Air Fryer Half Chicken — If you love chicken, and you love your air fryer, then this recipe is for you! This delicious Air Fryer Half Chicken is a great way to enjoy a home-cooked meal without having to spend hours in the kitchen. Plus, it’s a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken. So what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today!
Everyone loves chicken, it’s one of America’s greatest foods. Chicken is awesome, it takes the flavor of anything that you season it with, today I did a really easy chicken rub, and sprayed it with olive oil, and I had a great and quick dinner for the entire family! It was everyone’s favorite dinner! Thanks to my air fryer!
What Is Half A Chicken
All over the world, people are cooking up all sorts of different dishes. From French to Thai, there is a never-ending variety of foods to choose from. However, one dish that seems to be popular everywhere is chicken. Whether it is cooked whole or in parts, this poultry dish can be prepared in many ways. In this recipe, we will discuss what is half a chicken and how it can be cooked. So, whether you are a beginner cook or an experienced chef, read on for some helpful tips!
Why Make Chicken In The Air Fryer?
Cooks are always looking for ways to make their time in the kitchen easier and more efficient. Some might think that an air fryer is only good for making French fries or chicken wings, but they would be wrong! Air fryers can be used to cook all sorts of things, including chicken. Here are four reasons why you should make chicken in the air fryer.
Why You Will Love Making Half Chicken Air Fryer
Do you love your air fryer? If not, you will after reading this post. I’m going to share with you three reasons why making a half chicken in your air fryer is a great idea. So, if you’re looking for an easy and tasty way to cook chicken, read on!
First of all, cooking a half chicken in the air fryer is a great way to save time. It only takes about 20 minutes, compared to the 45 minutes it would take to roast or bake a whole chicken. Second of all, the skin turns out crispy and delicious – unlike when it’s cooked in an oven. And thirdly, it’s a very budget-friendly meal option!
What Is A Broiler Chicken?
Have you ever wondered what a broiler chicken is? You might have seen them at the grocery store, but do not know what they are. A broiler chicken is a type of chicken that is bred and raised specifically for meat production. They are typically heavier than other types of chickens and have less body fat. If you’re looking to add some protein to your diet, a broiler chicken is a good option!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Half Chicken
Do you have an air fryer? If not, are you thinking about getting one? They are all the rage right now and for good reason. They make cooking so much easier, especially for people who don’t have a lot of time to cook. Today I am going to share with you my favorite recipe for an air fryer half chicken. Keep reading to learn what ingredients you need!
- Half Chicken (Broiler): Use either a small chicken or a broiler chicken.
- Oil: You can use any high-heat oil, such as avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or olive oil.
- Seasonings: Use your favorite Chicken Dry Rub, salt, and black pepper!
How To Cook A Half Chicken In Air Fryer
Start by spreading the oil over the chicken, and then season with your chicken rub, salt, and black pepper. Then place the half chicken in the air fryer, at 370 degrees F, for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes,
Flip the chicken and air fry another 10-15 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches, 165 degrees F (check with a meat thermometer)
- Room Temperature Half Chicken: It’s important to let the meat sit on the counter for 30 minutes before roasting. This ensures that it will cook more evenly and you’ll get a better-tasting meal!
- Seasoning Your Half Chicken: Just season generously and change the spices according to taste, you can use anything! Some great options are garlic and lemon, herb blend, or even a simple chicken rub!
- Internal Temperature of Chicken: Make sure the chicken is cooked through before serving. This is important since every air fryer cooks at a different rate! To be safe, you can use a meat thermometer, do not remove your chicken from the air fryer, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to cut a chicken in half?
Cooks who are looking to save time in the kitchen might be interested in learning how to cut a chicken in half. This is a technique that can be used for boneless, skinless breasts or whole chickens. The process is simple and only requires a sharp knife. By following these steps, cooks can cut a chicken in half in minutes
- Using a sharp knife place the chicken down on a cutting board (breast side down)
- Remove the backbone by cutting it down with either a sharp knife or a pair of scissors.
- Open up the bird.
- Then remove the joints and large bones.
How Long To Bake Split Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook chicken breast, the air fryer is a great option.
The time that it will take will be between 20 to 30 minutes, the exact time will be dependent on how large your chicken breast is and the air fryer that you are using. When the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, you can safely remove the chicken from the air fryer.
What is the safe internal temperature for chicken?
165 degrees F, or 74 degrees Celsius is considered to be a safe internal temperature for chicken.
How to check if the bird is cooked through?
The easy and best way to know if your oven is working properly or not, without having any uncertainty about it whatsoever; is simply to use a meat thermometer.
If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can cut the thickest part of the chicken, and the juices run clear, the chicken is usually cooked!
How do I keep it from drying out?
This recipe will give you perfectly air-fried chicken with a juicy texture. The key is to pay attention during the last part of cooking time, as you do not want to over-cook the chicken, which will lead to a dried-out half chicken.
How to make the skin crispier?
If you want crispy skin, turn the air fryer to 400 degrees F, during the last 4 to 6 minutes of cooking. I would recommend that you coat the chicken with olive, during this time, which will help the skin crisp up!
What To Serve An Air Fried Half Chicken With
Looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal? Check out this delicious air-fried half chicken recipe! The chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside and goes perfectly with any type of side dish you choose.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes!
Whether you are using your Instant Pot Vortex, Cosori Air Fryer, GoWise, or even the Ninja Foodi, here are some other great chicken recipes for you!
AIR FRYER ITALIAN DRESSING CHICKEN: Cooks, this is the recipe for you! The air fryer Italian dressing chicken is so delicious and easy to make. You only need a few simple ingredients, and your chicken will be crispy and full of flavor. Give it a try today!
AIR FRYER POLLO ASADO CHICKEN: Is there anything better than a delicious, crispy chicken breast? How about one that’s healthy and easy to make? With an air fryer, you can have both! This recipe for Pollo Asado will have your taste buds thanking you. Plus, it’s simple enough for even the novice cook. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Half Chicken
- 1.5 pounds half chicken
- 2 teaspoons chicken rub, or other seasonings
- 2 tesapoons olive oil, or other high heat oil
- Start by rubhbing the chicken with the olive oil.
- Add your seasonings to the chicken
- Place the chicken in your air fryer basket or your air fryer tray.
- Place in the air fryer, at 370 degrees F, for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip the chicken and air fry another 10-15 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches, 165 degrees F (check with a meat thermometer)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer