Calling all spice lovers! Looking for a delicious and healthy snack, you can whip up in minutes? Say hello to air-fried sweet potato fries with a spicy kick. Try our new recipe for Spicy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries!
These easy-to-make tasty treats are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and full of flavor from just the right amount of heat. Not only have we doused our fries in zesty spices, but they’re also deliciously low in fat, so you don’t need to worry about compromising your healthier lifestyle choices. Get ready to shake things up – these Spicy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries will tantalize your taste buds like never before!
If you have been looking for your favorite spicy sweet potato fries without deep frying, this recipe is for you!
The Best Spicy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Nothing beats a big plate of hot and spicy sweet potato fries! These crispy-on-the-outside, juicy, sweet, and spicy pieces of deliciousness will surely bring smiles to your face. Whether looking for a healthy snack or meal accompaniment, these fantastic fries satisfy even the most selective taste buds. So how do you make them? Well, it starts by selecting fresh ingredients and setting aside the time for prepping; however, don’t let this deter you—our recipe is fairly straightforward! In this recipe, we’ll look at all the steps involved in crafting perfection from start to finish and show you everything that goes into making flavorful yet healthful spiced-up sweet potatoes!
This is the perfect appetizer for the upcoming gameday, and of course, it’s much better than serving junk food! So next time you want to make a perfect snack, up your french fry game, by making these crispy sweet potato fries! You won’t be disappointed!
Ingredients Needed For Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
Craving something deliciously spicy and sweet? Sweet potato fries are the perfect dish to whip up and satisfy your tastebuds. If you’re unsure what ingredients are needed to get that delectable balance of savory, sweet, and spicy in each fry, then look no further! With just a few simple steps, your kitchen will soon be filled with the tantalizing aroma of these irresistible morsels. So grab an apron, preheat that oven, and get ready for an amazing treat!
The full recipe and step-by-step instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Sweet Potatoes: Use firm sweet potatoes
- Oil: Use a blend of olive oil and Chili Oil
- Seasonings and Spices: Garlic Powder, Ground Ginger, Ground Coriander, Black Pepper, and Kosher Salt
- Serving: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How To Cook Air Fried Sweet Potato Fries
Are you looking for a delicious, healthier alternative to traditional French fries? Sweet potato fries are both delicious and nutritious – but what if I told you that they could be even better when made in an air fryer? That’s right! Air-fried sweet potato fries are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They cook up incredibly quickly, making them perfect for busy weeknight meals or when you need something fast. With only a little bit of oil and with the seasonings for the spicy kick, you will get a perfect side dish every time!
Step One: Cut Your Fries
Start by washing and drying your sweet potatoes, then on a cutting board, cut your sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch strips.
Step Two: Coat Your Sweet Potato Fries
Add your sweet potato fries to a large bowl, add the olive oil and chili oil and toss to coat.
Step Three: Air Fry
Place fries into a single layer into the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 16-18 minutes, at 380 degrees f, flipping halfway through the cooking process. Remove when fork tender.
Step Four: Season Your Sweet potato Fries
Add the seasonings to the sweet potato fries, and then return to the air fryer and set the cook time to 4-6 minutes at 400 degrees F,
Step Five: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or a dash of red chili powder.
- Don’t overcrowd – Give your fries enough room to cook evenly. Overcrowding will lead to soggy, undercooked potato fries.
- Timing: Since all air fryers as slightly different, the cooking time will vary, so for best results, check on your sweet potatoes frequently as they cook up. Check your fries every few minutes as they cook to ensure they don’t burn or overcook.
- Flipping: Sprinkle your favorite seasonings onto the fries before and after flipping to ensure even and maximum flavor
- Seasonings: Some great seasonings to add to your sweet potato wedges are cayenne pepper, brown sugar, onion powder, or cajun seasoning. Any seasoning blend will work.
- Size Of Your Fries: Depending on the thickness of your slices, remember thick slices will cook slower than thinner fries.
What To Serve With Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries are a delicious and healthy alternative to classic French fries. While their sweetness makes them an ideal companion for sweet dishes, they also pair well with savory flavors. Here are some ideas for what to serve with sweet potato fries:
1. Salads: A light green salad is a perfect accompaniment to sweet potato fries. Combining fresh, leafy greens with crunchy sweet potatoes is a great way to balance your meal.
2. Sandwiches: Whether you’re having a burger or a grilled cheese sandwich, adding sweet potato fries on the side can make your meal even better.
3. Dipping Sauces: Sweet potato fries pair particularly well with dipping sauces. Try dipping them in BBQ, maple syrup, spicy sauce, fry sauce, sriracha mayo, honey mustard, mayo-ketchup mix, or any spicy dipping sauce for extra flavor.
4. Sides: Sweet potato fries are a great side to any main dish. Whether you’re serving grilled chicken or pork chops, sweet potato fries make a delicious addition.
Whatever you decide to serve with your sweet potato fries, they are sure to be a hit! Enjoy!
Are Sweet Potato Fries Healthy
Sweet potato fries are a popular side dish in many restaurants and cafeterias. While they may be a tasty snack, are sweet potato fries healthy?
The answer is yes! Sweet potatoes are packed with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that can reduce inflammation and help protect against vision loss. They also contain dietary fiber, which helps keep you full and can aid digestion. Plus, sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, a nutrient that helps keep your skin looking healthy and promotes a strong immune system.
In addition to beta carotene, sweet potatoes have many other health benefits. They’re rich in vitamins C and B6, which can help with energy production and reduce stress. Sweet potatoes also contain potassium, a mineral that helps regulate blood pressure, and iron and magnesium for better bone health.
Overall, sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to traditional french fries due to their high nutrient content. So the next time you’re looking for a snack, opt for sweet potato fries instead! They’re delicious and packed with health benefits.
How To Store Sweet Potato Fries
The best option to store cooked leftover fries is to place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. If you are not going to eat them within a day or two,
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CUPCAKES
- AIR FRYER CHEESY SAUSAGE PIZZA BREAD
- EASY AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHERRY CUPCAKES
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- AIR FRYER PARMESAN CAULIFLOWER
- EASY AIR FRYER SWEET CHILI CHICKEN BITES
Spicy air fryer sweet potato fries are the perfect dish for you if you’re after a delicious and convenient snack that is still healthier than most fried foods. Whether hot and crispy or salty with a hint of sweetness, this recipe allows you to adjust it to your tastes and preferences.
Spicy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 large sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chili oil, or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt
- Start by washing and drying your sweet potatoes, then on a cutting board, cut your sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch strips.
- Add your sweet potato fries to a large bowl, add the olive oil and chili oil and toss to coat.
- Place fries into a single layer into the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 16-18 minutes, at 380 degrees f, flipping halfway through the cooking process. Remove when fork tender.
- Add the seasonings to the sweet potato fries, and then return to the air fryer and set the cooking time to 4-6 minutes at 400 degrees F,
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or a dash of red chili powder.
- Air Fryer