Who doesn’t love a good beef tenderloin? It’s juicy, flavorful, and oh so tender. But it can be expensive, which is why I was excited to try making one in my air fryer. Turns out, it’s ridiculously easy and the results are fantastic! If you’re looking for an easy (and affordable) way to make a beef tenderloin, then you have to try this recipe. Enjoy!
Looking for a delicious, yet healthy, meal to cook in your air fryer? Look no further than this air fryer beef tenderloin recipe! This dish is cooked using just a few simple ingredients, and it’s incredibly easy to prepare. Plus, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of protein. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
What Is Beef Tenderloin?
Beef tenderloin is a cut of meat that comes from the lower back end of a cow. The muscle is long, and it’s connected to the hip bone. Because this part of the cow doesn’t get much exercise, the muscle is relatively tender. Beef tenderloin is also one of the most expensive cuts of beef, due to its leanness and tenderness.
When cooked properly, it can be melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Although it’s often associated with upscale restaurants, beef tenderloin is actually quite easy to cook at home. Simply season it with salt and pepper, and cook it in a hot pan until it reaches the desired level of doneness. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or just want to treat yourself to a delicious meal, beef tenderloin is a great option.
Why Air Fryer Beef Tenderloin
There are many reasons to love air fryer beef tenderloin. First of all, it’s a great way to cook beef without all the fat and calories that come with traditional frying methods. Air frying also preserves the nutrients in the beef, so you’re getting all the benefits of a healthy cut of meat. Additionally, air fryer beef tenderloin cooks quickly and evenly, so you don’t have to worry about overcooking or undercooking your meat. And last but not least, it just tastes great! If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy, and quick way to cook beef tenderloin, then the air fryer is your best bet
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Beef Tenderloin
When it comes to cooking beef tenderloin, there are a few key ingredients that you will need in order to get the best results.
- Beef Tenderloin: Check the size of your air fryer, depending on what air fryer you are using you may need to cut it.
- Oil: Rub either olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil, over the roast.
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, and Rosemary.
How To Cook Beef Tenderloin In The Air Fryer
In order to get a more evenly and tender meat, I would recommend bringing your meat to room temperature, for about 20 to 30 minutes. Rub the oil over your beef tenderloin, and season with salt, black pepper, and rosemary. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, for 4 to 8 minutes, then add your roast.
Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, then flip, and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes. Check the internal temperature, before removing. Let the meat rest for a couple of minutes, before slicing.
Tips For The Best Air Fried Beef Tenderloin
Cooking beef tenderloin in an air fryer is a quick, easy, and delicious way to prepare this popular cut of meat. Here are a few tips to help you get the best results:
- Choose a tenderloin that is well-marbled. This will ensure that the beef stays juicy and flavorful.
- Season the beef generously with salt and pepper. Be sure to use freshly ground pepper for the best flavor.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before cooking. This will help the beef cook evenly.
- Cook the beef for 12 minutes, or until it reaches the desired level of doneness. Rare beef should be cooked for 9 minutes, medium rare for 10 minutes, and medium for 12 minutes. Let the beef rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve the beef with your favorite dipping sauces or toppings. Popular choices include horseradish cream, béarnaise sauce, and mushroom ragout.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to grill beef tenderloin
Grilling beef tenderloin is a great way to cook this delicious and juicy cut of meat. The key to grilling beef tenderloin is to use high heat and cook the meat quickly. Here are some tips for how to grill beef tenderloin:
- Preheat your grill to high heat. You want the grill to be very hot so that the meat can sear quickly.
- Season the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper. You can also add other seasonings, such as garlic or herbs if you like.
- Place the beef tenderloin on the grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side. Be sure not to overcook the meat – it should be pink in the center when you remove it from the grill.
- Let the beef tenderloin rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This will help to keep all of the juices in the meat. Enjoy!
Best sides for beef tenderloin
When it comes to beef tenderloin, there are a variety of delicious sides that can complement the rich flavor of the meat. Roasted vegetables, such as Brussels sprouts, carrots, and potatoes, are a classic option that pairs well with the savory taste of beef.
For something lighter, a salad with greens and a vinaigrette dressing provides a refreshing contrast. Another excellent choice is risotto, which is a creamy Italian dish made with rice and vegetables. No matter what sides you choose, they’re sure to add flavor and texture to your beef tenderloin dish.
How to cut a beef tenderloin
Learning how to cut a beef tenderloin is a valuable skill for any home cook. Also known as filet mignon, this cut of meat is prized for its tenderness and flavor. While it can be a bit pricey, a beef tenderloin is actually quite easy to prepare at home. Here are the simple steps for how to cut a beef tenderloin:
- First, remove the tenderloin from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature. This will help ensure that the meat cooks evenly.
- Next, trim off any excess fat or silver skin from the surface of the meat.
- Once your beef tenderloin is trimmed, you can start cutting it into individual steaks. For smaller steaks, aim for 1-inch thick slices. For larger steaks, you can go up to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- To ensure even cooking, it’s important to make sure all of your steaks are roughly the same size. Once they’re all cut, you’re ready to cook!
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to easily prepare a delicious beef tenderloin at home.
How to reheat beef tenderloin in the air fryer
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think too much about how to reheat your food. You just pop it in the microwave and hope for the best. But if you’re trying to reheat beef tenderloin, you need to be a little bit more careful. The key is to not overcook the meat, or you’ll end up with dry, tough beef. The air fryer is a great way to reheat beef tenderloin because it circulates hot air around the meat, evenly cooking it without making it tough. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the beef tenderloin into thin slices.
- Place the beef slices in the air fryer basket and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
More Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
The air fryer is one of the hottest kitchen gadgets on the market, and it’s no wonder why. This versatile appliance can be used to make a variety of healthy and delicious meals, from roasted vegetables to grilled chicken. And best of all, air fryers cook food quickly and without the need for added oil, making them a perfect choice for busy weeknight dinners. If you’re looking for more air fryer dinner recipes, here are a few to try.
One-Pot Air Fryer Chicken and Rice: This simple dish is made in one pot and only takes 30 minutes to cook. start by cooking diced chicken breasts in the air fryer until golden brown. Then, add rice, veggies, and chicken broth to the pot and cook until the rice is tender. Finish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley before serving.
Air Fryer Salmon with Roasted Broccoli: This healthy meal is ready in just 20 minutes. Season salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and lemon juice before air frying them until cooked through. Serve with roasted broccoli and a drizzle of olive oil for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.
Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts: These crispy Brussels sprouts make a great side dish or light main course. Toss halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil and Parmesan cheese before air frying them until crisp. Serve with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal or a healthy side dish, these air fryer recipes will help you get dinner on the table in no time. So grab your air fryer and give them a try!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Beef Tenderloin
- 3-5 pound beef tenderloin, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- In order to get a more evenly and tender meat, I would recommend bringing your meat to room temperature, for about 20 to 30 minutes. Rub the oil over your beef tenderloin, and season with salt, black pepper, and rosemary. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, for 4 to 8 minutes, then add your roast.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, then flip, and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes. Check the internal temperature, before removing. Let the meat rest for a couple of minutes, before slicing.
- Air Fryer