Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries are crispy on the outside, with tender sweetness on the inside. Pair with ketchup or dipping sauce for a flavorful side dish!
Everyone will love these frozen sweet potato fries. They are incredibly simple to make and have the perfect texture. Who knew frozen fries could taste so good?! I am going to share my method to make air fryer frozen sweet potato fries. You’ll want to keep it close by so you can make them over and over again.
Whether you have a sweet tooth or just prefer the flavor of sweet potatoes, these fries will make you swoon! I find myself craving restaurant quality sweet potato fries, and these are the closest I have gotten. They are so good.
If you fall in love with making air fryer frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer, here are some more of my favorite recipes: AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FRENCH FRIES, AIR FRYER CARROT FRENCH FRIES, and AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES.
Why Make Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
- Crispy texture
- It doesn’t heat the house compared to cooking in the oven
- It gives you the same texture as deep-fried potatoes
- Perfect easy side dish or snack to make
- Make as an appetizer to serve up for game day snacking
- Quick cook time
AIR FRYER FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRENCH FRIES
- 1 package of frozen sweet potato fries
- Olive oil, optional
Step 1: Preheat
Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F. (If your air fryer does not have a preheat button, simply turn on your air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5-7 minutes.)
Step 2: Add fries
Add your sweet potato french fries to the basket, remembering not to crowd the fries. They should also be in a single layer to air fryer properly. Add a little bit of olive oil if desired. It will make them crispier.
Step 3: Air fry frozen sweet potato fries
Set the time to 12-15 minutes. About halfway through the air frying, either shake the basket or use tongs and flip the french fries.
Step 4: Serve
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Tips For Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Keep a close watch. Due to the thickness of the fries and using a different air fryer, your cooking time may need to be adjusted.
- Don’t forget to flip. Flipping or shaking the fries will ensure that they cook properly and evenly. So, never skip flipping them over halfway through.
- Work in batches. If you are feeding a lot of people, you may need to work in batches. It’s important not to crowd the basket so the air can flow properly. Smaller batches are best.
- Play with seasonings. Feel free to add your favorite seasonings before you air fry frozen sweet potato fries. Simply sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, or anything else you like.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES IN AIR FRYER
What brand of frozen fries work?
You can air fry frozen sweet potato fries in just about any brand imaginable! I really love these Alexia Sweet Potato Fries. They cook up really nice in the air fryer. Plus, they have several varieties including waffle fries, regular, or crinkle cut.
Some of my favorite brands:
- Trader Joes
- 365 Crinkle Cut Sweet Potato Fries (By Whole Foods)
Why won’t my frozen sweet potato fries get crispy?
I have found that spritzing the sweet potato fries with some oil helps. It can be olive oil, avocado oil, or even regular vegetable oil. It is going to help ensure the outside of the fries gets a crisper texture.
If you prefer to stay away from any oils, that’s fine! Just air fry frozen sweet potato fries a little bit longer. They will become more crispy as they cook. You may need to add an additional 3-5 minutes of cooking time.
Can you store leftover fries?
Sweet potato fries in the air fryer are best when served warm and fresh. You will find they get soggy once they cool down a bit. The nice thing about this recipe is you can cook as little or as many fries as you plan to eat.
If you do end up with leftovers and want to save them, put the fries in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 2 days. To reheat, put them back in the air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes or until they are hot.
Does This Method Work For Regular Fries
Yes, you can use this same method for cooking classic French fries. Just make sure that you adjust the cooking time to the thickness of the French fries.
Frozen fries are so easy to convert over to the air fryer. You will find you have more of a deep-fried taste and texture without the excess oil. It provides a healthier alternative to fried foods.
What Dipping Sauce Goes with Sweet Potato Fries
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS, USED IN MAKING AIR FRYER FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DO NOT FORGET TO PIN, AIR FRYER FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES-
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 package frozen sweet potato fries
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F. (If your air fryer does not have a preheat button, turn on your air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5-7 minutes.
- Then add your sweet potato french fries in, remembering not to crowd the fries, and they should be a single layer to air fryer properly.
- Set the time to 12-15 minutes. About halfway through the air frying, either shake the basket or use tongs and flip the french fries.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional