Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas — Is there anything better than chicken fajitas? How about chicken fajitas made in the air fryer?
They’re quick and easy to make, and they’re always a hit with everyone. But if you’re looking for a healthier option, you might want to try air frying your chicken fajitas instead of cooking them in oil. Air frying is a great way to cook food without oil, so it’s a much healthier option. And it’s not just chicken fajitas that you can air fry – you can also air fry vegetables, fish, and even fries! So if you’re looking for a healthy and delicious way to cook your favorite dishes, give air frying a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas is an air fryer meal, and it could not be any easier or tastier.
This is one of my go-to meals. I am a huge fan since you can throw everything in one air fryer basket.
Then you can have dinner on the table in no time at all. The best thing about making chicken fajitas in the air fryer is perfectly cooked meat and flavorful and juicy!
This is a great recipe to not only roast your chicken but can roast your peppers and onions all in one pan! Easy clean-up and a delicious meal.
Chicken Fajitas Air Fryer Recipe will soon become one of your favorite recipes for the Air Fryer! If you have been looking for a low-carb, keto, paleo, low-fat, and whole30 compliant recipe, this is one of the best!
If you are looking for even easier Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON, AIR FRYER PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN, AIR FRYER CHICKEN KIEV, and AIR FRYER COPYCAT KFC FRIED CHICKEN.
What Are Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas?
Chicken fajitas are a tortilla shell filled with seasoned chicken, and usually, peppers and onions are rolled up in a tortilla. It is traditionally seasoned with traditional fajita seasoning, either homemade or from a packet.
You can air fry everything together to make the chicken fajitas in the air fryer. So go ahead and add your diced chicken, onions, peppers, some seasonings, and olive oil. Pretty soon, you will have one of your favorite meals.
Can I Make Chicken Fajitas in the Air Fryer?
Do you love fajitas but hate all the work that makes them? With an air fryer, you can have chicken fajitas in a snap! These delicious fajitas are loaded with flavor and super easy to make. Plus, they’re healthy and low-calorie so you can enjoy them guilt-free. Whether you’re a fan of chicken or beef fajitas, this recipe is sure to please. Give it a try today!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken: Either use boneless, skinless chicken breast or use boneless, skinless chicken thighs!
- Bell Peppers: Use either Mini Sweet Bell Peppers or sliced bell peppers
- Onions: Use either white onions, red onions, or sweet onions.
- Herbs: Nothing is better with chicken fajitas than fresh cilantro
- Oil: Use a high-heat oil, such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, or Avocado Oil
- Fajita Seasoning: Use homemade or store-bought fajita seasoning
- Lime: Nothing beats serving chicken fajitas than fresh lime juice, squeezed right over, before serving!
How To Make Chicken Fajitas In The Air Fryer?
Cut chicken into smaller strips. Add chicken to a large bowl. Set aside.
Cut Peppers into ½ inch thick rings. Add peppers to the bowl with the chicken. Cut onion into smaller pieces as well. Add the onions to the bowl.
Finally, add the chopped cilantro to the bowl. Next, add the canola oil and the fajita seasoning to the bowl. Squeeze the lime half into the bowl. Using a spatula, mix everything around well.
How Long To Cook Chicken Faijas In Air Fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting. Set timer for 4 minutes. When the timer goes off, stir the chicken around with a spatula to ensure even cooking. Cook for an additional 4-6 minutes.
Chicken is ready when it has a nice brown color and internally reaches 165 degrees F.
- These Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas are so easy to make. They’re ready in less than twenty minutes. And full of flavor! Eat-in a tortilla or taco shell with your favorite toppings, add to rice or place on top of a salad!
- You can use any cooking oil, and Avocado Oil works well too. I prefer Canola because it has a high smoke point.
- You can use chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins.
- You can make your fajita seasoning instead of using a packet. In a bowl, combine 1 Tbsp Cumin, 1 Tbsp Chili Powder, 1 Tsp Granulated Sugar, 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika, 1 Tsp Onion Powder, 1 Tsp Garlic Powder, and 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper. Mix well!
- Fajitas will be best kept in the fridge and eaten within three days.
How To Know If Chicken Is Cooked
Ensure to check the middle or center of the chicken, giving you a more accurate reading of the chicken’s internal temperature.
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
While you can easily use package fajitas seasoning, I often make my own, and it’s prepared with seasonings that you have on hand.
My foolproof recipe is: In a bowl, combine 1 Tbsp Cumin, 1 Tbsp Chili Powder, 1 Tsp Granulated Sugar, 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika, 1 Tsp Onion Powder, 1 Tsp Garlic Powder, and 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper. Mix well!
This is a great spice to have on hand since you can season anything from chicken, tacos, and meat, and it’s so great on roasted potatoes!
How To Serve Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas?
YOu can serve this either as chicken fajitas in a tortilla, regular, gluten-free, low-carb, or KETO friendly.
But you can also serve this over a salad or a bed of rice. This makes for a quick and easy meal.
Toppings For Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
You can add any of your favorite Mexican toppings, including guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, cream, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, and red onions!
Can you put fajita meat in the air fryer?
Yes, you can put fajita meat in the air fryer. It’s a great way to cook up this tender and flavorful meat. Plus, it’s a healthy cooking option that doesn’t require any added oil, so if you’re looking for a delicious and healthy way to cook fajitas, give the air fryer a try.
Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer?
Air fryers are all the rage these days. They’re a great way to cook foods without using a lot of oil, and they’re perfect for people trying to eat healthier. But can you put raw chicken in an air fryer? The answer is yes! But make sure that all chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, before removing it.
What temperature do you cook fajitas at?
Cook chicken fajitas air fryer at 390 degrees F, and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, then remove them.
Can I put foil in an air fryer?
Yes, the key is to make sure that there is no way that the foil can hit your heating element. Otherwise, it will cause a fire hazard.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Fajitas In The Air Fryer
If you want to cook frozen chicken fajitas in the air fryer, place your frozen mix into the air fryer and cook at 390 degrees F until the chicken is fully cooked. Remember to check your meat with a meat themometer before removing it.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
While Chicken Fajitas Air Fryer is amazing, check out some of my other favorite and easy recipes, and remember. At the same time, I made ninja foodi chicken fajitas, and you can make these in any air fryer basket or even model. This is one of my favorite authentic chicken fajitas recipes!
- AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON
- AIR FRYER TYSON CRISPY CHICKEN STRIPS
- FROZEN CHICKEN BREAST IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER PESTO CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN TENDERS
- 24 OF THE BEST AIR FRYER CHICKEN TENDERS YOU’LL EVER MAKE
- AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE
- 1-2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3-4 Mini Sweet Peppers (Red, Orange, & Yellow)
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil (Or Avocado Oil)
- 1 ½ Tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- ½ a Lime
- Cut chicken into smaller strips. Add chicken to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cut Peppers into ½ inch thick rings. Add peppers to the bowl with the chicken.
- Cut onion into smaller pieces as well. Add the onions to the bowl.
- Finally, add the chopped cilantro to the bowl.
- Next, add the canola oil and the fajita seasoning to the bowl.
- Squeeze the lime half into the bowl.
- Using a spatula, mix everything around well.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Set timer for 4 minutes. When the timer goes off, stir the chicken around with a spatula to ensure even cooking.
- Cook for an additional 4-6 minutes.
- Chicken is ready when it has a nice brown color and internally reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the air fryer.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- These Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas are so easy to make. They’re ready in less than twenty minutes. And full of flavor! Eat-in a tortilla or taco shell with your favorite toppings, add to rice, or place on top of a salad!
- You can use any cooking oil; Avocado Oil works well too. I prefer Canola because it has a high smoke point.
- You can use chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins.
- You can make your own fajita seasoning instead of using a packet. In a bowl, combine 1 Tbsp Cumin, 1 Tbsp Chili Powder, 1 Tsp Granulated Sugar, 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika, 1 Tsp Onion Powder, 1 Tsp Garlic Powder, and 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper. Mix well!
- Fajitas will be best kept in the fridge and eaten within 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.