Cooks of the world, rejoice! The age-old question of cooking the perfect burger has finally been answered. With this Air Fryer Burger recipe, you can enjoy a juicy and delicious burger without all of the calories and fat. Plus, using your air fryer is quick and easy–you’ll have dinner on your plate in no time. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
The Perfect Air Fryer Burger Recipe
If you are yearning for a great homemade burger but want to skip the grill, this Air Fryer Burger recipe has got you covered. You will get a perfectly juicy and delicious burger with only 10 minutes of cooking. This is one of my kid’s favorite meals at our house, so my family has air fryer burgers almost every week. It’s amazing.
The burger is such a classic American food, but it only needs few ingredients to make it! So you can skip the drive-thru and make one yourself with little effort and very little cooking time. Whether it’s winter or summer you can create your own burgers and customize them with your favorite herbs, spices, cheeses, and toppings!
Of course, the perfect burger starts with a great package of meat. These simple air fryer burgers are made with ground beef, as it is the most popular meat choice for burgers. To make the best burger, whether in the air fryer, grill or oven, you need the right cut of meat or, as the meat industry calls it, fat content for burgers. The best fat content for burgers is between 15 to 20 percent, so aim for this when buying your meat.
What Will I Need To Make The Best Air Fryer Burgers
- Ground Beef: ideally 15 – 20 percent fat
- Butter: cold, grated
- Worcestershire Sauce: provides a unique unami flavor and enhances everything
- Minced Garlic: fresh is best but jarred, paste, or powdered will do in a pinch
- Optional Cheese: cheddar is fine, or go with a pepper jack cheese for a spicy kick
- Other Ingredients: Onion Powder, Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- To Serve: In buns with lettuce, onion, tomato, condiments, and fries, or enjoy in a burger salad bowl for a lighter option!
- Air fryer: any type, basket, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, Meathly or Oven Air Fryer
- Spatula: so you can carefully remove the patties from the hot air fryer basket.
How To Make Burgers In An Air Fryer
Step 1: Combine ingredients and mix
- Firstly, preheat your air fryer (if necessary) to the 370 degrees F air fryer setting.
- Then combine the beef, grated butter, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic, and onion powder in a large bowl.
Step 2: Make patties and add seasoning
- Divide the mixture into four equal parts, then form patties. Press a thumb into the center of each patty to create an indentation ‘o’ that the patty holds its shape as it cooks.
- Salt and pepper on both sides of the patties.
Step 3: Put in Air Fryer and cook
- Place the patties in a single layer in the preheated basket and cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add (optional) cheese and serve
- Optional: Turn off the air fryer and open the basket, place a slice of cheese on each patty, and then close the basket for about a minute to melt the cheese.
- Serve hot with your favorite fixing.
To make the best burger, whether in the air fryer, grill or oven, you really need the right cut of meat, or as the meat industry calls it, fat content for burgers. The best fat content for burgers is between 15 to 20 percent.
So check your meat aisle at your local grocery store and look for 85% to 80% ground beef. The higher the fat content, the more flavor your Air Fryer Burger will have.
You can use whatever your family’s favorite is. Today I used a simple Cheddar Cheese, which melted wonderfully.
Some other options are American Cheese, Brie, Goat Cheese, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Provolone, Smoked Gouda, Swiss Cheese, Blue Cheese, Feta, Burrata, and Fontina.
There’s no need to use cooking spray for this recipe as there is butter in the patties, and beef is generally fatty enough to cook by itself.
Depending on thickness, between 8-12 minutes, flipping the patties over halfway through.
Yes! Prepare patties according to the recipe, then place a piece of parchment paper between each patty. Cover and refrigerate overnight or freeze for a quick meal. You can freeze patties for up to 4 months.
To cook these burgers from frozen, adjust the cooking time to 10 minutes on each side.
Keep cooked leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
If you’re looking for more Air Fryer Recipes for quick and easy dinners, some of my family’s favorites are:
- AIR FRYER MINI TACO BOWLS
- AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN YAKITORI
- AIR FRYER THE BEST PEPPERONI CALZONE
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 2.25-pound 85/15 ground beef
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional: Cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 370F, Air Fryer Setting.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, grated butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and onion powder.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal parts, then form patties. Press a thumb into the center of each patty to create an indentation so that the patty holds its shape as it cooks.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the patties
- Place patties in a single layer in the preheated basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then flip.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Optional: Turn off the air fryer, open the basket, and place a slice of cheese on each patty. Close the basket for about a minute to melt the cheese.
- Add your favorite toppings.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Keep cooked leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 391mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on ForkToSpoon.com should only be used as a general guideline.