Juicy and tender air fryer beef skewers are easy to make- with steak, stew meat, or ribs! Soaking for at least 30 minutes makes this dish full of flavor, and you can customize it with your favorite grilled veggies too!
Air Fryer Beef Kabobs are so good. The air fryer does a great job of keeping the steak tender while roasting the vegetables to perfection. There’s nothing better than beef steak kabobs in an air fryer with homemade Teriyaki Sauce!
This simple Air Fryer Beef Kabob recipe uses sirloin steak, bell peppers, and onion to make an easy weeknight dinner that tastes amazing.
The kabobs are juicy, tender, flavorful, delicious, and so easy to make! The outside is perfectly cooked – just as if they’d been cooked on the outdoor grill, but the difference is that this recipe can take less than an hour to make!
I love a great piece of air-fried steak, and these Air Fryer Beef Kabobs did not disappoint. If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Beef Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER SIRLOIN STEAK WITH PARSLEY-GARLIC SAUCE, AIR FRYER BEEF TACO SALAD, PERFECT AIR FRYER STEAK, and AIR FRYER MUSHROOM & SWISS BURGERS.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Shish Kabobs Recipe
- Very easy to make
- Juicy and flavorful
- Customizable with your favorite veggies
- Ready in less than an hour
- Perfectly cooked just like outdoor grilled kabobs
What is the best meat to use for beef kabobs in the air fryer?
You can use any cut of steak for kebobs but the most common meat to use in beef kebobs is sirloin steak. Sirloin steak is an excellent budget steak, and it also stays tender while air frying.
However, the key to a fantastic steak kabob is the marinade. You want to let the meat marinate as long as possible so the meat remains juicy and tender while cooking.
Steak Kebabs Ingredients
- Meat: Use either steak tenderloin or top sirloin steak. A lean cut of beef is best.
- Oil: Use high-heat oil, such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or sesame oil.
- Vegetables: Red Onions, Bell Peppers, and Minced Garlic.
- Soy Sauce: For some added flavor and help tenderize the meat.
- Black Pepper: For some added kick
- Teriyaki Sauce: My homemade recipe is below, but store-bought will work in a pinch.
How To Make These Tender Steak Kabobs
Step 1: Marinate the steak
- Make the marinade by combining olive oil, garlic cloves, pepper, and soy sauce in a medium bowl, and whisk.
- Cut tenderloin steak into 1″ pieces and add them to the marinade. Leave the steak to marinate for 2 hours or overnight for best results. (In a pinch, you can shorten the marinade time to 30 minutes, but it may not be as tender or flavorful.)
Step 2: Prepare teriyaki sauce
- Mix water and cornstarch until dissolved.
- Combine the cornstarch mixture and all remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Step 3: Assemble steak skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers in water.
- Remove the tenderloin from the marinade.
- Cut peppers and onions into thick pieces.
- Add ingredients to a skewer, alternating between peppers, meat, and onions. Repeat until all skewers are used, or ingredients are finished. With this recipe, you should make about 8.
Step 4: Cook in the air fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 390* for 5 min.
- Place kebabs into the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 10 min.
- Flip halfway through cooking time.
Step 5: Add teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds, and serve!
- Brush steak with teriyaki sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with the remaining teriyaki sauce. Enjoy!
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is so versatile. You can literally add any vegetable that is in season, and it will work wonderfully. Some of my favorite adaptations include:
- Mushrooms, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Squash, and Zucchini
- Fresh Fruit, especially in the summer, add pineapple, watermelon, pears, or apples.
- Change your protein, steak, chicken, fish, shrimp, etc.
- Top with some red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- You can use Worcestershire sauce instead of soy sauce.
- If you are vegetarian, you can omit the protein and just make vegetable kabobs.
Yes – if you are using wood skewers, soak them in water for about 10 to 15 minutes before your thread them so they do not burn. I’d even recommend investing in some tools for your air fryer if you want to make these regularly; I use my air fryer accessory kit for making them.
Let the steak and vegetables cool to room temperature, then place the leftovers into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place the kabobs back into the air fryer for a couple of minutes at 350 degrees F air fryer setting, or use the microwave to reheat. (If you use the microwave, remove the kebob from the metal skewer before reheating if you have used them.)
Yes, and it’s so good! Here is my foolproof recipe for The Perfect Air Fryer Steak. It is the easiest and most delicious way to prepare a whole piece of steak in the air fryer for a quick weeknight meal.
Yes, making steak in the air fryer is amazing! You get a perfect and delicious steak every single time you grill one.
My favorite recipe, which gives you all sorts of tips and pointers, is how to make a Perfect Air Fryer Steak.
It will depend on your air fryer. A typical air fryer basket, such as the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot Crisp Lid (6 quarts), will fit 6-inch wooden skewers. Larger air fryer ovens, including the Vortex, Omni, and Emeril 360 will have enough space for 8-inch kabobs.
What are the best vegetables for air fryer steak kabobs?
The best vegetables to use in air fryer beef kabobs are what you like to eat since most vegetables do extraordinary things while air-frying. I tend to do the classic of onions, peppers, and mushrooms. But anything would work great.
What do I serve with air fryer shish kabob?
I don’t know about you, but I love a good shish kabob. There’s something about the combination of meat, vegetables, and sauce that makes my taste buds happy.
Plus, making shish kabobs is even easier if you have an air fryer! The difficult thing is knowing what the best sides are to serve with them. Here are some of my favorite air fryer side dishes!
Air Fryer Macaroni and Cheese: Mac and cheese is classic comfort food that everyone loves. But who wants to dirty up their oven by baking it? You can have delicious, baked mac and cheese with an air fryer without heating up your kitchen! This recipe is simple and easy to follow, so you can make this perfect dish any time you crave it.
Mexican Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes: Do you love sweet potatoes? I sure do. I could probably eat them every day and never get sick of them. And the good news is, they’re healthy for you too! But who has time to roast sweet potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes? Not me. That’s why I love air fryers.
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables: Welcome, cooks! Today we’ll be looking at how to use an air fryer to roast vegetables. Roasting is one of the best ways to bring out the flavor of vegetables, and with an air fryer, it’s easy and quick too! We’ll be using a variety of vegetables in this post, but you can use whatever ones you like. So let’s get started!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CHEESEBURGERS
- AIR FRYER CRINKLE FRIES
- INSTANT POT BBQ BABY BACK RIBS
- AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN LEGS
- AIR FRYER BAKED SWEET POTATOES
Don’t Forget To Pin
Ready for an air fryer recipe that is easy and delicious? These beef kabobs are perfect for a quick weeknight meal. The best part is that there is hardly any cleanup required – just toss the skewers in the dishwasher! Serve with rice or quinoa and a green vegetable for a healthy, satisfying dinner.
- 1 pound steak tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Combine olive oil, garlic cloves, pepper, and soy sauce to a medium bowl and whisk. Cut tenderloin into 1” pieces. Add the steak and let marinate for 2 hours.
Prepare teriyaki sauce. Mix water and cornstarch until dissolved. Combine cornstarch mixture and all remaining ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Soak bamboo skewers in water
Remove tenderloin from the marinade. Cut peppers and onions into thick pieces. Skewer alternating between peppers, meat, and onions
Preheat air fryer to 390* for 5 min
Place the steak kabobs into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 10 min, flip halfway through cooking time.
Brush steak with teriyaki sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with remaining teriyaki sauce.