Today, I wanted to make my kid’s a fun lunch. They are off due to the Teacher’s Conference, planning for the reopening of live school. My kids adore Air Fryer Grilled Cheese, which is why you will find many varieties of them on my website. Today, I wanted to do something in preparation for the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day Holiday; therefore, I give you my take on Air Fryer St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Grilled Cheese.
If you love making and serving your kids (or even your husband) some fun food, this is a great recipe that you can alter out the colors. You could make a variety of holidays, by changing out the food colorings:
- Valentine’s Day Grilled Cheese: Red, Pink, and White
- Easter Day Grilled Cheese-Pastel Colors
- Christmas Grilled Cheese: Red, Green, and White
- Halloween Grilled Cheese: Orange, Black, and White Grilled Cheese
And I know that the Unicorn Grilled Cheese went viral a few years back, so you can either use Rainbow Colors or Unicorn Colors. You could even do Birthday Colors for a special Birthday Treat!
Whatever the occasion this is a fun and easy food to prepare in the air fryer.
Air Fryer St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Grilled Cheese
Today, I went really colorful and used all of the Irish flag colors, but if you want to do it even easier, use Green and White!
All You Need For Air Fryer St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Grilled Cheese:
- Green Cheese
- Orange Cheese
- Yellow Cheese
- White Cheese
Here Is How To Make Air Fryer St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Grilled Cheese
Start by dying your cheese (see the note section after the step-by-step instructions). Then add them in a pattern on top of the bread. You can line up the cheese any way you want. I used a traditional dark green/light green/orange/yellow and white.
Such a festive sandwich! Great for any holiday!
Place your sandwiches into the air fryer basket, set the time for 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. Then flip and air fry the sandwich for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
Since For This Recipe, you need to dye the cheeses, I wanted to go ahead and give you a foolproof way to dye cheeses, not only for this recipe but for all recipes.
How do you dye cheese?
Most of us have never dyed cheese before, but we can all be pros with a couple of ingredients. Here is my method.
- Decide what colors you which to dye your cheese, and then make divide the cheese into the appropriate bowls (if you want 5 colors, divide the cheese into 5 different bowls)
- Add 1 drop of food coloring to each bowl.
- Mix well.
- Let dry for a couple of minutes, before using it, so the color has a chance to set.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes-
- AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE PIZZA SANDWICHES
- AIR FRYER PATTY MELT
- CLASSIC AIR FRYER TUNA MELT GRILLED CHEESE
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT TACO BELL QUESADILLA
- AIR FRYER BLACKBERRY & GOAT CHEESE SANDWICHES
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN,Print
Such a fun lunch or dinner idea, gather around and make this rainbow-inspired lunch, grilled cheese. So fun and so easy!
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Food coloring (Rainbow Colors)
- Cooking Spray
1.Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting.
2.Divide your cheese into 5 different bowls. Put your cheeses in separate bowls.
3. Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl (light green/green/white/orange/gold)
4. Mix well.
5. Spread room temperature butter on the tops of the bread.
6. Place bread butter side down in your air fryer.
7. Add colored cheese in rows (4 rows)
8. Top with another slice of bread, butter side up.
9. Use toothpicks to secure the sandwich together.
10. Air fry on 380 F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes.
11. Flip and fry for 3-5 minutes more, remove as soon as the cheese starts melting.
12. Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Grilled Cheese