Air Fryer Chicken Tikka Masala is so good! With only two ingredients, you can make this tasty chicken recipe that will soon be one of your family’s favorites!
So good, flavor, and so easy to make in the Air Fryer!
This would make an amazing appetizer, lunch, or dinner. And this is a staple in Indian cuisine!
There is nothing better in the Air Fryer than slow-roasted chicken, and the chicken is perfectly roasted and delicious! And today, in keeping with a great, easy and fast chicken recipe that you can have on your table in minutes, I went with a prepared sauce, but you can easily make your own homemade sauce, and it will be delicious as well!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorites are LEMON PEPPER AIR FRYER CHICKEN THIGHS, AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER CRISPY HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN, and AIR FRYER CHICKEN KIEV.
What is Chicken Tikka Masala?
Chicken Tikka Masala or Chicken Tikka is an authentic Indian dish with a rich and deep flavored sauce.
The sauce is typically prepared with plain yogurt and infused with Indian spices such as ginger, garam masala, turmeric, ground cumin, and chili.
The word Tikka actually means little bites, which is why Chicken Tikka Masala is usually prepared with small chunks or bites of chicken breast or chicken thighs.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chicken Tikka Masala
- Chicken Breast
- Chicken Tikka Masala Sauce
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Tikka Masala
Start by dicing your chicken up into 1-inch pieces.
Mix the sauce and the chicken and let marinate for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Then place the chicken directly in the basket or on the air fryer tray. I left mine in the pan.
Set the pan into the air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 to 10 minutes. The actual cooking time will depend on how thick the chicken pieces are.
Some Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Chicken Tikka Masala
- Try to cut your chicken pieces into equal-sized pieces, so they all cook up at the same time.
- You can use any air fryer for this recipe, including Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and the Mealthy Lid.
- This Indian dish is typically served with a plate of rice, either Jasmine, Saffron, or Basmati Rice.
- If you want to thread the Air Fryer Chicken Tikka Masala on skewers, and then air fry, make sure to soak your skewers for about 30 minutes, before threading them.
- If you want to make skewers, you can also add some great vegetables, some great additions are Zucchini, Mushrooms, Onions, Cherry Tomatoes, or Squash.
Should I Use Chicken Thighs or Breasts?
Either would work. A great and meater option would be to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Either recipe would work. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts since I wanted to add them to a skewer, for serving, over a bed of Jasmine Rice.
Difference Between Chicken Tikka and Chicken Tikka Masala
The only difference between Chicken Tikka and Chicken Tikka Masala is the use of different spices.
Tikka Massala contains the masala, a spice, or a blend of spices that will make up masala.
Masala is actually Garam Masala which is a traditional Indian Spice. Garam Masala (also known as warming spices) actually includes many spices, including ground cinnamon, mace, peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and cardamom pods.
Serving Suggestions For Chicken Tikka Masala
This is a very traditional Indian Dish, usually served as an appetizer or over a bed of rice.
But, there are a lot more ways that you can serve this. I usually serve it with a large garden salad, rice, or a plate of noodles.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
- AIR FRYER KUNG PAO CHICKEN
- LEMON PEPPER AIR FRYER CHICKEN THIGHS
- AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER CRISPY HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN FAJITAS
- AIR FRYER HONEY BALSAMIC CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER DRY RUBBED CHICKEN WINGS
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of Tikka Masala sauce
- Start by dicing your chicken up into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix the sauce and the chicken and let marinate for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Then place the chicken directly in the basket or on the air fryer tray. I left mine in the pan.
- Set the pan into the air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- After 5 minutes, check and make sure (with a meat thermometer) that the chicken is fully cooked.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.