Do you love ribs but don’t love the guilt of eating them? If so, then you need to try these Air Fryer Country Style Ribs! Air frying is a great way to cook up delicious and healthy country-style ribs. Plus, it’s straightforward – all you need is an air fryer and some simple ingredients. So, what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
Air Fryer Country Style Ribs Recipe
One of my kid’s favorite dinners thus far is Air Fryer Country Style Ribs! And I don’t blame them, there is nothing like an excellent BBQ rib flavor. Even in the middle of winter, you can skip the grill, and these can cook up perfectly with your own Air Fryer.
This recipe could not be any easier. Today, I used a couple of bottles of my family’s favorite BBQ sauce, a couple of packages of Country Style Ribs, and, of course, my trusty air fryer, and that’s all you need–simple and delicious.
I served these on top of a great big bowl of salad, and it’s so healthy and amazing. I love healthy meals in the air fryer. If you do not want to serve this over salad, it is excellent with some of my great air fryer sides dishes, such as Air Fryer Sweet Potato French Fries or even an Air Fryer Baked Potato.
If you are looking for more Air Fryer rib recipes, try my foolproof recipe for Air Fryer Babyback BBQ Ribs. Ever since I started using my air fryer four years ago, I make them at least weekly!
What Are Country-Style Ribs?
There are many different types of pork ribs, but one of the most popular is country-style pork ribs. But what exactly are they? Country-style pork ribs come from the pig’s shoulder blade and upper arm area. They’re meatier than baby back ribs or spareribs and have a bone running along the top that makes them easy to grip. If you’re looking for something hearty and flavorful, give country-style pork ribs a try!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Country Style Ribs
- Country Style Ribs
- BBQ Sauce: You can choose your family’s favorite!
- Steak Seasoning: Use a pre made Steak Seasoning or mix together salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes and brown sugar.
How To Make Air Fryer Country Style Ribs
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for about 5 minutes. Then add the seasoning to the ribs, rub it in, and add the BBQ sauce.
- Place your ribs into the air fryer basket, and set the timer for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Note: Check the internal temperature of the ribs. Before removing, make sure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Pro Tips for Making Ribs
- When cooking for guests, I recommend making two ribs per person. That will be a generous serving, and you won’t have any leftovers!
- You can use either bone-in or boneless country-style ribs for this recipe. They will both come out equally moist and tender!
- When removing the ribs from your air fryer, be very careful. Hot liquid can slosh out and burn you if it’s not handled correctly! To prevent this from happening, I recommend wearing protective silicone gloves.
- The best way to get the BBQ sauce onto the ribs is by brushing it on. These silicone basting brushes will do just the trick! They can go through the dishwasher, making them easier to care for than traditional metal ones!
Baby Back Ribs are ribs that literally come from the ribs; therefore, they have a bone in the center of the meat. Since Country Style Ribs are not rib meat, they do not contain a bone and thus are boneless.
Country Style Ribs are also meatier and bigger than Baby Back Ribs.
Are you uncertain if your country-style ribs are cooked through? You’re not alone. This is a common question for cooks, especially those who are still new to preparing this cut of meat.
The best way to tell if ribs are done in the air fryer is to use a meat thermometer. Place it into the thickest part of the country-style rib. When it registers 145 degrees F, you can safely remove the ribs.
If you’re looking to add some extra flavor to your ribs, you might want to try using a BBQ sauce. There are all sorts of different flavors and brands of BBQ sauce available, so you can find one that best suits your taste.
Some of my favorite BBQ sauces are:
Kraft Sweet Brown Sugar Slow-Simmered Barbecue Sauce
Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce, Sweet, and Zesty or Devil’s Spit
Bull’s Eye Everyday BBQ Sauce, Original
What To Serve Air Fryer Country Style Ribs
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- instant Pot Stuffing
- Instant Pot Apple Sauce
Be sure to tag @ForkToSpoon on Instagram, if you share a picture on Instagram! Let’s get social, you can follow me: on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes and Tips
Don’t Forget To Pin:
One of my kid's favorite dinners thus far is Air Fryer Country Style Ribs! And I don't blame them, there is nothing like an excellent BBQ rib flavor. Even in the middle of winter, you can skip the grill, and these can cook up perfectly with your own Air Fryer.
- 2 pounds Country-Style Ribs Boneless or Bone-In
- 16 ounces BBQ sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons Steak Seasoning
Start by preheating your air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for about 5 minutes.
Add the seasoning to the ribs, rub it in, and then add the BBQ sauce.
Place your ribs into the air fryer basket, and set the timer for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
Note: Check the internal temperature of the ribs. Before removing, make sure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Put these country-style ribs on top of a salad for a healthy, delicious meal!