Easy Air Fryer Everything Bagels — you can make this recipe in less than 15 minutes with just a few ingredients. We are using some of our favorite Trader Joe’s products like the Everything But The Bagels Seasoning Blend for this one!
This is such an easy recipe, and they are made with Greek yogurt. You do not have to use any yeast, and they are really quick to make. I topped these bagels off today with Trader Joe’s Everything, But the Bagel Seasoning and they are done within 30 minutes. From start to finish, today, I am giving you an easy recipe for Air Fryer Homemade Everything Bagels.
I started making these when there was a bread shortage in my state. I mean, my two teenagers needed bread. So, I already made the regular Bagels using Greek yogurt, so why not jazz them up?
We are really huge fans of Everything Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend, and my kids can always find a place to use it, so I thought, why not? They are bagels, after all.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Bagel Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER KETO BAGELS, AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT WEIGHT WATCHER FRIENDLY BAGELS, AIR FRYER JALAPENO, AND CHEDDAR BAGELS, and AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY BAGELS.
What Is On An Everything Bagel?
If you have never heard of an Everything Bagel it a bagel that is covered with a bunch of seasoning mix.
The actual ingredients in the seasoning mix will depend on the brand that you purchase but the most common ingredients are, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion flakes, garlic flakes, pretzel salt, and black pepper.
Where To Buy Bagel Seasoning
Almost every single grocery store sells a brand. You can also purchase them at Costco, Aldi, Trader Joe’s, and Walmart.
Look in your spice aisle the next time you go to the grocery store.
How To Make Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
If you want to make these, but do not have the seasoning mix at home, that is ok. It is very easy to make with some pantry staples.
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon of –white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, minced garlic, and minced onion
Ingredients Needed For Easy Air Fryer Everything Bagels
- Self-rising flour
- Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning Mix
- Optional: Egg Wash
How To Make Easy Air Fryer Everything Bagels
In a large mixing bowl, mix the Greek Yogurt and Self-Rising Flour.
Roll out the dough into a long log, fold it together, and seal the ends by pressing them together.
Place the prepared bagels into a greased air fryer basket or in a greased air fryer tray. Brush the bagels with an egg wash (see instructions in the recipe card)
Set the temperature to 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. (air fryer setting) after 5 minutes, brush the bagels again with the egg wash, and then sprinkle on the seasoning mix and air fry for another 5 minutes.
What is Self-Rising Flour?
Self-rising flour only means that it has baking powder and salt already mixed into the four. The flour’s protein is slightly lower than regular flour, which means you get a tender bagel. The baking powder allows the bagels to rise without yeast.
How Do You Make Self-Rising Flour?
If you do not have self-rising flour in your house, add these ingredients together to make your own:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What Are Some Other Toppings For Air Fried Bagels?
If you do not like Everything Bagel seasonings, here are some other suggestions:
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Onion Flakes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Asiago Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Cinnamon Raisin
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
How Do I Make These In The Oven?
You can easily make these in the oven, make as directed, then place the bagels on a baking sheet and into a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes at 450 degrees F.
Can You Cook A Bagel in An Air Fryer?
Yes, it’s really easy. Add your bagel to the basket and set the temperature to 310 degrees F for about 3 to 4 minutes.
How Do You Toast In An Air Fryer?
Easy, add your bread into the air fryer, and then set the temperature to about 200 degrees F for about 3-4 minutes.
- They will not be the same consistency as purchased bagels.
- Do not over-knead your dough. Otherwise, the gluten in the bagel will be released, making your bagel hard. Once the dough is combined, stop kneading it.
- If you want to do an egg wash, which will give you a great crust.
- The best yogurt to use is Greek yogurt, as it is thicker than normal yogurt, and your bagels will stay together better.
What Is An Egg Wash?
An egg wash is simply an egg beaten with water or milk. It helps add shine and seals the edges together. It gives a great color to the baked good.
How To Store Air Fryer Bagels
If you do not eat them in one sitting, add your bagels to a Ziploc bag, and set them in the refrigerator. They will last about 2 to 3 days.
WHAT IS AIR FRYING?
Air Fryer is a lot easy for everyone to cook with. It’s a small countertop appliance, which will cook anything that your oven did in the past.
Since, it is a lot smaller than a traditional oven the food cooks a lot quicker and uses a lot less oil, which means it’s healthier and more convenient.
Pretty soon you will be making every single thing that your oven made in the air fryer, you will love it!
Some Other Easy Air Fryer Bagel Recipes,
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning Mix
- 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water (egg wash)
- In a small bowl, mix the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt.
- After mixing it, add the dough to a floured surface (either regular flour or more-self rising flour); knead the dough until it’s well combined.
- Roll out the dough into a long log, fold it together, and seal the ends by pressing them together.
- Place the prepared bagels into a greased air fryer basket or in a greased air fryer tray. Brush the bagels with an egg wash (see instructions in the recipe card). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. (air fryer setting) after 5 minutes, brush the bagels again with the egg wash, and then sprinkle on the seasoning mix and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 549mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.