Air Fryer Mozzarella Pizza Bread –There’s nothing like a slice of pizza, and today we will take that one step further. The air fryer is the newest kitchen gadget that can turn your favorite foods into healthier versions of themselves, and this recipe for Air Fryer Mozzarella Pizza Bread will show you how it works! All you need are some basic ingredients and an air fryer (or oven) to produce a crispy, crunchy crust with lots of flavors. This dish is excellent as an appetizer or the main course – let your imagination run wild!
Mozzarella pizza bread is a quick and easy recipe for your new favorite way to enjoy pizza. It’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have the time or energy to roll out the dough! You need an air fryer, some ingredients, and a few minutes of prep time.
What Is Air Fryer Mozzarella Pizza Bread?
Do you love pizza but are trying to watch your waistline? Do you want the taste of a pizza without worrying about all the carbs and calories? The Air Fryer Mozzarella Pizza Bread is the dish for you! This recipe is easy, quick, and delicious. Plus, you can customize it with any toppings that tickle your fancy. Don’t miss out on this new way to enjoy your favorite food!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Mozzarella Pizza Bread
- Sourdough Bread: Either use whole or even Sourdough rolls, depending on what will fit your air fryer basket or oven. Store-bought or homemade sourdough will work in this recipe.
- Butter: Unsalted butter will work best.
- Cheeses: Used bother shredded mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan cheese to take on a classic Italian pizza.
- Seasonings: Oregano, Garlic Salt for the traditional taste of a pizza. Serve with some fresh herbs, either parsley, oregano, or even basil, and they will bring out the Italian flair of this dish!
- Optional: Pizza or Marirara Suace. Great for dipping!
How To Make Air Fryer Mozzarella Pizza Bread
Slice your bread lengthwise and then crosswise. Careful not to cut through the bread.
Melt your butter, and then add your oregano and garlic salt. Sprinkle the melted butter mixture into the cavities of the bread.
Add your two kinds of cheese to a small bowl and toss to mix. Fill the cavities with the cheese mixtures, and add the rest of the butter mixture on top. Using foil wrap your bread tightly with aluminum foil.
Add your bread to the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the foil and air fry until the cheese is melted. Serve with marinara sauce.
- Cutting: Use a sharp knife to cut this bread. I recommend using a serrated knife. This way, the blade cuts perfectly through the bread.
- Cheese: For best results, use freshly grated cheese. Otherwise, you will find that pre-shredded will not melt as well as newly shredded cheese. Since it contains a coating, cellulose helps shred the cheese in the plastic bag.
- Vegan: If you want to make this dish vegan, you can easily switch out the butter and cheese for vegan options. My favorites are Daiya, Vegan Foods, GoVeggie!, and Follow Your Heart.
- Bread Size: Depending on your air fryer, you may be able to do several Artisan Rolls or one large loaf. Make sure to leave space around the basket to allow the air to flow, which will cook up your bread perfectly freely!
Do I Have To Use Sourdough Bread?
No, I used a great sourdough bread, which reminded me of the taste of pizza dough, so I recommended it. You can use any bread you want, and some great options are Garlic Parmesan Herb Bread, Italian bread, or even a simple Artisan Loaf.
Most grocery stores now have a line of homemade store-baked bread, so find your favorite!
Can I use Fresh Herbs In Place of Dried Ones?
I love adding fresh herbs after my Air Fryer Mozzarella Pizza Bread. I find that it creates a fantastic aroma and flavor.
How To Store:
If you have any leftover pizza bread by chance, let it cool to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container. It will last in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Place it back into the air fryer to reheat and heat until the cheese is bubbling!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Mozzarella Pizza Bread
- 1 large Sourdough Bread Loaf
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- Slice your bread lengthwise and then crosswise, careful not to cut through the bread.
- Melt your butter, and then add your oregano and garlic salt. Sprinkle the melted butter mixture into the cavities of the bread.
- In a small bowl, add your two kinds of cheese, and toss to mix. Fill the cavities with the cheese mixtures, add the rest of the butter mixture on top. Using foil, wrap your bread tightly with aluminum foil.
- Add your bread to the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the foil and air fry until the cheese is melted. Serve with marinara sauce.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Aluminum Foil
- Air Fryer