BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Breast is amazing, made with boneless and skinless chicken breast. It’s amazingly flavorful and delicious when made in the air fryer!
If you are looking for a quick meal, whether in the winter or the summer, this is one of my favorites, and it’s made with such few ingredients.
Serve this along with a huge garden salad or a pasta salad for a complete meal. You could also cut the BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Breast up into the chicken and toss it for a homemade chicken salad.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorites are EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN TENDERS, AIR FRYER CHICKEN CORDON BLEU and AIR FRYER WENDY’S SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH.
How to make BBQ Chicken Breast in your Air Fryer?
The key to a great and easy chicken dish relies on the seasoning and the marinate.
Today, I seasoned the chicken with salt and black pepper and then added it to a bowl of my favorite BBQ sauce. Covered it and let it sit in the refrigerator until the chicken absorbs a lot of flavors.
This is a great make ahead meal.
The chicken can marinade from thirty minutes, to overnight.
How To Make BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer BBQ Chicken:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- BBQ Sauce, Either Homemade or Store-bought
- Black Pepper
- Any Other Seasonings You want
How To Cook BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, and then add to a bowl, pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken.
Cover and refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, to overnight.
Prehaet your air fyerr to 400 degrees F, air fyrer setting, for 5 minutes. Then place the chicken into the basket, leaving space in between the pieces.
Air fry for 8-10 minutes. flipping halfway.
How To Tell if Air Fryer BBQ Chicken is Done
The easiest way to tell if the chicken is done is to stick a meat thermometer into the center of the thickest part of the chicken.
The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
How To Store Leftover BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Breast
If you have any leftover BBQ chicken, let it cool to room temperature, and then place it into an airtight or plastic sealable bag.
Place the container into the refrigerator, and it will last between 3 to 4 days.
To Reheat In The Air Fryer: Place the chicken into the air fryer, and heat at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, until warmed through. About 5 to 7 minutes.
Where does BBQ Chicken come from?
BBQ chicken really comes from colonial times in America. Where they are would roast a whole pig, BBQ style.
Since then, we started to roast chicken and chicken parts with BBQ sauce. Every culture has its own distinctive BBQ sauce.
Even parts of the United States have it’s own styles, depending on if you are in Northern or Southern North America.
How should I cook BBQ Chicken in the air fryer to get it perfect?
They keys for a perfect BBQ chicken in the air fryer are preheating and the sauce.
You want the charred taste of a traditional BBQ chicken, which is great when you really want BBQ flavor.
What BBQ Sauce Should I Use?
I always tell everyone to use what they love to eat. My son’s favorite is Sweet Baby’s Rays, which is what we always use.
Some other Great BBQ Sauces, (affiliate links)
- Capital City Mambo Sauce – Variety 2-pack of Sweet Hot and Mild Mambo Sauce – Washington DC Wing Sauces (Two 12 oz bottles); Perfect for wings, chicken, pork, beef, and seafood
- Bachan’s – The Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce, 17 Ounces. Small Batch, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan and BPA free
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes-
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT KFC FRIED CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- AIR FRYER BANG BANG CHICKEN
- 4 bonless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, and then add to a bowl, pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. Then place the chicken into the basket, leaving space in between the pieces.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes. flipping halfway.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 888mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 38g
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on ForkToSpoon.com should only be used as a general guideline.