Air Fryer Pizza Melt is one of my favorite grilled cheeses, smothered in pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni; it’s amazingly delicious!
If you love air fryer grilled cheese, you will absolutely love this; it’s a great taste of pizza, all in an air-fried sandwich. It is simple to make and absolutely delish. I love a great grilled sandwich, as does my family, which is one of my favorites. The crispy bread is what grilled cheese is all about, and the air fryer delivers it perfectly.
And it’s so simple. The kids completely went nuts over it; they loved it better than my Air Fryer Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (and they love that)!!
Air Fryer Pizza Melts
Made with the traditional ingredients of a pizza, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slice, and some pizza sauce, make this sandwich taste just real.
All are made in the air fryer.
How To Make Pizza Melts In The Air Fryer
Butter one side of the bread, and then place it flat down in the air fryer basket. Spread about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on the bottom. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top, and then place your pepperoni slices.
Sprinkles some more shredded mozzarella cheese on top and spread another 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on top.
Butter another piece of bread (only 1 side) and place the bread on top, butter side out. Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 minutes. Flipping halfway.
Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipes
The trick to getting stuff to stay put during the cooking process, especially bread and light items is a toothpick; here, I put a toothpick in each corner of the bread. It worked wonderfully, and the result was awesome. I also lifted the grilled cheese by placing it on the trivet that I was lucky to get in my air fryer accessory kit, which meant that the mayonnaise did not stick to the air fryer basket. So, each side had a nice coating.
Healthy Grilled Cheese Recipe
Mayonnaise really gives this grilled cheese incredible flavor. But, if you prefer not, go right ahead and reach for butter or a butter replacement. Many people love the slight change in flavor the mayo gives the grilled cheese. It isn’t a huge difference, but it is delicious.
How To Reheat Grilled Cheese In Air Fryer
Unfortunately, no. You will find this sandwich is best served fresh and warm. Otherwise, your sandwich will lose the crispy texture you know and love from this sandwich.
I recommend making these when you want to eat them.
Sides For Grilled Cheese
- French Fries
- Fruit Salad
Do something simple or whip up your favorite side dish. Go ahead and make whatever sounds good. We tend to do simply like chips and a pickle, or soup.
The Best Pizza Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Make sure not to saturate bread with the mayo or toast up the way you want.
- If you are worried about the sandwich coming apart, put a toothpick or two in the sandwich to secure it.
- You can use any bread you like, from Texas toast, whole wheat, honey oat, classic white, etc.
- Make sure not to overlap the bread, so you get an even cook.
- Also, use the cooking time as a guide. Depending on the bread thickness, the time can cook fast or slower than in the recipe card.
Air Fryer Used In This Recipe
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fryer Pizza Melt
- 4 slices bread
- 3 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 12 pepperoni slices
- Butter one side of the bread, and then place it flat down in the air fryer basket. Spread about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on the bottom. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top, and then place your pepperoni slices.
- Sprinkles some more shredded mozzarella cheese on top and spread another 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on top.
- Butter another piece of bread (only 1 side) and place the bread on top, butter side out. Set the temperature for 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 minutes. Flipping halfway.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer