Air Fryer Cheesy Sausage Pizza Bread — Who doesn’t love pizza? Who wouldn’t want a slice of hot, cheesy pizza right from the oven? Who couldn’t get enough of that gooey cheese and crispy crust? If you’re like me, this recipe is for you. I’m going to show you how to make Air Fryer Cheesy Sausage Pizza Bread. It’s quick, easy, and tastes like your favorite restaurant’s deep-dish pizza! The best part is that it only takes one pan (and no dough), so cleanup will be a breeze.
The best part about cooking is the delicious ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ you get from your family or guests. It’s even more exciting when they are impressed by something easy to make! This pizza bread recipe will have them taking a second look at what you’re making, so let’s dive in!
Easy Air Fryer Pizza Bread Recipe
If you love pizza, you’ll love this easy pizza bread recipe. It’s simple to make and tastes delicious. The best part is that you can customize it any way you want. So, whether you’re in the mood for pepperoni and cheese or Sausage and mushrooms, this recipe is sure to please. Give it a try today!
What Is Pizza Bread?
Pizza Bread is a quick and easy dinner recipe that uses pizza dough for the dough, then is topped with mozzarella cheese, Italian Sausage, and any other toppings you want. Depending on your preference, you can enjoy it with or without a drizzle of marinara sauce.
The best part of this recipe is that it’s not just for kids! You can make this dish in less than 20 minutes, right in your air fryer!
This recipe will tell you everything about Pizza Bread, from preparing it to the needed ingredients. Don’t worry, though, because we have a step-by-step tutorial that shows you exactly what to do!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cheesy Sausage Pizza Bread
- Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- Mild or Hot Italian Sausage
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- All-Purpose Flour
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Minced Garlic
- Seasonings: Fennel Seeds, Red Pepper Flakes, Dried Oregano, Garlic Salt, and Salt
- Marinara or Pizza Sauce
How To Make Air Fryer Cheesy Sausage Pizza Bread
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add the sausages, crumbling it as it cooks up, then add your fennel seeds and red pepper flakes. Cook until the sausage is fully cooked. Add your spinach leaves, and saute until they are wilted. Remove from heat.
Add your egg, oregano, and the garlic salad to a small bowl, and mix until well blended. Then fold in the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Add your dough on a floured surface and roll it out until it’s in rectangle shape. Add the sausage filling into the center of the dough, leaving about a ⅓ inch border on all sides. Roll up.
Add the pizza bread to a parchment or silicone-lined air fryer basket. Brush with olive oil, and season with the dried oregano. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the dough is cooked. Depending on your air fryer, you may have to flip it halfway during the cooking process.
When the pizza bread is almost done cooking, brush with the melted butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese, right before serving.
Serve with marinara or pizza sauce.
Tips for Making Pizza Bread
Dough: You can use either homemade dough or pre-made dough. The recipe will remain the same. Make sure that your dough thickness is about 1/3 inch thick, which will allow for the dough to be fully cooked. Any thicker, the air fryer will have a hard time cooking all the way through.
Parchment Paper: To best results and reduce the risk of the pizza bread falling apart, assemble the pizza bread on top of a piece of parchment paper or a reusable air fryer silicone liner. This way, when you move it, the dough and toppings do not fall off.
Size: The size of the pizza bread will be determined by the size of your air fryer. If you have a smaller air fryer, you can make several small pizza breads.
Making This Recipe In An Air Fryer Oven: If you are making this recipe in an air fryer oven, you should place the bread on the lowest tray. This way, the outside and inside will cook at about the same time.
What Type of Italian Sausage To Use?
You can make sausages from pork, beef, lamb, turkey, chicken, and venison. They can also be made from a mixture of meats. Each country has its type of sausage that is popular in that region. In the U.S., we have many kinds, including clouding Italian sausage, bratwurst, chorizo, and kielbasa. You can use any of your favorite sausages listed. The recipe will remain the same.
Can I Use A Different Type of Cheese?
Yes. Today I used a traditional shredded mozzarella chees,e but you really can use any o your favorite cheese in this recipe.
Some great options would be shredded provolone, gouda, or even fresh mozzarella sliced. For best results, use freshly shredded cheese, which will melt amazingly. Remember, pre-shredded cheese is coated with cellulose, which causes the cheese to melt differently than freshly grated or shredded cheese.
How To Store:
If you have any leftover Air Fryer Cheesy Sausage Pizza Bread, let it cool to room temperature and place it into an airtight container. It will last for 3 to 5 days. You can reheat in the air fryer or the microwave, heat until warmed through. For best results, brush with melted butter before reheating.
Can You Freeze Pizza Bread?
Yes! Double the recipe and freeze two loaves, one of the loaves, or make a batch of smaller pizza breads and freeze some of them.
For best results, air fry the bread up, and then let them cool to room temperature. When the pizza bread is thoroughly cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and then in foil. Place the wrapped pizza bread into a freezer bag, freeze for 1 to 2 months.
Defrost the bread overnight and then reheat it in the air fryer or the microwave.
What to Serve With Pizza Bread
For the most part, pizza is served with a variety of toppings. But what do you serve with pizza bread? It is essential to ensure that your guests have plenty of choices for their meals.
An excellent way to offer them different options is by serving an appetizer and dessert. One option would be Air Fryer Garlic Knots, while another could be Air Fryer Brownies or Air Fryer Cannolis since they are usually made in pairs.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BOSTON BROWN BREAD
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS MAPLE BACON CROISSANTS
- AIR FRYER MAPLE BACON DIP
- AIR FRYER PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO
Air Fryer Cheesy Sausage Pizza Bread
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, hot or mild
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pizza or marinara saudce
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add the sausages, crumbling it as it cooks up, then add your fennel seeds and red pepper flakes. Cook until the sausage is fully cooked. Add your spinach leaves, and saute until they are wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add your egg, oregano, and the garlic salad to a small bowl, and mix until well blended. Then fold in the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add your dough on a floured surface and roll it out until it's in rectangle shape. Add the sausage filling into the center of the dough, leaving about a ⅓ inch border on all sides. Roll up.
- Add the pizza bread to a parchment or silicone-lined air fryer basket. Brush with olive oil, and season with the dried oregano. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the dough is cooked. Depending on your air fryer, you may have to flip it halfway during the cooking process.
- When the pizza bread is almost done cooking, brush with the melted butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese, right before serving.
- Serve with marinara or pizza sauce.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Parchment Paper
- Air Fryer