Air Fryer Rainbow Grilled Cheese — Looking for a fun and festive way to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day? Why not try making this air fryer St. Patrick’s Day rainbow grilled cheese! It’s easy to make and will please everyone at your potluck or party. Plus, the colors of the rainbow are always cheerful and bright. So why not add a little bit of happiness to your day with this delicious snack?
Today, I wanted to make my kid’s a fun lunch. They are off due to the Teacher’s Conference, planning to reopen live school. My kids adore Air Fryer Grilled Cheese, which is why you will find many varieties of them on my website. Today, I wanted to do something in preparation for the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day Holiday; therefore, I give you my take on Air Fryer St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Grilled Cheese.
If you love making and serving your kids (or even your husband) some fun food, this is a great recipe that you can alter out the colors. You could make a variety of holidays by changing out the food colorings:
- Valentine’s Day Grilled Cheese: Red, Pink, and White
- Easter: Grilled Cheese-Pastel Colors
- Christmas Grilled Cheese: Red, Green, and White
- Halloween Grilled Cheese: Orange, Black, and White Grilled Cheese
And I know that the Unicorn Grilled Cheese went viral a few years back, so you can either use Rainbow Colors or Unicorn Colors. You could even do Birthday Colors for a special Birthday Treat!
Whatever the occasion, this is a fun and easy food to prepare in the air fryer.
What Is Air Fryer Rainbow Grilled Cheese
Are you looking for a fun and easy way to change up your grilled cheese game? Then check out this Air Fryer Rainbow Grilled Cheese! With its vibrant colors and delicious flavor, this is one grilled cheese you won’t want to miss. Plus, it’s simple enough for anyone to make. So what are you waiting for? Get started on your own Air Fryer Rainbow Grilled Cheese today!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Rainbow Grilled Cheese
Today, I went colorful and used all of the Irish flag colors, but if you want to do it even easier, use Green and White!
- Green Cheese
- Orange Cheese
- Yellow Cheese
- White Cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Rainbow Grilled Cheese
Start by dying your cheese (see the note section after the step-by-step instructions). Then add them in a pattern on top of the bread. You can line up the cheese any way you want. I used a traditional dark green/light green/orange/yellow and white.
Such a festive sandwich! Great for any holiday!
Place your sandwiches into the air fryer basket, set the time for 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. Then flip and air fry the sandwich for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
Since you need to dye the cheeses for This Recipe, I wanted to go ahead and give you a foolproof way to dye cheeses, not only for this recipe but for all recipes.
How do you dye cheese?
Most of us have never dyed cheese before, but we can all be pros with a couple of ingredients. Here is my method.
- Decide what colors you which to dye your cheese, and then make divide the cheese into the appropriate bowls (if you want 5 colors, divide the cheese into 5 different bowls)
- Add 1 drop of food coloring to each bowl.
- Mix well.
- Let dry for a couple of minutes before using it, so the color has a chance to set.
More Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes:
- AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE PIZZA SANDWICHES
- AIR FRYER PATTY MELT
- CLASSIC AIR FRYER TUNA MELT GRILLED CHEESE
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT TACO BELL QUESADILLA
- AIR FRYER BLACKBERRY & GOAT CHEESE SANDWICHES
Be sure to tag @ForkToSpoon on Instagram if you share a picture on Instagram! Let’s get social; you can follow me: on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes and Tips.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Rainbow Grilled Cheese
- 4 pieces bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Food Coloring
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Divide your cheese into 5 different bowls. Put your cheeses in separate bowls.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl (light green/green/white/orange/gold)
- Mix well.
- Spread room temperature butter on the tops of the bread.
- Place bread butter side down in your air fryer.
- Add colored cheese in rows (4 rows)
- Top with another slice of bread, butter side up.
- Use toothpicks to secure the sandwich together.
- Air fry on 380 F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes.
- Flip and fry for 3-5 minutes more, remove as soon as the cheese starts melting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer