Air Fryer Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs — Looking for an easy and healthy meal? Try these air fryer pesto chicken and tomato kebabs! They’re delicious and perfect for a summer barbecue. Plus, they’re low-carb and gluten-free. So go ahead and enjoy them guilt-free!
There is nothing better on a warm summer evening than a great and easy chicken dinner. Today I am giving you my recipe for Air Fryer Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs.
Pesto Chicken kebabs are so awesome, the air fryer does an amazing job at perfectly cooking them up, and they are ready for a delicious and healthy dinner!
If you love BBQ, you will so love this recipe. With only four ingredients, you get a great and tasty dinner made in less than 10 minutes!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST (LEMON GARLIC), AIR FRYER POLLO ASADO CHICKEN, AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN TENDERS, and AIR FRYER PESTO CHICKEN TENDERS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
Summer is the perfect time for cookouts and kebabs are always a fun and easy option! In this post, we’ll show you how to make pesto chicken and tomato kebabs in your air fryer. These are quick and healthy meals that everyone will love. So get your skewers ready and let’s get cooking!
- Chicken: Either use Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, or chicken tenders. You can also use turkey tenderloins for this recipe.
- Pesto Sauce: Use store-bought or homemade
- Cherry Tomatoes: You can also use diced tomatoes, for this recipe, although I love cherry tomatoes for this recipe.
How To Make Air Fryer Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
Start by cutting your chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix in the pesto and marinade from an hour to overnight.
Then thread the chicken and tomatoes through the skewers. Place in your Air Fryer, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken before removing it. The chicken’s internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
Pro Tips For Making The Best Pesto Chicken Kebabs
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breast for the healthiest option.
- You can use chicken thighs (boneless) for this meal.
- You can either use store-bought or homemade pesto sauce for this recipe.
- The longer the meat soaks, the more flavor that you will get from your dish.
- You can add other vegetables; I went with simple tomatoes, which are amazing when Air Fried.
- Do not overcook. The key to cooking with the Air Fryer is to check your meat frequently and use a meat thermometer to know when your meat is perfectly done.
How do I know the chicken is done?
When meat is perfectly done, the best way to tell when meat is perfectly done is to use a meat thermometer and check the temperature.
When the temperature reaches 165 degrees F, the meat is fully cooked, and you should remove the meat from the Air Fryer.
How much pesto chicken can I put in the air fryer at once?
The amount of food you can cook in your air fryer will depend on what air fryer you own. The larger models can handle more food.
The key is not to overcrowd your basket so that the pesto chicken fully cooks up. So leave some space around the skewers so the chicken will cook up perfectly.
What Is The Best Pesto To Use?
While if you have homemade pesto, you can easily switch that out for the bottle jar sauce I used in this recipe. I wanted to give you a few recommendations for a good-quality bottled pesto sauce.
Some of my favorites are (affiliate links included)
- Sonoma Gourmet Rich and Creamy Kale Pesto (Great for KETO)
- Compagnia Sanremo Pesto Basil Pesto
- Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
Can you put wood sticks (skewers) in an air fryer?
I have used Standard size wooden skewers in my air fryer oven, they are usually too large to fit in an air fryer basket.
The key is to soak them for about an hour before using them in the Air Fryer, this way they do not start to burn.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
Do you love chicken? How about air fryers? If you answered yes to both of those questions, then you’re in for a treat! Today we’ll be cooking up some delicious air fryer chicken recipes. Whether you’re looking for something spicy or something sweet, we’ve got you covered. So grab your air fryer and let’s get started!
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN YAKITORI
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS
- EASY AIR FRYER PAD THAI CHICKEN EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER WENDY’S SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
- 1 p;ound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Start by cutting your chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix in the pesto and marinade from an hour to overnight.
- Then thread the chicken and tomatoes through the skewers. Place in your Air Fryer, set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken before removing it. The chicken’s internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper
- Wooden or Metal Skewers, if using wooden kabobs soak them in water for 60-65 minutes.