Are you looking for a simple yet incredibly delicious appetizer to serve at your next outdoor gathering? Look no further than these Air Fryer Chicken Pesto Sliders!
This quick and easy crowd-pleaser is packed with flavor – juicy chicken, fresh pesto, and melty cheese, all sandwiched together in mini burger buns.
Bonus! You can whip up this tasty treat in just 15 minutes! Get ready to wow your guests with the perfect balance of savory and cheesy goodness – it’s sure to make any party an event to remember!
Air Fryer Chicken Sliders
When it comes to easy and flavorful snacks or mini meals, air fryer chicken sliders are a winning choice. These bite-sized sandwiches are packed with juicy chicken and delicious toppings and served on soft slider buns. Whether you’re hosting a party, looking for a quick lunch idea, or simply craving a tasty snack, air fryer chicken sliders will satisfy your taste buds.
Why Make Chicken Sliders In Air Fryer
The beauty of air frying the chicken for these sliders is that it creates a perfectly crispy exterior while keeping the chicken tender and juicy on the inside. The air fryer delivers all the crispiness you desire without the need for excessive oil, making it a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods. With minimal effort and maximum flavor, these chicken sliders are guaranteed crowd-pleasers.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chicken Pesto Sliders
Are you looking for an easy and delicious way to cook up a crowd-pleasing meal? Look no further than our new Air Fryer Chicken Pesto Sliders!
These delicious little sliders will surely be the hit of your next get-together. With minimal prep time, simple ingredients, and quick cooking time in the air fryer, these scrumptious sandwiches will have everyone begging for seconds! So if you’re ready to indulge in something truly special that won’t take too much effort or too much time in the kitchen!
Remember the step-by-step directions and the detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Dinner Rolls: Use store-bought slider rolls, or make your own with my air fryer dinner roll recipe.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter that has been melted.
- Garlic: Use minced garlic, fresh garlic is best for this recipe.
- Parsley: Use fresh parsley that has been diced.
- Pesto: Store-bought or homemade.
- Chicken: Use cooked chicken breast shredded or leftover rotisserie chicken.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Use freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
How To Cook Chicken Sliders In Air Fryer
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to cook chicken sliders, look no further than the air fryer! This quick and straightforward cooking method produces juicy sliders with a crispy outside that is sure to please. Whether you’re preparing dinner for a special gathering or want something tasty to snack on while watching football, these chicken sliders will hit the spot.
Below, we’ll discuss how to prepare these succulent little sandwiches and provide some helpful pointers so you can perfect them in your kitchen. So crank up your air fryer, and let’s start making some delicious homemade chicken sliders!
Step One: Prepare The Topping
Mix the melted butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step Two: Prepare The Rolls
Unwrap the rolls. Then using a long knife and cutting board, slice through the middle of
the rolls horizontally.
Step Three: Assemble The Chicken Sliders
Transfer the bottom half of the rolls to the bottom of the air fryer basket or place them onto the air fryer tray. Add 1/3 cup of basil pesto to the bottom half of the rolls and spread until it reaches the edges. Sprinkle the shredded rotisserie chicken over the pesto layer, then add the shredded mozzarella cheese over the chicken.
Add the other 1/3 cup of basil pesto to the top half of the rolls and spread to the edges.
Then place the top half of the rolls over the cheese layer.
Cover the sliders with the melted butter mixture using a basting brush or a spoon. Place foil over the rolls and air fry for 3-5 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for 5 additional minutes to brown the tops of the rolls. Serve warm and enjoy
Pro Tips For Cooking Chicken Sliders In Air Fryer
- Choose the Right Chicken: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for sliders. They cook quickly and evenly in the air fryer.
- Season the Chicken: Season the chicken with your preferred spices, such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, or any other seasoning blend you like.
- Lightly Oil the Basket: Lightly spray or brush the air fryer basket with oil to prevent sticking and promote crispiness. Or add a piece of foil or parchment paper to the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Cook in Batches: Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the chicken sliders in batches. Avoid overcrowding the basket, as it can lead to uneven cooking.
- Cook at the Right Temperature
- Serve Immediately: Chicken sliders are best enjoyed immediately while they are still warm and crispy.
Can I use frozen chicken for air fryer chicken pesto sliders?
Using fresh or thawed chicken for air fryer chicken pesto sliders is best. Frozen chicken may not cook evenly in the air fryer, and the breading may not crisp up properly.
How long does cooking chicken pesto sliders in an air fryer take?
The cooking time can vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces, as well as the specific air fryer model. However, a general guideline is to cook chicken pesto sliders in the air fryer at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
Can I make the chicken pesto sliders in advance?
While it’s best to enjoy chicken pesto sliders immediately after cooking for optimal texture and flavor, you can prepare the chicken in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Reheat the chicken in the air fryer for a few minutes before assembling the sliders.
How should I store leftover chicken pesto sliders?
If you have any leftover chicken pesto sliders, allow them to cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Consume them within 2-3 days.
Can I use a different type of meat for these sliders?
Absolutely! While the recipe is specifically for chicken pesto sliders, you can easily substitute the chicken with other meats such as turkey, beef, or even vegetarian options like grilled portobello mushrooms or tofu. Adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the type of meat you choose.
Can I freeze chicken pesto sliders?:
Yes, you can freeze chicken pesto sliders. Prepare the sliders as instructed, then place them on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag or container. When ready to cook, thaw the sliders in the refrigerator overnight and cook them in the air fryer according to the recipe.
Can I use store-bought pesto for the sliders?
Yes, you can use store-bought pesto for convenience. However, homemade pesto can offer a fresher and more vibrant flavor. Feel free to use whichever option suits your preferences and time constraints.
What toppings can I add to the chicken pesto sliders?
You can customize your chicken pesto sliders with various toppings such as fresh lettuce, sliced tomatoes, red onions, avocado, cheese (such as mozzarella or provolone), or even additional pesto sauce. Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite flavor profile.
Can I reheat the chicken pesto sliders in the air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat the chicken pesto sliders in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C), place the sliders in the basket, and heat them for a few minutes until warmed through. Keep an eye on them to prevent overcooking or drying out.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER BOSTON BROWN BREAD
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS MAPLE BACON CROISSANTS
- AIR FRYER MAPLE BACON DIP
- AIR FRYER PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO
Air Fryer Chicken Pesto Sliders
- 12 dinner rolls, sliders or regular
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, diced
- 2/3 cup pesto, divided
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Mix the melted butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Unwrap the rolls. Then using a long knife and cutting board, slice through the middle of the rolls horizontally.
- Transfer the bottom half of the rolls to the bottom of the air fryer basket or place them onto the air fryer tray. Add 1/3 cup of basil pesto to the bottom half of the rolls and spread until it reaches the edges. Sprinkle the shredded rotisserie chicken over the pesto layer, then add the shredded mozzarella cheese over the chicken.
- Add the other 1/3 cup of basil pesto to the top half of the rolls and spread to the edges. Then place the top half of the rolls over the cheese layer.
- Cover the sliders with the melted butter mixture using a basting brush or a spoon. Place foil over the rolls and air fry for 3-5 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for 5 additional minutes to brown the tops of the rolls. Serve warm and enjoy
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Aluminum Foil, optional