Copycat Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Oil — Do you love going to Carrabba’s for its delicious Italian-style cuisine? This easy copycat recipe will give you the same flavor in your kitchen!
With just a few ingredients and one simple preparation step, it won’t take long to have homemade bread dipping oil that rivals the restaurant version. From mixing up batches to storing them while preserving freshness, we’ll walk you through every step of making Carrabba’s signature item at home. So let’s get cooking and explore the wonders of aromatic herbs as we make a fantastic side dish that will surely delight all your dinner guests.
What Is Bread Dipping Oil?
Bread dipping oil is a flavorful mixture typically served as an appetizer or accompaniment to bread. It contains various ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, herbs, spices, garlic, and sometimes vinegar or citrus juice.
The oil is often infused with aromatic herbs like rosemary, thyme, or basil, which add depth and fragrance to the mixture. Bread dipping oil is meant to be drizzled over crusty bread or baguette slices, allowing the bread to soak up the flavors and enhance the overall dining experience. It provides a delightful combination of savory, herbal, and sometimes tangy notes that elevate the simple act of dipping bread into a satisfying and delicious culinary experience.
Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Oil
Indulge in the irresistible flavors of Copycat Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Oil right in the comfort of your own home! This exquisite appetizer is a true crowd-pleaser, featuring a combination of aromatic herbs, garlic, and tangy balsamic vinegar, all perfectly blended with high-quality extra virgin olive oil.
The result is a tantalizing dipping oil that elevates any bread to new heights. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, enjoying a cozy night in, or simply craving a taste of Carrabba’s, this homemade version of their famous bread dipping oil will surely impress. So grab a crusty baguette, drizzle a generous amount of this flavorful oil, and get ready to savor every bite. This recipe brings the essence of an Italian restaurant to your table, allowing you to enjoy the essence of Carrabba’s right in your own kitchen.
Ingredients Needed For Copycat Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Oil
Have you ever been to Carrabba’s and tasted their bread dipping oil? If so, then you know how unique and delicious it is! You might be wondering how they make that amazing flavor — after all, it can’t just be olive oil!
Below, we’ll give you a breakdown of the ingredients needed to make your own Copycat Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Oil right at home. Everything from what kind of herbs to use to how much garlic will be revealed in detail. So let’s start making some flavorful dipping oil that can accompany any dinner or special occasion meal.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: The star of the show, high-quality extra virgin olive oil provides a smooth and rich base for the dipping oil, bringing its distinct fruity flavor and aroma.
- Dried Herbs: A blend of dried herbs such as basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary infuses the oil with aromatic flavors reminiscent of Mediterranean cuisine.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic cloves or minced garlic contribute a pungent and savory taste, enhancing the overall flavor profile of the dipping oil.
- Red Pepper Flakes: Optional but highly recommended, red pepper flakes add subtle heat and spice to the oil, providing a delightful kick.
- Salt and Pepper: Seasonings like salt and black pepper help bring out the flavors of the other ingredients, providing a well-balanced and harmonious taste.
How To Make Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Oil
Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Oil is a true classic. This garlicky olive oil blend has been bringing friends and family together around the dinner table for generations – and it’s simple to make at home too! Packed with fragrant herbs and aromatic garlic, this flavorful dip will take your meal from ordinary to extraordinary in no time. So what are you waiting for? Let’s start making our homemade version of Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Oil so you can experience all its deliciousness without leaving your kitchen!
Step One: Combine The Ingredients
In a small bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil. Add the dried basil, oregano, dried thyme, rosemary, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) to the bowl—season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step Two: Whisk Well
Whisk or stir the ingredients together until well combined. Let the mixture sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired.
Step Three: Serving
Serve the bread dipping oil in a shallow dish alongside freshly baked bread or crusty baguette slices.
Pro Tips For The Best Carrabba’s Olive Oil Bread Dip
Here are some pro tips to help you make the best Carrabba’s Olive Oil Bread Dip:
- Use high-quality ingredients: Since the bread dip is simple and relies on the quality of the ingredients, opt for extra virgin olive oil with a rich and robust flavor. Also, choose fresh and aromatic herbs for the best results.
- Let it marinate: Allow the flavors to meld together by preparing the dip in advance. Cover the bowl and let it sit at room temperature for at least an hour before serving. This will intensify the flavors and make the dip even more delicious.
- Customize the herb blend: Experiment with the herb combination to suit your taste preferences. You can add herbs like marjoram, parsley, or even a pinch of dried thyme to enhance the flavor complexity.
- Freshly minced garlic: For the best garlic flavor, use freshly minced garlic cloves rather than pre-minced or powdered garlic. This will give the dip a more pronounced and aromatic garlic taste.
- Adjust the seasoning: Taste the dip and adjust the seasonings according to your preferences. Add more salt, pepper, or herbs to balance the flavors and make it uniquely your own.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread: To truly enjoy the Carrabba’s experience, serve the bread dip with warm, crusty Italian or French bread. Slice the bread into bite-sized pieces for easy dipping.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan: For extra flavor, sprinkle some freshly grated cheese over the dip just before serving. It will add a savory and nutty element that complements the olive oil and herbs.
- Double the batch: If you’re serving a larger group or know the bread dip is always a hit, consider doubling the recipe. This way, you’ll have plenty to go around, and guests can dip to their heart’s content.
By following these pro tips, you can create a delicious and authentic Carrabba’s Olive Oil Bread Dip that will impress your guests or satisfy your own cravings. Enjoy the combination of flavors and the simple pleasure of dipping warm bread into aromatic and herb-infused olive oil.
Can I use flavored olive oil?
While traditional Carrabba’s bread dip typically uses plain extra virgin olive oil, you can experiment with flavored olive oils to add a unique twist. Flavored oils like garlic-infused, herb-infused, or lemon-infused can add additional layers of flavor to the dip.
Can I make the bread dip in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the bread dip in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. However, remember that the olive oil may solidify in the fridge, so take it out and let it come to room temperature before serving.
How long does the bread dip last?
The bread dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. However, note that the flavors may become stronger over time, so adjust the seasonings accordingly when serving leftover dip.
Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried ones?
Absolutely! Fresh herbs can add vibrant flavors to the bread dip. You may need to double the amount of fresh herbs as they have a milder flavor than dried herbs.
Can I make the dip spicy?
Yes, if you prefer a spicier version, add red pepper flakes or even a pinch of cayenne pepper to the bread dip. Adjust the amount according to your desired level of heat.
Can I customize the dip by adding other ingredients?
Yes, you can get creative and add your own twist to the bread dip. Some variations include adding grated Parmesan cheese, minced sun-dried tomatoes, or a splash of balsamic vinegar. Feel free to experiment and find your favorite combination.
Can I use the bread dip for other purposes?
Absolutely! While it’s commonly used as a bread dip, you can also drizzle it over salads or roasted vegetables or use it as a marinade for grilled meats. The versatile flavors of the bread dip can enhance various dishes.
More Copycat Recipes
- COPYCAT BURGER RECIPES IN THE AIR FRYER!
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT CHICK-FIL-A CHICKEN MINIS
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT ZAXBY’S CHICKEN FINGERS
- NINJA CREAMI COPYCAT SONIC NERDS SLUSHES
- COPYCAT A1 STEAK SAUCE
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT CRUMBL ICED OATMEAL COOKIES
Copycat Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, freshly crushed or minced
- In a small bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil, and add the seasonings and red pepper flakes (if using) to the bowl—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk or stir the ingredients together until well combined. Let the mixture sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired
- Serve the bread dipping oil in a shallow dish alongside freshly baked bread or crusty baguette slices.
- Mixing Bowl