If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to make burgers, look no further than the air fryer! With just a few minutes of cook time, you can have juicy and flavorful burgers that everyone will love.!
Plus, the air fryer is a great way to avoid all the mess that comes with cooking burgers on the stovetop. Just top your patties with your favorite toppings, and you’re good to go!
This article will teach you how to make the juiciest and most delicious air fryer burgers possible. You will also learn about some of the different ingredients you can use, as well as some great ways to top your burger.
Finally, you will learn some of the best tips for getting the perfect burger every time.
If you are looking for some other air fryer recipes, my family’s favorites are Air Fryer Stromboli and Air Fryer Monte Cristo Sandwich.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Air Fryer Burger Recipe
- Makes a very juicy burger
- Great for a quick and easy meal
- Only takes a few minutes to cook
- Can be topped with your favorite toppings
Of course, the perfect burger starts with a great package of meat. These simple air fryer burgers are made with ground beef, as it is the most popular meat choice for burgers.
To make the best burger, whether in the air fryer, grill or oven, you need the proper cut of meat or, as the meat industry calls it, fat content for burgers. In order to have the juiciest burgers, you’ll want your fresh ground beef to have enough fat. The best fat content for burgers is between 15 to 20 percent, so aim for this when buying your meat.
Juicy Air Fryer Hamburgers Ingredients
- Ground Beef: ideally 15 – 20 percent fat
- Butter: cold, grated
- Worcestershire Sauce provides a unique umami flavor and enhances everything.
- Minced Garlic: fresh is best but jarred, pasted, or powdered will do in a pinch
- Optional Cheese: cheddar is fine, or go with pepper jack cheese for a spicy kick
- Other Ingredients: Onion Powder, Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- To Serve: In buns with lettuce, onion, tomato, condiments, and fries, or enjoy in a burger salad bowl for a lighter option!
- Air fryer: any type, basket, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, Meathly or Oven Air Fryer
- Spatula: so you can carefully remove the patties from the hot air fryer basket.
How to Make This Air Fryer Hamburger Recipe
Step 1: Combine ingredients and mix
- Firstly, preheat your air fryer (if necessary) to the 370 degrees F air fryer setting.
- Then combine the beef, grated butter, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic, and onion powder in a large bowl.
Step 2: Make patties and add seasoning
- Divide the mixture into four equal parts, then form patties. Press a thumb into the center of each patty to create an indentation ‘o’ that the patty holds its shape as it cooks.
- Salt and pepper on both sides of the patties.
Step 3: Put in Air Fryer and cook
- Place the hamburger patties in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add (optional) cheese and serve
- Optional: Turn off the air fryer and open the basket, place a cheese slice on each patty, and then close the basket for about a minute to melt the cheese.
- Serve hot with your favorite fixing
Tips and Variations
- Serve your juicy hamburgers with some french fries or air fryer potato wedges for a complete meal.
- Try different kinds of hamburger buns like brioche buns or even a lettuce wrap for some variation.
- Add your favorite condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce, etc.
- For an easy clean-up, line the air fryer basket with aluminum foil before cooking.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd. Simply cook the burgers in batches.
Some Common Questions Asked About This Recipe-
What is the best ground beef to use for Burgers?
To make the best burger, whether in the air fryer, grill or oven, you really need the proper cut of meat, or as the meat industry calls it, fat content for burgers. The best fat content for burgers is between 15 to 20 percent.
So check your meat aisle at your local grocery store and look for 85% to 80% ground beef. The higher the fat content, the more flavor your Air Fryer Burger will have.
What Kind Of Cheese Should I Use?
You can use whatever your family’s favorite is. Today I used a simple Cheddar Cheese, which melted wonderfully.
Some other options are American Cheese, Brie, Goat Cheese, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Provolone, Smoked Gouda, Swiss Cheese, Blue Cheese, Feta, Burrata, and Fontina.
Will I need to spray my air fryer before adding the patties?
There’s no need to use cooking spray for this recipe, as there is butter in the patties, and beef is generally fatty enough to cook by itself.
How long does it take to cook a burger in the air fryer?
Depending on thickness, between 8-12 minutes, flipping the patties over halfway through.
Just be sure to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure they are done. They should be at least 160 degrees F.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes! Prepare patties according to the recipe, then place a piece of parchment paper between each patty. Cover and refrigerate overnight or freeze for a quick meal.
You can freeze patties for up to 4 months. To cook frozen burger patties, adjust the cooking time to 10 minutes on each side.
How do I store leftovers?
Keep cooked leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. Then, reheat in the air fryer, oven, or microwave until warmed through.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER MINI TACO BOWLS
- AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN YAKITORI
- AIR FRYER THE BEST PEPPERONI CALZONE
Cooks of the world, rejoice! The age-old question of cooking the perfect burger has finally been answered. With this Air Fryer Burger recipe, you can enjoy a juicy and delicious burger without all of the calories and fat. Plus, using your air fryer is quick and easy–you'll have dinner on your plate in no time. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
- 2.25 pounds ground beef 85/15
- 1/3 cup butter cold, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the air fryer to 370F, Air Fryer Setting.
In a large bowl, combine beef, grated butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and onion powder.
Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts, then form patties. Press a thumb into the center of each patty to create an indentation so that the patty holds its shape as it cooks.
Salt and pepper both sides of the patties
Place patties in a single layer in the preheated basket.
Cook for 5 minutes, then flip.
Cook for an additional 5 minutes
Optional: Turn off the air fryer, open the basket, and place a slice of cheese on each patty. Close the basket for about a minute to melt the cheese.
Add your favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply