Air Fryer Keto Bagels — There is nothing better than a fresh, hot bagel. But when you are on the keto diet, they aren’t an option. This recipe makes Keto Bagels that taste incredible and will be your new go-to breakfast idea! These air fryer Keto bagels are light and fluffy with crispy edges, just like you expect from a great bagel shop!
How about a nice fresh batch of Air Fryer Keto Bagels? You made this recipe in minutes, and they crisp up beautifully in the air fryer.
Made with only a few ingredients, they are a great and easy alternative for bread on the KETO program or Low-Carb Diet. They become amazingly light airy, made with shredded mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, eggs, almond flour, and baking powder. They make for an excellent alternative for bread and can be used in so many recipes, from a KETO sandwich to a KETO breakfast sandwich. Serve with a slather of cream cheese, and you have a fantastic KETO-friendly breakfast.
Unlike the famous Air Fryer Weight Watcher 2 Ingredient Bagels, which use Greek Yogurt as a binding agent, this recipe uses both egg and shredded mozzarella cheese. This creates a great bagel, so this is an excellent recipe if you are looking for a quick and easy Air Fryer Bagel Recipe.
If you are looking for more KETO recipes for the air fryer, check out some of my favorite Air Fryer KETO recipes, including Air Fryer Steak Bites, Air Fryer Frittata, and Air Fryer Salmon Kebabs. And check out all of my Air Fryer KETO recipes on my website.
How To Make Air Fryer KETO Bagels
Ingredients Needed For KETO Bagels
How To Cook Air Fryer KETO Bagels
In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the shredded cheese and butter, microwave until melted. Then add in the almond flour, baking powder, white vinegar, egg, and mix well.
Separate your dough into six pieces. Then use your hands to shape into a bagel shape. Either make a long roll, attach the two sides, make a ball, and use your finger to make a hole in the center.
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, and then as you make your bagels, place them into the basket. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the bagels with melted butter. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, then flip the bagels, brush again with the melted butter, and air fry for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Do You Use Coconut or Almond Flour for this Recipe?
While you can easily switch out the almond flour for coconut flour, you will find that it gets too dry when you make them. Therefore I would suggest that you stick with almond flour, which provides excellent moisture to the bagel and produces a tremendous air-fried bagel.
What is Fathead Dough?
If you have been on KETO, you know exactly what Fathead dough is, and this recipe adjusts it perfectly to come up with an excellent bagel alternative that’s low carb and KETO Friendly.
Fathead Dough is a very common low carb and gluten-free dough, typically made with shredded mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, egg, and a low-carb flour, either coconut or almond flour. Today, we removed the cream cheese to make a flavorful bagel.
How Long Can You Store The Bagels?
These bagels can last for several days. I usually make a batch on Sunday and then eat them for a few days. You can either keep them on the counter at room temperature or place them in the refrigerator. Add them to a Ziploc or airtight container, to help preserve the moisture.
I do find that if I put them into the refrigerator, they turn hard, probably because the cheese and butter solidify. If you are not eating them the right way, I would suggest that place them in the freezer. They will last for about a month.
- Make sure that you mix after microwaving. I usually microwave in 30-second intervals and then mix, so the entire mixture is perfectly melted.
- If you are allergic to eggs, switch them out for duck eggs.
- Make sure that they are spread out in the air fryer basket. Otherwise, they will not cook (air fry) correctly.
- Add your favorite toppings, Everything Bagel Seasoning, Sesame Seeds, etc.
Popular Air Fryer Keto Recipes
- AIR FRYER, SEASONED FRYER CHICKEN (KETO FRIENDLY)
- AIR FRYER, SIMPLE KALE CHIPS
- EASY AIR FRYER, FRENCH ONION CHICKEN BREAST WITH FONTINA CHEESE
- AIR FRYER, RIB EYE WITH GARLIC & BASIL BUTTER (KETO FRIENDLY)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN,
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted for brushing on top of the bagels)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the shredded cheese and butter, microwave until melted. Then add in the almond flour, baking powder, white vinegar, egg, and mix well.
- Separate your dough into 6 pieces. Then use your hands to shape into a bagel shape. Either make a long roll, attach the two sides, make a ball, and use your finger to make a hole in the center.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, and then as you make your bagels, place them into the basket. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the bagels with melted butter. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, flip the bagels, brush again with the melted butter, and air fry for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 390mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g