Do you love Cajun food? If you do, you’re going to love this recipe for Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Pasta. It’s easy to make and it’s loaded with flavor. Plus, it’s a healthy meal that the whole family will enjoy. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
Welcome to my kitchen! Today, we’re making an easy and delicious cajun chicken pasta dish with an air fryer.
Are you looking for a delicious and easy weeknight meal? Well, look no further than this Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Pasta! This dish is both flavorful and simple to make – perfect for a busy weeknight. Plus, the air fryer does all the work for you, so it’s a great way to cook dinner if you’re short on time. Give this dish a try tonight – you won’t be disappointed!
What Is Cajun Pasta?
Cajun pasta is a type of dish that is made with Cajun spices. It is a popular dish in the southern United States, and it can be made with any type of pasta. You can add shrimp, crawfish, or chicken to the mix for a delicious and hearty meal. Today we’re going to show you how to make this classic dish at home, using your air fryer!
So sit back, relax, and let us teach you everything you need to know about cooking Cajun pasta like a pro!
Why Make Pasta Dinners Using The Air Fryer
When it comes to cooking pasta dinners, the air fryer can be a great option. Compared to other cooking methods, the air fryer is a healthier way to prepare dinner. It also doesn’t require a lot of preparation time or cleanup. In this recipe, we’ll share my recipe for a simple Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Pasta Dinner!
So, if you’re looking for an easy and healthy way to cook pasta, the air fryer is definitely worth checking out!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Pasta
Think you need a lot of ingredients to make a delicious dish? Think again! This cajun chicken pasta only requires six simple ingredients, and it’s perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Plus, the air fryer does all the hard work for you, so it’s crispy and flavorful without any added oils or fats. Give it a try tonight!
- Chicken: I used boneless skinless chicken breast, you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Olive Oil: You can also use unsalted butter
- Onions: Use regular, sweet onions, or Vivaldaia onions.
- Psata: Use etiehr penne pasta or ziti pasta.
- Tomatoes: Use fire-roasted diced tomatoes or regular tomatoes.
- Chicken Broth: Or use chicken stock, homemade or store-bought
- Cream Cheese: Use room temperature cream cheese.
- Seasonings/Spices: Smoked Paprika, Oregano, Thyme, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, and Salt.
How To Cook Cajun Chicken Pasta In The Air Fryer
In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasonings until well blended. Pat the rinsed chicken breasts dry and spray both sides with the cooking spray. Rub the seasoning mixture onto the chicken breasts on both sides to coat evenly.
Working in batches if needed, place chicken breasts in your air fryer basket and set the air fryer setting to 375F. Cook for 14-16 minutes, flipping halfway. Chicken is finished cooking when the internal temperature reaches 165F.
Prepare the pasta, as directed, on the package.
In a large skillet add the butter and onions. Saute until the onions are translucent, fold in the fire-roasted tomatoes, and chicken broth, and mix well. Bring to a small simmer, and remove from heat. When the pasta is fully cooked, fold in the drained pasta, add the cream cheese, and mix until the cream cheese is melted, toss in the chicken, and mix well, right before serving.
What To Serve With Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cajun chicken pasta is a popular dish, and for good reason. It’s flavorful and hearty, perfect for a winter meal. But what should you serve with it? Here are some ideas that will complement the spicy flavors of the chicken pasta dish perfectly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use shrimp instead?
Yes, you can, although the cooking time will need to be adjusted, you can easily change the chicken out for shrimp, cook the shrimp at 400 degrees F, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any of your favorite pasta, including ziti, penne, spaghetti, linguine, etc.
What type of cajun seasoning can I use?
I made a simple homemade cajun seasoning, but you can easily buy one, and substitute it, for the homemade cajun seasoning. My favorite store-bought cajun seasoning can be purchased here.
More Easy Air Fryer Meals
If you’re like me, you love your air fryer. It makes quick, easy, and healthy meals without all the fuss of traditional cooking. But sometimes it’s hard to come up with new ideas for what to cook in your air fryer. That’s why I’ve put together this list of easy air fryer meals that will have you cooking like a pro in no time! Enjoy!
Ninja Foodi Whole Roasted Chicken: If you’re a fan of roasted chicken, the Ninja Foodi may be the appliance for you. With its air fryer and rotisserie features, you can achieve that crispy skin and juicy meat with little effort. Follow our simple tutorial to learn how to make roasted chicken in your Ninja Foodi. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is!
Air Fryer Taco Casserole: If you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal, this air fryer taco casserole is perfect! It only takes a few minutes to prepare, and the air fryer does all the work. You’ll love the delicious Mexican flavor of this casserole. Plus, it’s healthy and affordable – perfect for busy families. Thanks for reading!
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas: Are you looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy steak fajitas? If so, then you’ll want to check out this recipe for air fryer steak fajitas. They’re easy to make and taste great! Plus, they’re a lot healthier than traditional fajitas, thanks to the air fryer. So give them a try today! You won’t be disappointed!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, and skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound dry pasta, penne or ziti
- 15 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasonings until well blended. Pat the rinsed chicken breasts dry and spray both sides with the cooking spray. Rub the seasoning mixture onto the chicken breasts on both sides to coat evenly.
- Working in batches if needed, place chicken breasts in your air fryer basket and set the air fryer setting to 375F. Cook for 14-16 minutes, flipping halfway. Chicken is finished cooking when the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Prepare the pasta, as directed, on the package, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet add the butter and onions. Saute until the onions are translucent, fold in the fire-roasted tomatoes, and chicken broth, and mix well. Bring to a small simmer, and remove from heat. When the pasta is fully cooked, fold in the drained pasta, add the cream cheese, and mix until the cream cheese is melted, toss in the chicken, and mix well, right before serving.
- Air Fryer