This is such an easy air fryer recipe, with tons and tons of flavor. If you have not made these 15-minute bagels, they are truly amazing. And if you are like me and never thought you would be making homemade bagels, do not be afraid. This is so easy; you will end up making them over and over again. Today’s variety is my son’s favorite, Air Fryer Jalapeno and Cheddar Bagels. Yummy!
These bagels are so simple, made with the three-ingredient dough, and I mixed in some jalapenos and cheddar cheese, and bam, I have a bagel worthy of being in a bagel store.
These make for a great sandwich, especially with the jalapeno and cheddar cheese flavors. Talk about a flavor explosion in your mouth!
Here Are The Simple Ingredients in Today’s Recipe, Air Fryer Jalapeno, and Cheddar Bagels
- Greek Yogurt
- Self-rising flour
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Egg Wash
How To Make Air Fryer Jalapeno & Cheddar BagelsAir Fryer Jalapeno and Cheddar Bagels
In a small mixing bowl, add the flour, Greek yogurt, and mix well.
Then add the sliced jalapeno peppers, shredded cheddar cheese, and salt.
Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Then shape each piece into an 8-10 inch rope. And join the sides together by pinching them with your fingers. Brush with the egg wash.
Set into the air fryer basket for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, flipping halfway.
\Here Are Some Really Common Questions About This Recipe, Air Fryer Jalapeno, and Cheddar Bagels
How Do You Make Your Own Self-Rising Flour?
If you do not have any self-rising flour at home, do not panic. Here is a simple and fool-proof recipe to make your own.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Can I Put Any Other Toppings On These Bagels?
Absolutely, some of our favorites are:
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: This is one of my family’s favorites. It adds a ton of flavor.
- Shredded Cheddar
- Asiago Cheese
- Sesame Seeds
- Poppy Seeds
Can I Make These In The Oven?
Absolutely, bake in a 400 degrees F, preheated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes.
What Is An Egg Wash?
If you notice in the picture below, it appears glossy; this is the egg wash result.
An egg wash is either a whole egg or egg yolk mixed with water or cream. It helps to seal the edges together, add shine, and give a nice brown color to the baked goods.
Tips To Make The Best Air Fryer Bagels.
- Do not expect the same texture; they are softer than regular bagels.
- Do not over-knead the dough, or they will become tough because you are releasing gluten.
- If you do not use all of the bagels up, you use them in a Ziploc bag on the first day and leave them in the refrigerator. They will last about 2 days.
- Greek yogurt works best because it’s thicker, if you do not have any, you can use sour cream, but it will change the taste and texture.
Can I Toast A Bagel in An Air Fryer?
Yes, add the bagel to the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 310 degrees for about 3 to 4 minutes.
How long do you cook Bagel Bites in the Airfryer?
Easy add the bagel bites to the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 360 degrees F for about 5-6 minutes.
Some of My Favorite Air Fryer Bagel Recipes
Some Helpful Items Used in Preparing Air Fryer Bagels, (Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Do Not Forget To Pin, Air Fryer Jalapeno, and Cheddar Bagels
Air Fryer Jalapeno & Cheddar Bagels
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 large egg, beaten, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, add the flour, Greek yogurt, and mix well
- Then add the sliced jalapeno peppers, shredded cheddar cheese, and salt.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Then shape each piece into an 8-10 inch rope. And join the sides together by pinching them with your fingers.
- Brush with the egg wash (see note below)
- Set into the air fryer basket for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer