Copycat Tony Roma’s Coleslaw –If you’re looking for an easy, delicious Copycat Tony Roma’s Coleslaw recipe, look no further! This Copycat Tony Roma’s Coleslaw is the perfect side dish for any summer BBQ or cookout. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this Copycat Tony Roma’s Coleslaw is sure to be a hit with family and friends!
It’s summertime and that means grilling out with friends and family! One of my favorite side dishes to serve is Tony Roma’s coleslaw. But, I don’t always want to go out and spend money on it. So, I decided to make my own version of it at home. It’s just as delicious as the real thing and much more affordable! Plus, you can customize it however you like. So, give this recipe a try next time you’re looking for a tasty side dish!
Why Tony Roma’s Coleslaw Is Amazing!
I know what you’re thinking. “Tony Roma’s? Really?” Yes, really. I was a little hesitant at first, too, but their coleslaw is amazing! It’s not your typical mayo-based slaw; theirs is vinegar-based and has a nice kick to it. Plus, the cabbage is nice and crunchy. If you’re looking for something a little different than your usual coleslaw, Tony Roma’s is definitely worth trying!
Ingredients Needed For Copycat Tony Roma’s Coleslaw
If you’ve ever had the pleasure of enjoying a plate of Tony Roma’s famous ribs or something from their other delicious menu options, you know they round out the meal with one very special finishing touch – their signature coleslaw. Now you can recreate this same classic favorite in your own kitchen with just a few simple ingredients!
Today, we’ll walk through each step to making an easy copycat version of Tony Roma’s restaurant-style coleslaw – perfect for entering summer BBQ season on a high note!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the page.
- Onions: Use either white or yellow onions, either way, grate them for best results.
- Lemon Juice: A great way to make a light coleslaw, the citrus taste is amazing!
- Mayonnaise: Use regular or low-fat mayonnaise, you can also use Miracle Whip.
- White Vinegar: Really brings out the flavor of the coleslaw
- Cabbage: Use red or green cabbage or a combination of the two.
- Carrots: Shred your carrots, for the best flavor.
- Granulated Sugar: Makes the coleslaw less acidic.
- Seasonings: Parsley, Celery Seed, White Pepper, Salt
How To Make Copycat Tony Roma’s Coleslaw
In a large mixing bowl, add the parsley, lemon juice, minced onions, celery seed, white pepper, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and sugar, and mix well.
Fold in the shredded cabbage and carrots, and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Do I Have To Shred My Own Cabbage?
No, although there is nothing better than freshly shredded cabbage, you can easily purchase bags of pre-shredded cabbage.
If you are going to shred your own cabbage, either use a sharp knife or use a mandolin to cut your cabbage, thinly.
Can I Use Pre-Shredded Cabbage?
Yes, this will make for a great shortcut and a simple meal.
What Goes Best With Coleslaw?
If you’re looking for the perfect side dish to serve at your next cookout, coleslaw is a great option. But what goes best with coleslaw? Some people might say that it pairs well with ribs or chicken, while others might argue that it’s best served with burgers or hot dogs. So what’s the right answer?
Well, it depends on your personal preference. But in general, most people seem to think that coleslaw pairs well with just about anything! So don’t be afraid to experiment a little and see what you like best. 😉
How Long Does Coleslaw Keep In The Refrigerator?
Coleslaw is one of those foods that are best when eaten fresh, after marinating for 2 hours. If you have any leftovers place them into an airtight container, and they will last for 2 to 3 days.
More Copycat Recipes:
Do you love copycat recipes as much as I do? Here are some more of my favorite recipes to try at home. From Olive Garden to Chick-fil-A, I’ve got you covered! Keep reading for recipes and tips on how to make them just like the restaurants do. Enjoy!
- AIR FRYER CHICK-FIL-A BREAKFAST BOWL
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN PARMIGIANA
- EASY AIR FRYER OLIVE GARDEN TOASTED RAVIOLI
- RAISING CANE’S SAUCE
- COPYCAT KFC HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Copycat Tony Roma’s Coleslaw
- 3/4 teaspoon parsley, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onions, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 tesapoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 10 ounces cabbage, 1/2 head, shredded
- 1/8 cup carrot, sliced or shredded
- In a large mixing bowl, add the parsley, lemon juice, minced onions, celery seed, white pepper, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and sugar, and mix well.
- Fold in the shredded cabbage and carrots, and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Large Bowl