Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs — The Instant Pot is a great kitchen tool to make cooking easier and more efficient. It has many functions, including pressure cooking, yogurt making, steaming vegetables, sautéing or browning food before cooking it in the pot, warming up leftovers, and melting chocolate. The possibilities of what you can do with an Instant Pot are endless; here’s one example of how versatile this appliance is: these baby back ribs were made in under an hour!
There is nothing better than a large stack of Instant Pot BBQ Baby Back Ribs for dinner. They are a great, tasty, and easy way to end a day!
To make the most delectable ribs, you need a pressure cooker. The results are fall-off-the-bone perfection and take less time than cooking on an open flame!
If you are looking for some great and easy Instant Pot Recipes, some of my favorites are INSTANT POT SWEDISH MEATBALLS AND EGG NOODLES, INSTANT POT MIXED BERRY JAM, INSTANT POT EASTER RICE KRISPIE TREATS, and INSTANT POT MEXICAN RICE.
Why Make Ribs In The Instant Pot?
I used to cook a rack of ribs for hours on end. Homemade ribs used to be a time-consuming process that could take up to five hours.
If you have been looking for an easy recipe for ribs, this is one of the best, it’s easy, and they are delicious!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make fall-off bone-tender ribs in just an hour with a bit of help from your Instant Pot and serve them with your favorite bbq sauce. Trust me, and once you try these beef ribs cooked using an Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, you will be hooked!
They are so good, who doesn’t love bone tender ribs?
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card.
- Baby Back Pork Ribs: You can either use baby back ribs or another type of pork ribs, including country ribs, short ribs, bone ribs, or even spare ribs.
- Brown Sugar: This helps tenderize the meat, and makes it tender.
- Seasonings: Salt, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Liquid Smoke, Chili Powder, and Black Pepper
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Tenderizes the meat (you can also use apple juice)
- Water: Needed to bring the Instant Pot to Pressure.
How To Make Instant Pot BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Step One: Prepare The Ribs
Use a paper towel and peel the membrane off the back of the ribs, also known as the connective tissue. In a small bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients to make your rub. Massage the dry ingredients to the top layer of your ribs
Step Two: Add The Liquid To The Instant Pot
Pour your apple cider mixture into the bottom of your instant pot. Place the trivet inside. Place your ribs on the top of the trivet. Close the lid on your instant pot and close the sealing valve. So your instant pot to high pressure and the cooking time for 20 minutes.
Once your instant pot is done cooking, allow it to release for 15 minutes naturally. After 15 minutes, manually released by opening the pressure release and releasing the remaining pressure, by a quick release.
Step Three: Remove The Ribs and Broil
Remove your ribs to a baking sheet, or wire rack. Add your desired amount of barbecue sauce to the top of the ribs over the rub. Broil in the oven for about five minutes or until your barbecue sauce is bubbly.
Allow the ribs to cool for a couple more minutes, cut them into sections, and enjoy! You can top it with your favorite barbecue sauce if you like.
How to Season Pressure Cooker Ribs
You can’t go wrong with a great batch of seasoned ribs —one of my favorite ways to pressure cook, slow cooker, grill, or even air fry ribs. Using a dry rub brings out the flavor of the meat without overpowering it.
I always brush on some store-bought or homemade barbecue sauce for even more flavor!
How to Get Some Crispy Bits on Your Ribs
We all know that ribs are delicious, but what if you could make them even better? What if you could get some crispy bits on your ribs? Some of the best-tasting bites come from the edges.
After you pressure cook your ribs, place them into the oven, and broil for about 5 minutes. This will give you the same flavor as slow roasting your ribs in about a tenth of the time.
You can use any type of rub for these ribs, but I recommend using a BBQ sauce-based rub since it is easily accessible at most grocery stores.
How to Serve
The delicious instant pot bbq ribs are all you need to make any meal complete. I like serving them with extra sauce and classic side dishes, such as:
- INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD
- AIR FRYER ROSEMARY ROASTED POTATOES
- LOADED NINJA FOODI POTATOES
- AIR FRYER MEXICAN STREET CORN ON THE COB
- INSTANT POT CORN ON THE COB
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Easy Instant Pot Ribs With Bbq Sauce
You can’t beat a rack of baby back ribs, and this recipe is guaranteed not to disappoint. Let the ribs cool to room temperature, and then place the leftover ribs into an airtight container, or wrap them tightly with aluminum foil. They will last for about 1 to 2 days.
To Reheat: Brush some extra barbecue sauce on top of them, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are warmed through
Instant Pot Coca Cola BBQ Ribs
If you want to add about 1 cup of Coke to the barbecue sauce, they will be amazing. The recipe will remain the same.
Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Ribs
If you want to add about 1 cup of Dr. Pepper Soda to the barbecue sauce, they will be amazing. The recipe will remain the same.
How To Cook Frozen Ribs In Instant Pot
Follow these simple steps for how to cook frozen ribs in an instant pot, and you’ll have a delicious dinner on the table in no time:
1. Place your frozen ribs inside the Instant Pot insert or liner. If you choose to use baby back ribs, be sure to cut them into sections of at least three bones each.
2. Add some liquid to the bottom of the pot – either water, broth, or sauce. You could also use a combination of these liquids if you’d like.
3. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 30 minutes and then allow it to naturally release for 10-15 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure.
4. Transfer your cooked ribs to a plate and brush them with your favorite sauce. You can also add any other seasonings or marinades you like at this time.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- INSTANT POT SWEDISH MEATBALLS AND EGG NOODLES
- INSTANT POT MIXED BERRY JAM
- EASY INSTANT POT ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
- INSTANT POT SOUTHERN DEVILED EGGS
- INSTANT POT CANDIED NUTS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- 2 pounds baby back ribs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Peel the membrane off the back of the ribs.
- In a small bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients to make your rub.
- Massage the dry ingredients to the top layer of your ribs.
- Pour your apple cider mixture into the bottom of your instant pot. Place the trigger inside. Place your ribs inside the instant pot.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and close the sealing valve. So your instant pot to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once your instant pot is done cooking, allow it to naturally release for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, manually released by opening the sealing valve and releasing the pressure.
- Remove your ribs to a cookie sheet. Add your desired amount of barbecue sauce to the top of the ribs over the rub.
- Broil in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the barbecue sauce is bubbling.
- Allow the ribs to cool for a couple more minutes, cut them into sections, and enjoy! You can top it with more barbecue sauce if you like.
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi