Alexia Sweet Potato Fries Air Fryer — If you’re a frequent french fry lover just like me but are craving something more nutritious, then Alexia sweet potato fries air fried in your kitchen is the perfect snack! Packed with added vitamins and minerals compared to regular potatoes, these fries taste delicious and provide numerous health benefits.
With its crispy exterior and fluffy interior, it’s no wonder that Alexia sweet potato fries have become a favorite in many households worldwide. Read on to learn how easy it is to make them at home using an air fryer!
Alexia Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
Alexia Sweet Potato Fries are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional French fries. Made with only all-natural ingredients, they are a great source of fiber and vitamins. Cooking them in an air fryer is a popular method that helps to maintain their natural sweetness and crispiness while reducing the amount of oil used, resulting in a healthier and lower-calorie side dish or healthy snack.
In this way, air-frying Alexia Sweet Potato Fries is a quick and easy way to enjoy a flavorful and nutritious snack or side dish without sacrificing taste or health.
Why Cook Alexia Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
Cooking Alexia Sweet Potato Fries in an air fryer is popular because it allows you to enjoy their natural sweetness and crispiness without adding extra oil. Air fryers use hot air to circulate around the food, creating a crispy outer layer while maintaining a tender and moist inside.
The circulating hot air in the air fryer also helps to cook the sweet potato fries faster and more evenly than traditional oven baking, reducing the cooking time and resulting in a more uniform texture.
Additionally, cooking sweet potato fries in an air fryer is a healthier option because it significantly gives you fewer calories since you only use a little bit of oil, resulting in a lower calorie and fat content.
Overall, air frying Alexia Sweet Potato Fries is a convenient and efficient for enjoying a delicious and nutritious side dish or snack.
Ingredients Needed For Alexia Sweet Potato Fries Air Fryer
Alexia sweet potato fries are a delicious and healthy side dish to many meals. They’re an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs for optimum health. Plus, when you make them in the air fryer, they come out crispier than ever! If you’re ready to try this delicious version of fried potatoes in your kitchen, here is everything you need to know about the ingredients.
Remember the step-by-step directions are at the bottom of this post in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Alexia Sweet Potatoes Fries, although the Alexia brand is among my favorite brands, you can also use other frozen sweet potato fries.
- Cooking Spray: Bruwht with vegetable oil, olive oil, or avocado oil, for crispier french fries.
- Sea Salt: For some added flavor
- Favorite Dipping Sauce: Nothing is better with french fries than with your favorite sauce.
How To Cook Alexia Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
Craving a delicious crispy snack? This post will teach you how to prepare Alexia Sweet Potato Fries in your air fryer easily! Air frying is a great way to cook; it uses very little oil and keeps food full of flavor. Plus, sweet potato fries are already a healthier alternative than most fried foods. With just a few simple steps, you can have tasty sweet potatoes ready for snacking within minutes – perfect for the busy family on the go! Read on to find out how to make easy Alexia Sweet Potato Fries in an air fryer – it will be worth the effort!
Step One: Preheat The Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for 3-5 minutes.
Step Two: Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer Time and Temp
Remove the Alexia Sweet Potato Fries from the package and spread them in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket. Lightly spray the sweet potato fries with cooking sprays, such as olive or canola. Place the basket in the air fryer and cook time for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking to ensure that the fries cook evenly.
Check the fries for doneness after 10 minutes by piercing one with a fork. They are done if the fork goes in easily and the fries are crispy. If they need more time, cook for 1-2 minutes.
Step Three: Serving Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Once the sweet potato fries are done, remove them from the air fryer and season them with salt or your favorite seasoning blend, if desired. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
That’s it! Cooking Alexia Sweet Potato Fries in an air fryer is quick and easy, and you can enjoy crispy and flavorful fries in no time.
Pro Tips For Cooking Frozen Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
Here are some pro tips for cooking frozen crispy sweet potato fries:
- Preheat your air fryer: Preheating your air fryer for 5 minutes before cooking will ensure that the fries cook evenly and have a crispy texture.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: Make sure to spread the fries out in a single layer in the air fryer basket without overcrowding them. This will help them cook evenly and get crispy on all sides.
- Shake the basket: Shake the basket a couple of times during cooking to ensure that the fries cook evenly and have a crispy texture.
- Don’t add too much oil: Sweet potato fries are naturally sweet and flavorful and don’t need much-added oil. Lightly spray the fries with cooking spray or toss them with a small amount of oil before cooking to help them crisp up without being too greasy.
- Use a high temperature: Set your air fryer to a high temperature, around 400-425°F (200-218°C), to get crispy and crunchy fries.
- Cook for longer than the package directions: While the package directions may suggest cooking for a while, sweet potato fries can take longer than regular fries. Check them often and cook until they are crispy and browned on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve immediately: Sweet potato fries are best when served immediately after cooking. They lose their crispiness over time, so try to serve them immediately to enjoy their best texture and flavor.
By following these tips, you should be able to achieve the perfect crispy and delicious sweet potato fries every time!
Best Dipping Sauces For Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries pair well with various dipping sauces that complement their sweet and savory flavor. Here are some famous dipping sauces to try:
- Chipotle mayo: This spicy and creamy sauce mixes mayonnaise with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. It adds a smoky and spicy kick to sweet potato fries.
- Garlic aioli: Made by blending garlic, mayonnaise, and lemon juice, this creamy and tangy sauce pairs well with sweet potato fries.
- Honey mustard: A classic dipping sauce made by mixing honey, mustard, and a touch of mayonnaise or sour cream. The sweetness of the honey goes well with the natural sweetness of the sweet potato fries.
- BBQ sauce: A smoky and tangy Barbecue sauce is a great dip for sweet potato fries. It adds a savory and slightly sweet flavor to the fries.
- Ranch dressing: A cool and creamy ranch dressing goes well with the earthy sweetness of sweet potato fries. It’s a classic dip that many people enjoy.
- Cinnamon sugar: If you prefer a sweeter dip, sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over your sweet potato fries. It’s a delicious and unique combination of sweet and savory flavors.
These are just a few dipping sauce options to get you started. Feel free to experiment with your favorite sauces and flavors to find the perfect combination for your taste buds.
Are Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fyrer Healthy?
Cooking frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer can be a healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried sweet potato fries. Air frying uses hot air to cook the fries, reducing the amount of oil needed to achieve a crispy texture. This means that air-fried sweet potato fries are lower in fat and calories than deep-fried fries.
Sweet potatoes are also a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are high in vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium and are a good source of antioxidants. Choosing frozen sweet potato fries made with natural ingredients without added preservatives can provide a nutritious and delicious side dish or snack. So, they make an excellent and healthy side dish for the whole family to enjoy!
How Long Do You Put Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer?
The cooking time for frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer may vary depending on the brand and thickness of the fries. However, the general recommendation is to cook them at 400°F (200°C) for 10-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking.
Why Are My Sweet Potatoes Not Crispy Air Fryer?
There are several reasons why sweet potato fries may not turn out crispy in an air fryer:
- Overcrowding: If the sweet potato fries are overcrowded in the air fryer basket, they won’t cook evenly and may not become crispy. Make sure to spread the fries out in a single layer with enough space between them to allow the hot air to circulate around them.
- Moisture: If your french fries have been thawed and refrozen, they turn out soggy.
- Insufficient oil: While you don’t need to add much oil to sweet potato fries when air frying, adding too little oil can produce a dry and less crispy texture. Try lightly spraying the fries with cooking spray or tossing them with a small amount of oil before cooking to help them crisp up.
- Incorrect temperature or cooking time: Make sure to cook the sweet potato fries at the recommended temperature and cooking time for your air fryer model. Cooking them at too low a temperature or too short a time may result in undercooked and less crispy fries.
- Low-quality sweet potatoes: The quality of the sweet potatoes you use can also affect the texture of the fries. Choose firm, firm, sweet potatoes with smooth skin, and avoid those with bruises or soft spots.
How To Cook Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Oven
Here’s how to cook frozen sweet potato fries in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Spread the frozen sweet potato fries out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake the fries for 20-25 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking with a spatula to ensure even cooking.
- Check the fries for doneness by piercing one with a fork. They are done if the fork goes in easily and the fries are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the fries from the oven and season with salt or your favorite seasoning blend, if desired.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
You can achieve crispy and delicious frozen sweet potato fries in the oven by following these steps. Note that cooking times may vary depending on the brand and thickness of the fries, so it’s essential to keep an eye on them to avoid burning.
How To Store Leftover Fries
If you have leftover sweet potato fries, you can store them in the refrigerator to enjoy later. If you plan to eat the leftover fries within a day or two, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. Make sure the container is sealed tightly to prevent moisture from getting in, which can make the fries soggy.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Waffle Fries
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Trader Joe Santa Maria Tri-Tip
Alexia Sweet Potato Fries Air Fryer
- 16 ounces Alexia Sweet Potato Fries, frozen
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dipping sauce
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the Alexia Sweet Potato Fries from the package and spread them in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket. Lightly spray the sweet potato fries with cooking sprays, such as olive or canola. Place the basket in the air fryer and cook time for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking to ensure that the fries cook evenly.
- Check the fries for doneness after 10 minutes by piercing one with a fork. They are done if the fork goes in easily and the fries are crispy. If they need more time, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato fries are done, remove them from the air fryer and season them with salt or your favorite seasoning blend, if desired. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper