This recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer is a great way to enjoy this classic sandwich’s flavors and textures in an easy, handheld form. Make them for an easy appetizer or homemade snack!
Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
One bite is all it takes to be transported back to your favorite Philly cheesesteak joint!
Philadelphia is known for its famous cheesesteaks. But what if I told you there was a way to make them at home?
With this quick and easy Philly cheesesteak egg roll recipe, all it takes are a few ingredients and some egg roll wrappers, and you can air fry these up to perfection! They are so good, and you won’t believe it!
These Philly’s are the ultimate egg roll. I make them in my air fryer to keep things simple and quick! The beef, provolone cheese sauce…my family could eat these all day long. Cheesesteak egg rolls are wrapped up perfectly in a crispy wrapper that’s just begging for a dip into your favorite dish.
If you love a great egg roll recipe, some of my favorite Air Fryer Egg Roll Recipes are AIR FRYER COOKIE DOUGH EGG ROLLS, AIR FRYER APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS, AIR FRYER LASAGNA EGG ROLLS, and AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER BANANA EGG ROLLS.
Why You’ll Love This Philly Cheesesteak Egg Roll Recipe
- Bursting with flavor
- Quick and easy air fryer recipe
- Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside
- Perfect for game day or any occasion
- A unique twist on traditional egg rolls
- Fun! Dip them in your favorite sauce like ranch, BBQ sauce, ketchup, etc
Ingredients Needed For Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Ground Beef – Today, I used ground beef because I usually have some on hand, but another popular option is shaved steak. You can easily purchase shaved steak in your meat department. Other options would be sliced ribeye, ground turkey, ground chicken, or even a vegan meat alternative.
- Onions – You can easily substitute frozen onions instead of fresh ones. Additionally, I used regular onions, although sweet onions and Vidalia onions would work well too.
- Green Bell Pepper – You can also use frozen bell peppers. If you have red or yellow peppers on hand instead of green, feel free to use those!
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Provolone Cheese – If you want to make this dairy-free, you can skip the cheese. Traditional cheesesteaks are prepared with provolone, but you can also use other options such as Swiss, shredded mozzarella, Cheeze Whiz, or any cheese you have on hand.
- Cream Cheese
How To Make Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls Recipe
Step 1: Brown the beef
Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil. Turn the burners over to low-to-medium heat, and once your skillet is hot, add the ground beef and seasonings.
Step 2: Add the veggies
Once your beef begins to brown, add the diced green bell pepper and diced onions. Continue to stir and cook until the meat is fully browned and the vegetables are softened.
Step 3: Add the cheese
Once your filling is fully cooked, remove the skillet from the stove, fold in the provolone cheese, and mix in the cream cheese. Continue to mix until the cheese is melted.
Step 4: Fill the egg roll wrappers
Place your egg roll wrapper on a flat surface. Then, add about 1/2 cup of the meat mixture in the center. Using your finger or a pastry brush, brush on some water to the sides. Then, roll up your egg roll. This a great video to watch on how to do this easily.
Step 5: Air fry the egg rolls
Continue to make the rest of the egg rolls until you run out of filing. Add them to the air fryer basket in a single layer and spray them with cooking spray.
Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting for 8 to 10 minutes. When done cooking, place egg rolls on a paper towel-lined plate to collect extra grease.
Tips for Making This Cheesesteak Egg Roll Recipe in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer: This recipe will work in any Air Fryer, either a basket or oven model, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and Mealthy Lid.
- Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different, it is recommended that you watch your Philly cheesesteak egg rolls as they cooks up.
- Oil: For best results and a crispy exterior, spray your egg rolls with cooking spray. This will help the surface get crispy.
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the air fryer basket. The hot air circulating the Philly cheesesteak egg rolls helps them crisp up.
What Dip Should I Serve Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls With?
So you’ve made the ultimate Philly cheesesteak egg rolls recipe, but now what do you serve them with?
When it comes to dipping sauces for these Philly egg rolls, there are many options out there. Some of my favorites are:
- Cheeze Whiz
- Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
You can also make your own dips using a food processor and other ingredients like mayonnaise, mustard, and spices.
How To Store Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
If you have any leftovers of this Philly cheesesteak egg roll recipe, let them cool to room temperature, then place them into an airtight container. Store them in the refrigerator, where they will last between 2 to 3 days.
Can I Freeze Cheesesteak Egg Rolls?
These are great appetizers that you can freeze ahead of time. Prepare the Philly cheesesteak egg rolls recipe through cooking, then place them on a greased baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer until the rolls are frozen solid.
Transfer the egg rolls to a freezer bag or freezer container. They will last for about 2 to 3 months. You can either air fry them from frozen or defrost them overnight in the refrigerator.
How Do I Reheat Leftover Egg Rolls In The Air Fryer?
Place any leftover egg rolls in the air fryer, then air fry at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 to 7 minutes.
Can I Make These Egg Rolls In The Oven?
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer or a deep fryer, you can still enjoy these Philly cheesesteak egg rolls. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spread the egg rolls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER COOKIE DOUGH EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER LASAGNA EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER BANANA EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHERRY CHEESECAKE EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER LOADED MASHED POTATO EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHEESY HAM & PICKLE EGG ROLLS
This Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer recipe is a great way to enjoy this classic sandwich's flavors and textures in an easy, handheld form. Make them for an easy appetizer or homemade snack!
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese sliced, and diced
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 10 egg roll wrappers
Spray your skillet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
Turn the burners over to low-to-medium heat, and once your skillet is hot, add the ground beef and seasonings.
Once your beef is about starting to brown, add the diced green bell pepper and diced onions.
Continue to stir and cook until the meat is fully browned and the vegetables are softened.
Once your filling is fully cooked, remove the skillet from the stove, fold in the provolone cheese, and mix the cream cheese.
Continue to mix until the cheese is melted.
On a flat surface, place your egg roll wrapper. Then add about 1/2 cup of filling in the center of the egg roll wrapper. Using your finger or a pastry brush, brush on some water to the sides. Then roll up your egg roll.
Continue to make the rest of the egg rolls until you run out of filing. Then add them to the air fryer basket. Spray them with cooking spray. Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting for 8 to 10 minutes.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply