Air Fryer Dry Rub Ribs — Do you love ribs but hate the mess? You don’t have to worry about that anymore with these air fryer dry rub ribs. They are made in one pan and come out tender, juicy, and full of flavor! The best part is they’re easy to make (and clean up!). Air Fryer Dry Rub Ribs can be served as an appetizer or main dish.
Do you love the sticky, tender bbq ribs but don’t have time to cook for hours? Try this air fryer dry rub ribs recipe! With just 20 minutes in the air fryer, these ribs are ready for your family to enjoy genuinely.
The key is getting that perfect crispy crust on them in the air fryer. Then toss them into the broiler with a barbecue sauce that’s not too sweet or tangy. These are sure to be your new go-to BBQ dish!
If you are looking for even more Easy Air Fryer Recipes, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY SCONES, AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK EGG ROLLS, EASY AIR FRYER EVERYTHING BAGELS, and AIR FRYER CORNBREAD SAUSAGE STUFFING.
What Is A Dry Rub?
If you’re a cook and never heard of dry rubs, they are the perfect mixture of spices that you can apply to meats before cooking.
Dry rubs are usually brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, or onion powder. One widespread use for dry rubs is when making ribs. Ribs are typically rubbed in barbecue sauce after cooking, which gives them their signature sweet flavor, but it’s also common to apply a dry rub instead. This provides the meat with an intense spice that will make your taste buds do backflips!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Dry Rub Ribs
- Baby Back Ribs
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Liquid Smoke
How To Make Air Fryer Dry Rub Ribs
In a small bowl, mix your spices, liquid smoke, and olive oil. Rub it all over the ribs. Place your ribs into the air fryer. The good thing about cooking ribs in your air fryer is that they can be cut to fit into your air fryer.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, use a meat thermometer to check and make sure the ribs are fully cooked.
If not, add a few minutes until the internal temperature shows that the ribs are cooked.
- You can cut the ribs into any size to make them fit your air fryer. This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven model. This recipe will also work in the Ninaj Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, GoWise, Cosori, and Instant Pot Crisp Lid.
- Check to make sure your membrane is removed from the ribs. Keeping the membrane on will make them tough.
- Check the ribs with a meat thermometer, and the internal temperature should read between 145 to 160 degrees F.
- I usually add my favorite BBQ sauce, rub it with a pastry brush, and set it into the broiler for a few minutes.
More Air Fryer Easy Recipes:
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY SCONES
- AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK EGG ROLLS
- 20 OF THE BEST AIR FRYER CHICKEN RECIPES
- EASY AIR FRYER EVERYTHING BAGELS
- AIR FRYER CORNBREAD SAUSAGE STUFFING
- AIR FRYER PANERA COPYCAT CINNAMON CRUNCH BAGELS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Dry Rub Ribs
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, (more if you like spicy)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, (this stuff is fantastic on ribs!)
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- In a small bowl, mix your spices, liquid smoke, and olive oil.
- Rub it all over the ribs.
- Place your ribs into the air fryer. The good thing about cooking ribs in your air fryer is that they can be cut to fit into your air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, use a meat thermometer to check and make sure the ribs are fully cooked.
- If not, add a few minutes until the internal temperature shows that the ribs are cooked.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven