Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Tenders are a simple and delicious way to make homemade chicken pesto tenders in minutes.
Today, I served them over a plate of spaghetti and garnished it with cherry tomatoes and some shredded fresh basil for a one-plate meal.
Easy peasy, one of my favorite hacks, there is nothing better than making a complete meal in the Air Fryer, and my kids loved it. And it’s filled with flavor and protein, guaranteed to keep the kids full for a while.
If you are looking for some other Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorites: are AIR FRYER CHICKEN CUTLETS, AIR FRYER PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN TENDERS, BBQ AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST and my kid’s absolute favorite, AIR FRYER COPYCAT KFC SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH.
What Is Pesto?
Pesto is a combination of fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
Pesto is one of the easiest homemade sauces that you can prepare in minutes. You can use it on almost any protein or a plate of pasta. I love making it in the summer since basil is so great and fragrant when you pick it up at the farmer’s market.
How To Make Pesto
Pesto is so easy to make. All you need to do is use a food processor and blend the ingredients.
For best results, use it soon after making pesto.
How To Make Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Tenders
Coat the pesto on the chicken, covering both sides. Transfer the pesto-covered chicken to the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 3-5 minutes until fully cooked.
The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees F. The best way to tell if the chicken is fully cooked would be using a meat thermometer.
How to store leftovers
If you have any leftover Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Tenders let them cool to room temperature, then place them into an airtight container.
Place the container into the refrigerator, where they will last for about 3 to 4 days.
How to reheat leftovers
If you would like to reheat the Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Tenders, place them back into the air fryer, and air fry for about 3 to 4 minutes, at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Heat them until they are warmed through. If you want, you can baste them with pesto sauce before air frying.
How to freeze pesto chicken tenders
This is a great and easy recipe to make-ahead or freeze. If you would like to freeze, you can make them cooked or uncooked.
After you baste them in the pesto sauce, place them on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper. Pop the baking sheet into the freezer, and freeze until solid.
To use frozen: (Uncooked) Place the frozen Pesto Chicken Tenders into the air fryer basket, and air fry at 375 degrees F, air fryer setting for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
To use frozen: (Cooked) Place the frozen Pesto Chicken Tenders into the air fryer basket, and air fry at 375 degrees F, air fryer setting for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway
If you are looking for more Air Fryer Chicken Recipes–Try These!
- AIR FRYER FROZEN ORANGE CHICKEN
- 24 OF THE BEST AIR FRYER CHICKEN TENDERS YOU’LL EVER MAKE
- AIR FRYER PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER EASY CHICKEN TENDERS
- BBQ AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST
- AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken breasts cut into medium pieces
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Optional: Cooked Spaghetti, Cherry Tomatoes, Fresh Basil
- Blend basil, cashews, parmesan, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoon olive into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Add salt and pepper onto the chicken pieces and spread the prepared pesto on top of the chicken. Toss well.
- Transfer the pesto-covered chicken to the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 3-5 minutes until fully cooked.
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees F. The best way to tell if the chicken is fully cooked would be using a meat thermometer.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
NOTE: You can store cashew basil pesto chicken in an airtight container for 4 days in the refrigerator or can be kept frozen for 3 months in the freezer.