and serving.
- Try to cut the ingredients into similar pieces. This way, they all cook up at the same time.
- You may have to cook these Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets in batch, as you don’t want to overcrowd the air fryer basket. Otherwise, they will not cook up properly.
- Always check with your manufacturer’s instructions about using foil in your Air Fryer, Since every air fryer is slightly different.
Today, I used Spicy Italian sausage, which was raw. But you can use other types of sausages, including Chorizo, Italian Sweet Sauage, and Vegan Sausage, such as Beyond Meat.
The cooking time indicated below will cook pieces of raw sausage, and you should not use pre-cooked sausages. Otherwise, they will be dried out when the potatoes and vegetables are cooked.
I used simple Yukon Gold Potatoes today, but you can use any potato. Some great potatoes in this recipe are red, sweet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, and new potatoes.
The key would be to cut the potatoes into the same size so they all cook together. I thinly sliced mine, which cut down on the cooking time. Leaving them in larger chunks would mean needing a longer cooking time than the other ingredients.
Today, I used a simple zucchini, carrot, and onion blend. But a lot of vegetables would go well in this foil pack.
Some great ones would be cauliflower, broccoli, and even sweet corn. I try to use the vegetables that are in season.
I used an effortless Italian seasoning dressing, one of my favorites, as I always have it on hand, and it has many flavors already mixed in.
You can use any seasoning or even simple olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftover Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets, let them cool to room temperature. Remove the meal from the foil packet and place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The leftovers should last for about 2 to 3 days. You can reheat in either the microwave, skillet, or air fryer.
More Easy Air Fryer Meal Recipes:
- AIR FRYER STEAK FAJITAS
- AIR FRYER ROAST BEEF
- EASY AIR FRYER TRI-TIP STEAK RECIPE
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN FRIED STEAK
- EASY AIR FRYER RIB EYE STEAK
- AIR FRYER BEEF MEATBALLS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets
- 4 Italian sausage
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced into cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Tear off four 12” sheets of aluminum foil. Set aside. Divide all of the ingredients except for the butter and sauce between each foil sheet.
- Top each packet with a bit of butter and drizzle with the sauce.
- Fold in the long edges and crimp tightly. Fold in the short edges and crimp tightly so that all edges are sealed.
- Place the Air Fryer Sausage Foil Packets into the Air Fryer Basket, air fry at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Aluminum Foil
- Cooking Spray